Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very Satisfied Customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I say North I mean Aberdeenshire. Stopped at the Dundee superchargers and they worked perfectly. Been testing the Charge Your Car card on the free chargers in Aberdeenshire and getting abut a 75% success rate. I would be a bit nervous about heading beyond Inverness, but the best apps to help are plug share and charge your car.

I’m in Aberdeenshire (near Banchory) and am waiting for my Raven X which I ordered mid August, so I’m interested in any local charger information. Which ones work no problem and where have you had issues please.
Thanks

Not really, with all my ICE deliveries, I've been hounded at delivery to buy various things, such as shark fin radio antennas, GAP insurance, mats, seat cover protections, all kind of stuff. On my wifes previous purchase the dealer even tried to insist on me signing a form to confirm that I had been offered these things but had refused to purchase. Most annoying.

This the up selling I was referring to.

Reactions: Futuresystem
I’m in Aberdeenshire (near Banchory) and am waiting for my Raven X which I ordered mid August, so I’m interested in any local charger information. Which ones work no problem and where have you had issues please.
Thanks

Laings Inverurie Charger Fail

50kw Charger Burn Lane (M & S Car Park) Inverurie Fail. 7KW Chargers there work. The Charge Your Car App generally (but not always), gives you a charger status.

Not really, with all my ICE deliveries, I've been hounded at delivery to buy various things, such as shark fin radio antennas, GAP insurance, mats, seat cover protections, all kind of stuff. On my wifes previous purchase the dealer even tried to insist on me signing a form to confirm that I had been offered these things but had refused to purchase. Most annoying.

That was my ICE buying experience also, with both JLR and Audi. Particular favourites were GAP insurance, Paintwork Insurance and Alloy Wheel Insurance. All of which were at far higher prices than available via t'internet. I had to politely refuse on multiple occasions and also sign a doc to say that I was not interested in them. Which I assumed at the time was just so the salesperson had a record of the fact he had tried to sell me them as no doubt he was set targets to do so.

That was my ICE buying experience also, with both JLR and Audi. Particular favourites were GAP insurance, Paintwork Insurance and Alloy Wheel Insurance. All of which were at far higher prices than available via t'internet. I had to politely refuse on multiple occasions and also sign a doc to say that I was not interested in them. Which I assumed at the time was just so the salesperson had a record of the fact he had tried to sell me them as no doubt he was set targets to do so.
Ditto here, with my previous purchases from Nissan and Hyundai. There are all sorts of rules regarding car dealers selling insurance, and one of them is that you have to sign to say that it has all been explained to you and that you've declined to purchase.

In other news, for the first time ever I have purchased these products! I decided that, given the cost of the Model 3 (by far and away the most money I've ever spent on a car) that I would buy cosmetic damage insurance, as someone is bound to ding the door in a supermarket carpark...:mad:

And given that there are numerous reports on here of M3 owners kerbing the Aero wheels, I've also bought alloy insurance :eek:

So, three years cover for cosmetic damage, £170, and three years alloy cover, £129. These car things do soak up money!

Last edited:
Ditto here, with my previous purchases from Nissan and Hyundai. There are all sorts of rules regarding car dealers selling insurance, and one of them is that you have to sign to say that it has all been explained to you and that you've declined to purchase.

In other news, for the first time ever I have purchased these products! I decided that, given the cost of the Model 3 (by far and away the most money I've ever spent on a car) that I would buy cosmetic damage insurance, as someone is bound to ding the door in a supermarket carpark...:mad:

And given that there are numerous reports on here of M3 owners kerbing the Aero wheels, I've also bought alloy insurance :eek:

So, three years cover for cosmetic damage, £170, and three years alloy cover, £129. These cars things do soak up money!
Those prices seem very reasonable. Where from?

I recently had a door ding/dent repaired for £150, so that's pretty decent.

My door jams are all pitch black with a good paint covering. I’m sure Tesla will rectify your paint but that is disappointing for you.
Your pics are of your B-pillar jams - these are all painted well from the factory from what I've seen.

Known areas where the paint is thin/missing and is "normal":
1. A pillar jam between front-door and front-fender.
2. Under the hood/bonnet in the honeycomb.
3. Around the hinges of the trunk.

Honestly the only place where the thin paint bothers me is the front-fender-door-jam as you see this every time you open the front door. The hood/trunk is tolerable. But it would still be better if Tesla spent another $10 on paint to make cover all visible areas of the car with paint. With robots, it can't be all that hard to get these areas painted well.

Corrosion isn't a concern in the uncovered areas. The entire car is dipped into an an anti-corrosion primer/paint bath before paint, so the issue is entirely cosmetic, but it's annoying on a "luxury" vehicle as even economy vehicles are painted better in these areas.

And, the acceleration OMG. You can literally feel your brain pulled back through the fluid in your skull. I have not felt such a thrill since I went to six flags over California. I thought you were all exaggerating but you were playing it down.

You'll be excited to know that thrill - that rush - you'll still be experiencing it 5+ years from now. I don't know (yet) about 10+ years from now, but I still find myself stopping for stop lights that I don't really need to stop for, just so I can be first in line to accelerate away when the light changes.

I'm guessing that thrill never gets old, but since I haven't yet experienced "never", all I can say is it carries on for a long time :)

My Model 3, collected just over a week ago, was very nearly perfect, although I tried hard to find faults with it!
Driving it is awesome.
I hope the Superchargers don't get much faster - there is only just time to have a cup of coffee before being summoned back to the car.
Did you see that the Model 3 was the 3rd most sold car in the UK in August! The age of the electric car has now really begun.

This the up selling I was referring to.
Agreed- every ICE car I’ve bought has had that. I absolutely hate it, and just say “Before you begin, I’ll just tell you a big fat NO to everything you’re trying to sell me”. Then they usually start up anyway and I immediately say “What part of NO don’t you understand?”

So jealous- still waiting, waiting, waiting here, reservation holder from way back and ordered my white “P” within about 15 mins of orders going live here downunder.
The very first deliveries have just happened here in Australia last week, but only a very few. I’m just hopeful that I MIGHT get mine before the end of September, (but more likely I suspect October. )
Enjoy!

Reactions: bjbrown