TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

VIN; Where and When?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by mesalum, Sep 21, 2014.

1. mesalum

mesalum Member

Sorry if this is else where but could not find any info.

Where did you find your VIN once it was assigned? My dashboard shows my order number. Does that get replaced with VIN?

When did you received your VIN? How soon after you confirmed your order?

Is the only communication via emails from assigned DS? Or are there any automated emails from the Tesla production database?

Thanks everybody

2. R²B

R²B All Star

The order number will get replaced with the VIN when it gets assigned. You'll also get an email notification.

3. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Vin # is assigned about 48-55 days before you are to receive delivery. When you get a Vin you are getting close. Being Dec delivery, you should see one in about 2-3 weeks, give or take. They have slowed the distribution of Vin numbers lately but we should see more being reported sometime soon.

4. seanahan

seanahan Member

For some definitions of "close". Likely, the time from confirmation to VIN assignment will be less than halfway to delivery.

5. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

I answered based on the OP location. If you are in hong Kong then the Vin number comes out about six months before delivery :)