TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vin #?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by bja70, Jun 4, 2014.

1. bja70

bja70 Member

Confirmed on 5/15 but still no VIN. Is there any rhyme or reason to when you get a VIN# assigned? Not that the car is coming anytime soon or anything.

2. wamochi

wamochi Member

i had the same question when i ordered, since it appeared a few others were getting VINs within days. the trend seems to indicate that VINs are commonly issued in batches on given dates. i don't know if that's true, but it did happen to me and many others that way. we got our VIN on 5/8 along with a bunch of people.

3. salamagd

salamagd Member

Yeah, it seems pretty random. I'm in Australia, confirmed on 5/29, and got my VIN on 6/3 - it seems most of the Australian orders happened in one batch!

4. benemac

benemac Member

Just got our VIN (50490)!!! We've been eagerly waiting for something to change on our dashboard and it popped up. Very excited. No update to the delivery. Just says September. Maybe others will have their VIN today if they ordered early June.

5. karmamule

karmamule Member

I confirmed 24th of May and just got my VIN 50411 today. I think your DS has to update what's displayed for you. Mine hadn't updated around dinner time so I e-mailed my DS and an hour later it was there. Not sure if coincidence or not, but it can't hurt to try!

6. benemac

benemac Member

That's encouraging. We figured we wouldn't have a date until mid August. I'm sure there were quite a few cars that entered the system today and your email may have prompted the DS to put yours in quicker. Ours will probably get it in some time next week. I doubt she's working the weekend, so we'll wait. We're hoping for the 12th-15th. We have some additional things we want done before our roadtrip in late Sept. She knows about it, so she may work some magic to get the car to us sooner. Crossing our fingers!

7. dark

dark Member

I just notice there is a number for my model s, something ends with 50xxx. Is that my VIN? What does it mean when there is a VIN number? People seem to talk about it a lot on the forum.

8. maxwells

maxwells P85 43796

Yes, that is your VIN. It means you can start shopping around for loans and auto insurance, both of which need a VIN for an accurate quote.

9. romac

romac Member

Try this link:Decoding Tesla Model S VINs It will help you understand just what a vin number means.

10. LonghornDub

LonghornDub Member

Order confirmed May 24, got my VIN today (7/20). Delivery estimate says late August (which is what it's said ever since I confirmed the order), but my DS called me about 2-3 weeks ago and said it would be the first week of September. I'm in the U.S.

11. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Would be nice if we in Australia had even a remote inkling of when we might see our cars. VIN confirmed on June 3rd. Absolutely nada since.

12. RWatson485

RWatson485 Member

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
    Vin 50550 issued 25 July, about 10 days after delivery was scheduled for 10 September on order confirmed 6 May. Cheers R