Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joe -
thanks for the update...

I'm still successfully using .28.01 so will keep that for now, but good to know there is a potential upgrade path. I really hope Tesla starts allowing authorized access -- I've gotten used to having all my stats logged!

I haven't tried the new experimental app yet (as I understand as my 0.28.01 still works it's better to stick to it?), but one thing I noticed on my new MacBook Pro is that you probably don't have retina displays ;) The graphics all look a bit soft due to dpi scaling from their native resolution to the Retina resolution. Would be a nice addon when you get the time :)

One more interesting tidbit. When I charge using a CHAdeMO adapter it's showing the charger power as a negative value :)

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 15.48.31.png

Does anyone know if VisibleTesla can be properly run on a high DPI display on Windows 8.1 with the scaling level slider all the way to the right?

This is what I currently see on the Scheduler tab, but practically all the tabs have various unusable elements...

ckCLFu2.png

I tried setting javaw.exe to Compatibility mode for Windows XP and also tried "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" both to no avail...

A small point for the wishlist:
Make a connection from the scheduler to geofence, e.g. via a location field in the scheduler and a command field in the geofence settings. I would like VT to control my charging levels and start/stop based on time when I am at home, but not when I am away and parked for a long overnight slowcharge at a hotel far away, and especially not stop prematurely when I just paid a premium price for an hour of 22kW charge somewhere to get to my final destination. VisibleTesla is always running at home, and not easily reached when I am away.

Update to Java this morning has broken VT, redownload and reinstall did not work. Any ideas?

Had you created the shortcut, using the script, as per jpasqua's instructions here:

Please use the Make_Windows_Shortcut script when you install VisibleTesla for the first time on Windows. This is not new and is technically not required. However, using this approach insulates you from changes to Java that Windows might make on its own.