Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visium Unboxing!

Do you want a Visium hardtop?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Visium hardtop on Friday. Today was unboxing and installation day. Here are a few photos with some descriptions.

here it is in the shipping box, which is made of thin plywood.
0DA5AE2A-F323-4BCA-883F-ECB4502F6BE3.jpeg

Here’s what’s included in the box. The hardtop, a small box including a cloth, polish, instructions, and a 5 mm Allen wrench.
6C41B29F-602D-4EDF-8D20-50BD7AFD0333.jpeg

The hardtop is packed in bubble wrap and under this protective plastic wrap.
59017FDD-D80D-4A8A-8C4E-74CF00BAC9FD.jpeg

The storage bag that’s included.
5C43114A-4B4F-4F02-AAAA-51678A4F6CB8.jpeg

Front pegs and bolts.
4A874EB8-FB6C-4EE3-BA04-3F7D766FDE0C.jpeg

Rear hooks (sorry for things being upside down)
29604971-C39D-4177-9C54-E09C2AEB8724.jpeg

this is a trim piece that conceals the rear hooks.
CB0701AF-97FA-45C8-88F3-CCDDBF8B0380.jpeg

here’s what it looks like installed.
323A03DF-F981-46C8-BDB8-586933381AD7.jpeg

And here’s the view skyward!!!!
CC405BCA-9EA0-43F1-A228-5BEFBA9ABBF5.jpeg

Congrats on your Visium! I have had one on my car for the last 2 months and it has been a great addition. A bit hot in the sun, especially after parking in the sun, but that’s a minor inconvenience.
One thing I did notice with mine is that the front bolts loosened a bit over time and steadily made the wind noise worse, and made the top creak and pop a bit while driving. A quick loosening of the allen bolts then retightening while pulling down on the leading edge of the top while seated in the car decreased both the creaking and wind noise significantly. FYI, I used my fingers to pull down on the top and thumb to push up on the silver bolt surround while tightening. I bet this is something that might be considered “periodic maintenance“ with the top.

One thing I did notice with mine is that the front bolts loosened a bit over time and steadily made the wind noise worse, and made the top creak and pop a bit while driving. A quick loosening of the allen bolts then retightening while pulling down on the leading edge of the top while seated in the car decreased both the creaking and wind noise significantly. FYI, I used my fingers to pull down on the top and thumb to push up on the silver bolt surround while tightening. I bet this is something that might be considered “periodic maintenance“ with the top.

Thanks, @Steve in SLO! Very helpful. I did notice that they suggested retightening the bolts ever couple hundred KM. No I understand why. As for the hotness, noticed that right away. But honestly, it reminds me of the glass roof in the 2015 Model S I previously owned. Top of my head frequently felt hot in that car as well. Time for a hat!

• Informative
Reactions: Steve in SLO
Looks good!

I got mine shortly after getting the car. I use it every winter; in the summer there's too much solar gain here, so the soft top goes back on (or off, as appropriate). I just did the switch last week.

I kept the wooden box to store the top in, when not on the car. It takes up a bunch of space in the garage, but keeps the top safe.

• Helpful
Reactions: IslandRoadster
I have ad a visium for a bit over two years now and there is just one minor challenge.
The gap between visium and windshield frame creates a turbilence. This makes a lot of noise. My quick fix was to use electrical tape and close the gap. If you do a nice job people will only notice upclose.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: drewski and ra88it
Wow this is cool. I love glass tops. Had no idea this was an option for roadster owners.

Edit: Looks like it's plastic! Cool!
You can also visit https://medlockandsons.com and purchase exterior carbon fiber accents for your car--such as spoiler, front lip, hood vanes, etc. I also highly recommend OVMS--it's an app that tells you the status of your car and more--also acts like a remote to. Since you live in Arizona I would just guy from Pete Gruber and have him install it. Visit Gruber's website to see what other things are available.

• Love
Reactions: asimo3089
You can also visit https://medlockandsons.com and purchase exterior carbon fiber accents for your car--such as spoiler, front lip, hood vanes, etc. I also highly recommend OVMS--it's an app that tells you the status of your car and more--also acts like a remote to. Since you live in Arizona I would just guy from Pete Gruber and have him install it. Visit Gruber's website to see what other things are available.
69C320EF-E147-4D0B-AC0E-03E9A448B4EB.png