Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traded Model 3 for new Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just accepted Tesla's trade-in value on my 2019 Model 3LR towards a new 2023 MYLR. Actually, placed my "order" yesterday. Was advised two cars arriving next week with my specs. Assigned me a VIN in a matter of minutes. FYI, All MY's are arriving with HW4.

I have a 2022 M3LR and wife has a 2021 Model YLR and I've been struggling of late over whether or not to trade or sell my Model 3 and get a new MY. Problem is I really enjoy how the M3 drives and handles and I don't enjoy entry/exit from a low vehicle despite using not so easy entry/exit feature. OTOH, the MY has a much easier entry/exit, but doesn't drive/handle as nimbly. Have even thought about switching vehicles with the wife which she is fine with, but I really do enjoy the agility of the M3. According to Tesla the trade in value for the M3 would be about mid-30's range. Decisions....decisions!

Rick

I have a MY and have driven my share of M3. When I show the MY I always mention that if you are under 30, you will love a model 3. If you are over 40, you will love the model Y. Agree with Rick, the M3 with the low profile is not as easy getting in and out as the MY.

Reactions: El joe