Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No reservation, order placed: 10-26 added EAP: 11-8 GOT MY VIN TODAY: 5YJ3E1EB9JF122xxx
Tesla said vehicle ready to ship to Honolulu delivery to MAUI. It looks like i will get the $7500 Tax credit!

• Long Range All-Wheel Drive
    • Pearl White Paint
    • 19’’ Sport Wheels
    • Black and White Premium Interior
    • Enhanced Autopilot

Congrats, what a great vehicle for Hawaii.

Reactions: 9114s
Thanks for doing this sorting. Still on target for this Saturday. Seems like everything will be fine.

The Saturday pickup went great. Only one minor, likely unfixable dent on the body above the rear passenger door (if anyone here is a PDR expert please chime in with opinion, but I believe it isn't accessible). Paint looked ok, with standard ill-fitting Tesla body panels and slightly misaligned doors (this is all normal and fine :) ). And of course a missing bolt under the car, which is also normal, and a big scrape on the plastic portion of the rocker panel, which is normal. An out-of-spec gap in the chrome trim (visible, but not obviously bad, in the picture). All on the due bill, duly noted, and with any luck I can avoid a service center visit.

Build date for 081xxx was October 2018.
IMG_3127.jpg

Last edited:
The Saturday pickup went great. Only one minor, likely unfixable dent on the body above the rear passenger door (if anyone here is a PDR expert please chime in with opinion, but I believe it isn't accessible). Paint looked ok, with standard ill-fitting Tesla body panels and slightly misaligned doors (this is all normal and fine :) ). And of course a missing bolt under the car, which is also normal, and a big scrape on the plastic portion of the rocker panel, which is normal. An out-of-spec gap in the chrome trim (visible, but not obviously bad, in the picture). All on the due bill, duly noted, and with any luck I can avoid a service center visit.

Build date for 081xxx was October 2018.
View attachment 352635

Is the gap above the chrome trim or in between the pieces???? I'm a little confused.

Is the gap above the chrome trim or in between the pieces???? I'm a little confused.

It’s between the chrome pieces. This picture is not to display that issue, it’s incidentally in the picture. But it is pretty obvious, and different from other Model 3s. Relatively minor issue.

Attachments

• 5E47F253-C245-4A5D-922F-158C6699C60F.jpeg
    5E47F253-C245-4A5D-922F-158C6699C60F.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 62
We originally ordered an MR on 10/19. It would have been enough of a car for us, but we were still thinking that the additional range of LR RWD might be worth the money over the long term, if an LR were to become available. Our Owner Advisor found an LR RWD coming out of the factory yesterday and we decided to grab that one. The VIN ends in 149XXX.

We originally ordered an MR on 10/19. It would have been enough of a car for us, but we were still thinking that the additional range of LR RWD might be worth the money over the long term, if an LR were to become available. Our Owner Advisor found an LR RWD coming out of the factory yesterday and we decided to grab that one. The VIN ends in 149XXX.
are owner advisors only available to existing customer? I would like to speak to one... Could you please let me know how I can reach them?
Thanks.

are owner advisors only available to existing customer? I would like to speak to one... Could you please let me know how I can reach them?
Thanks.

I don't know how this Owner Advisor thing works in general. I think it is just a fancy name for a sales person. I'm not a prior owner or a reservation holder.

A couple of months ago, I called my local store in Palo Alto for a test drive. The following day, after I finished the test drive, a helpful guy sent me an email introducing himself as the Owner Advisor. He has been easily reachable. I can see him at the store, send him email/text, call him on his cell phone. When he was away one week, his boss (Asst. Store Manager?) jumped in to help. He has answered a ton of questions, arranged for couple of test drives, added a referral code after I placed the order, looked out for an LR RWD after I placed the MR order, and made the VIN match last night when he found an LR RWD. It has been a positive experience so far.

I don't know what the forum rules are about posting names of individuals here. If you want, I can send his name to you via a private message. Did you not involve anyone from your local store when placing the order?

• Informative
Reactions: lensovet
I don't know how this Owner Advisor thing works in general. I think it is just a fancy name for a sales person. I'm not a prior owner or a reservation holder.

A couple of months ago, I called my local store in Palo Alto for a test drive. The following day, after I finished the test drive, a helpful guy sent me an email introducing himself as the Owner Advisor. He has been easily reachable. I can see him at the store, send him email/text, call him on his cell phone. When he was away one week, his boss (Asst. Store Manager?) jumped in to help. He has answered a ton of questions, arranged for couple of test drives, added a referral code after I placed the order, looked out for an LR RWD after I placed the MR order, and made the VIN match last night when he found an LR RWD. It has been a positive experience so far.

I don't know what the forum rules are about posting names of individuals here. If you want, I can send his name to you via a private message. Did you not involve anyone from your local store when placing the order?

This is exactly want they are. They're the sales people, per say. You should know who they are, if you went for a test drive at a Tesla location. They were the ones in the car with you. Again, if you ordered on-line, and you are close to a Tesla center, you should be able to walk in there and they will help you. Every center I've ever visited has always been super helpful. Hope this helps.

Reactions: lensovet
I ordered on Sunday 10/22 with an off-menu mod to LR RWD on Monday. Within a few days I had a delivery appointment scheduled for 11/21 so I'm excited that it's coming up soon. My only concern is yesterday I got my VIN and it's really low... 060xxx. I understand that VINs aren't used in order but this seems awfully low. I don't want a car previously rejected by another buyer.

I know some of you seem to think that the build date means nothing, but this isn't an ordinary car where nothing is changed except at the start of a model year. Elon has said that improvements are added at any time, Unless major, they are not publicized.

Is there any way to find out the build date prior to delivery? Has anyone else seen an 060xxx VIN on a recent build?

My Owner Advisor was able to check the build date on his computer while he had me on the phone (before I gave him the go ahead to match that VIN to my order).
I haven't been in touch with my Owner Advisor since ordering, but I was assigned an Inside Delivery Advisor who was the one that texted me with the delivery date. I'll try contacting him during business hours tomorrow to see if he has access to the build date.

I haven't been in touch with my Owner Advisor since ordering, but I was assigned an Inside Delivery Advisor who was the one that texted me with the delivery date. I'll try contacting him during business hours tomorrow to see if he has access to the build date.
My inside advisor was able to send me a scan of the sticker the day I got my VIN. Keep in mind that even if it was manufactured a couple of months ago that doesn't mean it was rejected by someone else previously. It may have been matched to someone who had to cancel or it could have never been matched and just have been sitting there waiting for a match.

Reactions: KJD
M... it could have never been matched and just have been sitting there waiting for a match.
Thanks for the info. I'll be calling my advisor Monday.

As far as the car might just have been waiting for a match, I've read that a few times on this forum but never really thought that was likely. There just aren't that many color choices, even fewer options (mostly wheel choices). As for EAP that can be turned on or off at will, so if they weren't selling many white RWD Model 3s with the standard wheels (before dropping the LR RWD model), I'd have to conclude that the published sales numbers are made up. I guess it comes down to my comfort zone and I'd just be a lot more comfortable with accepting my car at pickup if it was recently produced. I might have nothing to fear with getting an older car, but I hope I don't have to make that decision.