Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep locked out from 0.28.01 here as well now..

Ack, what to do to get my car warm in the mornings without remembering to do so now...

Joe, for us lazy ones, can you do a compile of the version of github, so we don't have to dilly-dally with compiling and building it ourselves?

Update: 28.01 now logs in again. Strangeness.

Last edited:
tried using WiFi connection

I'm still able to connect (had one period where it took several attempts) ....

Curious to know if anyone has made a conscious effort to try connecting while the car is on Wifi? Maybe bypassing ATT would help.

Yes, and just tried again a few minutes ago... it doesn't recognize my credentials, and errors on the login. I'm a late comer to this since I just got my car a few weeks ago. Have never been able to log in using this app.

I am a brand new Tesla owner - just got my car a couple of days ago. I can login from the iPhone app but VT fails, it sounds like that is a common occurrence these days. What versions should I be trying to use 0.29 or 0.28. Recent pages on this thread talk about 0.28 but on the Dropbox folder there is a 0.29 version that looks to be about three months old.

I am a brand new Tesla owner - just got my car a couple of days ago. I can login from the iPhone app but VT fails, it sounds like that is a common occurrence these days. What versions should I be trying to use 0.29 or 0.28. Recent pages on this thread talk about 0.28 but on the Dropbox folder there is a 0.29 version that looks to be about three months old.

Version .28 seems to be working for me.

For me, version .29 is partially working (logs in, location and charging info are correct), but the second and third tabs are inaccessible.

You are unlikely to be able to use any version of Visible Tesla. New owners seem to be on new servers without any access.

My account got locked because I'm stupid, so I had to change my password. I assumed I'd lost VisibleTesla access, but it turns out version 0.29.00 is still working for me. Somehow I was able to log back in without issue, and the vehicle info looks current. Lucked out, I think.

Andy,
I suspect that will stop working shortly when I get 6.1 on my car.....

Why would the car firmware version cause the API to stop working? It's talking to the Tesla servers, not the car directly. It appears that Tesla is throttling 3rd party access to their API servers. I'd assume that the cars are still in full contact with tesla servers, regardless of firmware version.

Why would the car firmware version cause the API to stop working? It's talking to the Tesla servers, not the car directly. It appears that Tesla is throttling 3rd party access to their API servers. I'd assume that the cars are still in full contact with tesla servers, regardless of firmware version.
There was an app update the same day 6.1 launched. Theoretically there could be something different. Changes on the car that required an API update, for example. I don't think we've seen anyone report that, though.

There was an app update the same day 6.1 launched. Theoretically there could be something different. Changes on the car that required an API update, for example. I don't think we've seen anyone report that, though.

Right, but unless TM developers are complete idiots (which I'm assuming they are not), they're not going to release something that breaks anything else not yet updated. The API and the mobile app have have to be backward compatible (and forward compatible in case of the mobile app, so older apps can still communicate with a theoretical new API). The new mobile app might have new features supported by new features in the car firmware and/or API, but an update to the car firmware would not affect the login problems or access throttling currently experienced by third party apps. They are completely independent nodes.

This is my first post on here, so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I purchased a Model S P85+ last July and have been using Visible Tesla on my PC with no problems. I recently traded up to a Model S P85D and the Visible Tesla program still sees my old VIN number and not my new VIN. I decided to delete the program from my PC, including the folder Visible Tesla under my documents. I then downloaded Visible Tesla again and reinstalled on the same PC. Now Visible Tesla won't let me log in. I tried installing it on another PC with the same login issue.

My question is how do I get Visible Tesla for my PC to work with my new Tesla Model S P85D? The Tesla ios app works just fine and lets me log in just fine.