Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assigned!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wait was exceptionally long - 61 days from configure to delivery. Hang in there. At some point in the future you'll be enjoying the car, and the long wait will be forgotten.

almost forgotten. :p
The trick is to call and harass them haha. My reservation wasn’t recognizing that I was a previous owner since I changed the email on my account after I reserved the M3 (for some reason their system can’t handle that, even though both M3 reservations still showed on My Tesla count)... consequently my entire process was delayed several months. Took multiple managers to straighten everything out.

Thanks for giving me hope everyone, but still not seeing a VIN yet. I’ll just keep checking twice a day, like a totally normal non-obsessive human.
That does sound totally normal and non-obsessive. I probably checked my account 2 to 3 times per hour until I got my VIN. In fact I'm still probably checking my account a few times a day even after my VIN has been assigned. (Not sure what I'm looking for now, but I can't seem to kick that F5 habit.)

I confirmed my reservation on 3/8 and am still waiting for my RN # to change to a VIN #! The waiting is the worst!

Yes, for the last week I've been checking my account 6 to 8 times a day, and even doing Ctrl + F5 to refresh from the server, and it hasn't added the VIN yet, and every time I'm all like "DAMMIT !!! WHAT THE HELL IS TAKING SO LONG?!?!?!?!?!?!?".

I had called Tesla last Wednesday and they said a sales person had been assigned to me. I saw the dollar amounts get added, but no VIN yet. I put in my build order on 3/12.

Whoah. I just confirmed my Model 3 order on March 23rd (was invited to on 3/22), and I just checked my profile - I have a VIN! It's in the 73XX range. No idea what this means, but it feels like progress! BTW, I selected "Cash payment" too, not sure if that made any difference.

I'm in NYC, stood in line on 3/31/16 to reserve and am not a current owner.

And I'm really going to need to sort out my charging options soon... :)
What color and wheel options did you choose?
EDIT: Saw your color later in the thread.

Are you in Manhattan? Let me know if you'd be up for letting me ride in the car (I'm in NYC for the next month or so). I just received my invitation to configure but want to ride in one before I pull the trigger!

Last edited:
What color and wheel options did you choose?
EDIT: Saw your color later in the thread.

Are you in Manhattan? Let me know if you'd be up for letting me ride in the car (I'm in NYC for the next month or so). I just received my invitation to configure but want to ride in one before I pull the trigger!
I'm in Queens. Supposed to pick it up this Saturday but flying to Europe the next day for the week so I'm not going to get much driving time in. DM me in 10 days or so and we can arrange to meet somewhere if you still want to come for a ride. They do have one in the Manhattan store but it's not available for test drives, from what I understand. You can get in and play around with it though. I've driven the S and X a few times and that was enough for me!

Got my VIN this evening! I had checked around 430 pm eastern time, and no VIN. Then I checked again just now and there it was, on both the first and second (MANAGE) pages of my account.

I'm in the upper end of the 014000 to 014999 range. 014 nunya nunya nunya.

I placed my build order late in the evening of 3/12, got my VIN in the evening of 4/11. Now for a phone call and delivery date. I'm guessing around the end of the month.

I already have my Model 3 trunk lid emblems from RPM Tesla. Still waiting on my Model 3 center cap and lug nut cover kit from Tesla to arrive.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I also got mine this morning Configured on 3/5.
Got my VIN this evening! I had checked around 430 pm eastern time, and no VIN. Then I checked again just now and there it was, on both the first and second (MANAGE) pages of my account.

I'm in the upper end of the 014000 to 014999 range. 014 nunya nunya nunya.

I placed my build order late in the evening of 3/12, got my VIN in the evening of 4/11. Now for a phone call and delivery date. I'm guessing around the end of the month.

I already have my Model 3 trunk lid emblems from RPM Tesla. Still waiting on my Model 3 center cap and lug nut cover kit from Tesla to arrive.
I also got mine this morning and the VIN was in the high 14,000s. Configured on 3/5. I was the 3rd person through the door at a California store on 3/31 so that definitely didn't help with any sort of priority. I think what others are saying is correct, if you live near a high volume service center in CA it takes them longer to get the car to you. Don't think it matters but I got white with aero wheels and no EAP.

I also got mine this morning Configured on 3/5.

I also got mine this morning and the VIN was in the high 14,000s. Configured on 3/5. I was the 3rd person through the door at a California store on 3/31 so that definitely didn't help with any sort of priority. I think what others are saying is correct, if you live near a high volume service center in CA it takes them longer to get the car to you. Don't think it matters but I got white with aero wheels and no EAP.

Mine is also a pearl white 3 with aero wheels and no EAP. In another topic here, someone just mentioned that sport wheel cars were being processed, but there seemed to be a holdup on aero wheel cars.

Mine is also a pearl white 3 with aero wheels and no EAP. In another topic here, someone just mentioned that sport wheel cars were being processed, but there seemed to be a holdup on aero wheel cars.
I think it may vary more on the options selected (EAP/FSD). Mine is Blue with Aero wheels and I could have picked up my car in NYC less than 10 days after configuring, (configured 3/23, was offered 3/31 delivery). They may be expediting the fully loaded ones to maximize margins. I also would guess that my delivery date was a last ditch effort to bump up the Q1 delivery numbers.

As it stands, I had to delay pick-up a bit (most recently due to a paint chip being spotted during detailing which caused a trip to the body shop). But my new delivery date is Saturday, April 14th.

I just discovered my VIN 30*** via the checkout method but I would like to know the full VIN code for the insurance people.
I have seen one posted but I would ask someone to post their VIN (2018 Model 3) in full, except for the last 6 digits.