Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen any new VIN announcements since prior to end of quarter. I keep checking back here in hopes of seeing/hearing of new VINs being assigned. I've heard of a few people getting deliveries booked in for the next couple of weeks but it seems like they all had their VINs assigned weeks ago and their cars have actually been in the country for weeks (maybe 12v issue or other damage that needed to be repaired?).
It's weird how quiet it seems to be on the new VIN front. The only thing I can think of is that I heard that they make the overseas cars in the first few weeks of the quarter, to allow for shipping/logistics/delivery within the same quarter. Maybe our cars missed the production run last quarter and they are only being manufactured now (or very soon). If that's the case its going to be a long wait!

This was posted on Twitter:

upload_2019-10-14_19-30-54.png

I've got nothing to complain about (yet) as I only placed my order on 19/9 - BUT - I am so sick of having to answer every call I get from unidentified numbers just in case its Tesla. There's not a phone scam I haven't heard, and I'm going broke from making donations. I feel a bit sorry for the scammers and telemarketers hearing the excitement drain out of my voice once I realise its not Tesla.

I've got nothing to complain about (yet) as I only placed my order on 19/9 - BUT - I am so sick of having to answer every call I get from unidentified numbers just in case its Tesla. There's not a phone scam I haven't heard, and I'm going broke from making donations. I feel a bit sorry for the scammers and telemarketers hearing the excitement drain out of my voice once I realise its not Tesla.
If you have an Android phone I would highly recommend that you install Google Dialer.
I use it to block suspicious spam calls and for ones that might slip through the cracks and seem unusual I use call screen.
Although they AI they are using to figure out spam/scams is incredibly good.

YJ3F7EB0KF4884xx. Is that ANL Tongala 30th September?
It looks like that VIN range was on the ANL Warrnambool which docked in Sydney on the 13th Sept. It may have also been on another ship but @Vedaprime spreadsheet lists that ship as the only confirmed one for that VIN range.
I wonder if this is one of the cars that has been redeployed from one person/location to another?

It looks like that VIN range was on the ANL Warrnambool which docked in Sydney on the 13th Sept. It may have also been on another ship but @Vedaprime spreadsheet lists that ship as the only confirmed one for that VIN range.
I wonder if this is one of the cars that has been redeployed from one person/location to another?
He has that VIN range on Tongala also, but unconfirmed.
I hope it was on the later ship, because it may have been manufactured >1/9/19 and so may have external speakers. I like the possibility of Coconuts and farts directed to loiterers.