Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

voice comands not good enough

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More voice commands would be nice. In the mean time, I find that assigning the right scroll wheel to fan speed is quite handy. I have tried a few different assignments and now leave it set for fan speed control. I really like it.

so when do you think we will get full control of are tesla with voice control
I mean I was in heavy traffic the other day and found it hard to hit the little fan button to slow it down.
it would have been nice to not have to take my eyes off the road to do that and just tell it to reduce fan 50% in fact I don't understand why we cant use the voice for all the controls I mean its 2015

I understand how it is difficult to open the submenu for the fan speed and keep concentration on the road, however it is rather easy to do this from the right steering wheel controls. My suggestion would be learn to use them if you have trouble working with the touch panel. As for voice commands a larger library would be much appreciated however with the amount of time it takes the the current commands to process I think I would just get pissed off about the lag for routine things like fan speed , temp , etc.

Agredd that voice commands needs more work. I got more use out of the Prius' voice command than the Tesla. Mostly, it was because I could tell it to call a person and then specify mobile/home/work. With Tesla, it can't do that without a touch-screen interaction.

I think as soon as you hold down the talk button, a dialog should appear on the main screen, and maybe the instrument panel showing you a list of the available commands and alternatives as well as examples.

While I could see the utility of such a list if Tesla expands the capability, it's hardly necessary at this point since the only options are Call/Dial, Drive/Navigate/Where Is, and Listen/Play.

Agredd that voice commands needs more work. I got more use out of the Prius' voice command than the Tesla. Mostly, it was because I could tell it to call a person and then specify mobile/home/work. With Tesla, it can't do that without a touch-screen interaction.
Tesla is a well engineered car but its software engineering division needs to be restaffed and retooled! There is absolutely no excuse. When I pay 100K, I expect 100K performance. Tesla supporters are blind to any criticism directed at Tesla. My Lincoln MKZ voice command was superb.
Let us face it-mediocre interior design and comfort, bad navigation, poor voice control, expensive service, very expensive parts and accessories, not so many charging stations, very high price but great acceleration and performance, style, quietness, roominess, frunk. I am not sure that the equation balances.

Tesla is a well engineered car but its software engineering division needs to be restaffed and retooled! There is absolutely no excuse. When I pay 100K, I expect 100K performance. Tesla supporters are blind to any criticism directed at Tesla. My Lincoln MKZ voice command was superb.
Let us face it-mediocre interior design and comfort, bad navigation, poor voice control, expensive service, very expensive parts and accessories, not so many charging stations, very high price but great acceleration and performance, style, quietness, roominess, frunk. I am not sure that the equation balances.
Well, since you asked, acceleration and performance, style, quietness, roominess, frunk, SuperChargers, interior design and comfort (I like the clean design and it's the most comfortable car I've ever had), superb service (and I haven't paid anything for service) all tilt the equation like an elephant sitting on the scales.
Yes, it is not perfect but it gets better every few weeks with software upgrades. I can wait for better navigation and voice commands. These are just software upgrades.