Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VINs from GIGA Texas Tracking. Who will be first?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would agree the likelihood of a June Austin MY is much much higher than a Jan or Feb Austin MY. :)

I’m hoping there is some semblance of Austin production factored in for all Model Ys (and has been for 6+ months). If not, it’s going to be crazy when they reshuffle and everyone from April onwards starts pulling forward and some November 2022 people end up with July EDDs. I just can’t imagine Tesla was that inefficient. They may ramp faster (or slower) and it may shift some EDDs, but to think they didn’t factor Austin production in at all for Oct or November LR delivery estimates would be insane.
Well, to be fair, my June looks to be a placeholder EDD, I am an Aug. order. Based on normal delivery patterns (is there such a thing?), I should be getting my MY Feb/March at the latest

Reactions: Sto88
1641835963606.png

Employee parking lot at Giga Austin this morning. Sure looks like employee MY have been handed out. Hope that means my car is not far behind. Oh and everyone else’s.

Not sure about hand out. I am sure at some level, they get company cars. Wouldn’t be surprised if employees got steep discounts on pre-production vehicles.

I am sure somebody in this forum has more information on how that actually works
Those are not Austin produced Model Ys. That is Joe posting a picture and making a comment to get clicks.

It’s a bunch of MY in Austin employees parking lot. Yes this is from Joe, but as he noted, it’s more than normal
I see some Ss and a bunch of 3s too! Guess Austin is producing those too?!? Correlation - causation blah blah. It’s not surprising Teslas #1 produced vehicle the past year is well represented in the parking lot. It does not mean Austin is producing dozens of vehicles and sneaking them out the back door and having employees drive them around. If they were there’d be NA VINs out there in Texas or all these cars would have special manufacturer plates. Bring evidence that is easy to get before we start these rumors up. But the reason the evidence isn’t produced is because it’s not real!

View attachment 754187
Employee parking lot at Giga Austin this morning.

Looks like level 2 charger lot. Nothing surprising here that a bunch of Telsa vehicles would be parked there...
That is what I noticed too, ICE in back, BEV up front!

Also see at least 5 (6?) non-Tesla in BEV lot, just cannot make out what they are, except for the BMW i3 in middle, and what I think is Bolt to upper left (and yes, I wonder if they are using adapters on Tesla plug)

I think the company perk is a free charge, and that is still a really good perk! Lifetime no-cost electricity!

Last edited: