Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waaaah! I don't have 8.0 yet!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't wait for 8.0! Love the interface...but since my car is new. I'm probably way down in the line.
Congrats on the new Tesla ! But you might be surprised, when mine was new I was getting all the updates the fastest.. for a while anyway.

Alas, I spoke with a friend who works at the local Tesla service department and he confirmed ...
With all respect to you and your friend, I've heard so many incorrect stories from the SC and store folks, some with my very own ears. Let's just say they are humans so they love to gossip, and the Mothership doesn't seem to feed into it so well ;)

I too tried to trigger a geofence upgrade, but only because I wasn't at home on the WiFi for a few days when 8 was being pushed and I feared I might have missed a chance but hoped the package was waiting for me.

This one is not a mass release. It is being doled out, for whatever reason(s) probably including legal. I have a growing feeling that NHTSA and/or other gov't agencies have their fingers in this, too.

Reactions: SharonB
Finally got it, did it over launch, the car said it updated succesfull after 20 inutes, so I went to do some errands but the screen was frozen as soon as I arrived, the dashboard went black and the firmware installation started leaving me stranded for 30 minutes.

Called tesla techical support and they told me the car was not installing 8.0 but the version before it with the security patch which I already had.

After that it booted up, and new firmware 8.0 showed up on screen.

Lesson learned leave the car alone at least one hour.

Yes, I know rollout of 8.0 could take a few weeks. And I know that in another month I won't care if I got 8.0 last Thursday morning or a week from Tuesday. But in the meantime I reserve the right to stomp my feel, hold my breath until I turn blue, and complain that others have gotten 8.0 before me.

So, if you haven't yet received 8.0, please have your tantrum in this thread. That way I won't feel so alone. (And we won't be filling the other threads with so much noise.)

You can have my 8.0. I've refused the install until the fix USB browsing o_O

Yes, I know rollout of 8.0 could take a few weeks. And I know that in another month I won't care if I got 8.0 last Thursday morning or a week from Tuesday. But in the meantime I reserve the right to stomp my feel, hold my breath until I turn blue, and complain that others have gotten 8.0 before me.

So, if you haven't yet received 8.0, please have your tantrum in this thread. That way I won't feel so alone. (And we won't be filling the other threads with so much noise.)

Don't feel so bad, I haven't had an update in 5 months! My MX won't update unless I take it to a Service Center :(

Ahhhh!! I have been chosen!!!! Thank You Easter Bunny!!!
Screenshot_20160926-190328.png

Last edited:
I love this thread, thank you OP for creating it. Cookie monsters, screen shots of "being chosen", I'm cracking up! Now someone teach me the 8.0 rain dance, I'm dying here! I'm still going to stop by the SC just to connect to the Wifi for a bit, it's my only hope.

I love this thread, thank you OP for creating it. Cookie monsters, screen shots of "being chosen", I'm cracking up! Now someone teach me the 8.0 rain dance, I'm dying here! I'm still going to stop by the SC just to connect to the Wifi for a bit, it's my only hope.
Whoop whoop! Just got mine this morning; finished installing about two minutes ago. Haven't even been out to the car yet.

It seems now to be a fairly broad rollout now - hopefully everyone is updated soon.

Wash your car, do your rain dance, do whatever it takes. May this thread come to an end soon!

Reactions: mach.89
Yeah, the corn is too high out here and keeps blocking the wifi signal being broadcast from the top of a grain silo. True story.
I worked for MCI in it's early days. A large customer had experienced some outages on their data network and were threatening to go back to ATT. We brought in a couple of top engineers to explain what happened and what we were doing to fix it. With a completely straight face the head engineer said that it was the corn in Iowa. I thought our customer was going to ring his neck. Turned out it really was the corn. There were heat waves coming up from corn fields that were distorting the microwave signals just enough to cause them to blink. Temp solution was re-routing them around Iowa, perm was one of our first fiber runs.

• Informative
Reactions: Lex and Btrflyl8e