Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WA State EV Sales Tax Exemption Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On another note, I I sent a FOIA request to the DOR for the sales tax exemption ending to see what the DOR and DOL communicated. We'll see what I get there. Looks like I'll have my car well before the tax break ends, so someone else may need to take up the torch of trying to get it extended, for two reasons:

1) If I'm not harmed by the tax break ending earlier than it should, I have no legal standing to complain.
2) I'll stop caring once I have my car ;)

Anyone a lawyer or have a lawyer friend that might want to look at the statute and the FOIA stuff I get and see if we have any standing?

Got my VIN today.

Config : 4/10, Red, Aero

Take a look at this, with latest VINs. Clearly they are assigning VINs to WA customers who configured later than rest of the country. Not by a great deal - just a few days. Both Red & Blue, WA customers who configured on 4/10 are getting VINs - but 4/6 for other states.

Tesla Model 3 Invites - Latest VIN

Also, yesterday 48 VIN assignements were reported. Highest ever. Shows the production is back on track and all WA customers who have already configured will get VINs soon (this week ?).

I hope this means we all get our cars before May end.

Reactions: zmarty and UZJedi
Well, I know they seem to be prioritizing WA orders, but it would probably be tight. I configured April 15th, got my VIN on May 1st, and talked to my ISA today. She said May 15th delivery was possible if we moved quickly with getting financing finalized.

Well, I know they seem to be prioritizing WA orders, but it would probably be tight. I configured April 15th, got my VIN on May 1st, and talked to my ISA today. She said May 15th delivery was possible if we moved quickly with getting financing finalized.
So she specifically called out the financing piece as taking the longest? Does that mean the car is already in WA? I've seen people here mention that they get the financing wrapped up very quickly (and that's been my experience every time I've purchased a car).

Or is the 15th date the earliest because of delivery center backups?

So she specifically called out the financing piece as taking the longest? Does that mean the car is already in WA? I've seen people here mention that they get the financing wrapped up very quickly (and that's been my experience every time I've purchased a car).

Or is the 15th date the earliest because of delivery center backups?
I think it's mostly a delivery center thing. She just needed either a pre-approval letter from my credit union or an approved credit application through Tesla in order to file the paperwork and schedule delivery. Getting that first step done asap would get me delivery on the 15th.

Thanks. I ordered! Most expensive car ever bought by a factor of 4.
I specified cash payment.
What's an ISA? Should I call Tesla? :)

I'm in Seattle too. Moved here in Jan.
Inside Sales Advisor

You could call them, but it's unlikely to affect when your VIN gets assigned. I would just check your Tesla account everyday until the VIN shows up. Then you could call and see if you have an ISA assigned. Mine emailed me less than 24 hours after VIN assignment, but that doesn't seem typical. Hopefully it's special treatment for WA right now. Once you have the ISA, just move forward as quickly as you can. Good luck!

As of 3:30pm pacific time, not a single Washington VIN has been reported today. Meanwhile, even Canadians are getting in on the VIN-action. Does this mean the US tax credit limit is about to be exceeded?

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 3.24.10 PM.png

My hope of receiving the Washington state sales tax exception is almost extinguished, only a faint ember remains, :(

As of 3:30pm pacific time, not a single Washington VIN has been reported today. Meanwhile, even Canadians are getting in on the VIN-action. Does this mean the US tax credit limit is about to be exceeded?

View attachment 298589

My hope of receiving the Washington state sales tax exception is almost extinguished, only a faint ember remains, :(
If you already configured and submitted it, I think you have more than a faint hope.