Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my *walk* home (sold car back in August) I stopped in Fortitude Valley to speak directly to a human. I was Greeted with a smile by Morris. He seems to be one of the good ones. He wasn't able to offer any more information and confirmed the delivery team have no more information either. Being the good customer focused person he empathised with my situation and... Damn him.. booked me in for a test drive of P3+ tomorrow to make me try and forget the 3 month wait! I walked out happy. I think!

I just can't accept the fact that no one knows where our cars are. They aren't miraculously conceived nor do they appear out of thin air, there's a significant logistical and production schedule which is followed. Obviously Tesla know the outstanding orders, they know the order in which these are to be delivered, they know the stock they already have in country and whats in transit - it's not too much of a stretch to combine these data points to create a forecast. With this forecast they could provide their customers with a more detailed estimate.

They are just treating us like mugs.

@jason66 I sold my car in August as well.

I just can't accept the fact that no one knows where our cars are. They aren't miraculously conceived nor do they appear out of thin air, there's a significant logistical and production schedule which is followed. Obviously Tesla know the outstanding orders, they know the order in which these are to be delivered, they know the stock they already have in country and whats in transit - it's not too much of a stretch to combine these data points to create a forecast. With this forecast they could provide their customers with a more detailed estimate.

Totally agree with this. It doesn't seem too farfetched to put together a system that could achieve this.

So I read this as one or more of:
  • More 12v battery issues
  • The last batch of cars got damaged in transit
  • Not enough staff (burned out / quit / EoQ temps finished)
My concern was that the car had an issue. (I accept that they would be putting it right but I feel that they should be upfront if the car had a problem). I was assured that it didn’t and I have learned that someone else had precisely the same pushback (30/9 to 21/10).

I am suspecting it is the last of those 3 options.

If I drive away the car on the 21st I will be delighted as, at time of ordering, this was my absolute best case scenario. I feel for those on this thread who reserved and ordered early and still haven’t heard anything.

I had the link from my Manage button on the home page change to product-finalize today after I withdrew my car from being used as a trade in (was sitting in pending with "a valuation advisor will contact you within 24 hours" for several weeks). Not sure if that means that things are moving, it does make it easier to check for the (non-existent) VIN in the source though.

@jason66 I sold my car in August as well.

Well said!

Reactions: MonicaPlease
I had the link from my Manage button on the home page change to product-finalize today after I withdrew my car from being used as a trade in (was sitting in pending with "a valuation advisor will contact you within 24 hours" for several weeks). Not sure if that means that things are moving, it does make it easier to check for the (non-existent) VIN in the source though.

That's odd. When I ordered I put my existing car up for a trade-in, and a valuation came back next day, but they offered 20% less than market value so I declined. Unless you're willing to pay for the convenience, a private sale will net you a lot more money.

• Informative
Reactions: CpuID
That's odd. When I ordered I put my existing car up for a trade-in, and a valuation came back next day, but they offered 20% less than market value so I declined. Unless you're willing to pay for the convenience, a private sale will net you a lot more money.

Yeah the car had a value which came back quickly but it was Pending with the valuation advisor message. Like you, what Tesla offered was about 20% less than what I get for it privately. I've had offers very close to where I'd like it to be but happy to hold out considering I don't know when the car will be here.

Reactions: HighlyCharged
It would be the algorithm that is treating you like a mug.
The cars are not made to order, rather just mass produced and matched to orders.
The problem with not being in the country of manufacture and being RHD, batches are made and shipped with the algorithm determining what is likely to be needed based on prior orders locally and the general order style percentages.
A priority was put on the early orders from early reservers, however when the orders began to change for whatever reason after the algorithm calculations were done, the algorithm got to work to redistribute with no regard to the original priority.
As no human was involved, no one knew what was free to allocate or otherwise.
Those without cars now are so because there is none available to match. As more boats arrive with cars, no doubt all will be matched as available. Staff would still have no idea. No point shooting the messenger.

Reactions: RED DRAGON 78
Just to confirm not all stock has been delivered. I received my invoice on 20 Sep for 30 Sep delivery. After I had paid it was informed delivery put back to 21 October due to logistics issues. Midnight Silver SR+.

I have a feeling you were allocated our car... :) wish I copied down the VIN before it was revoked. Brisbane, Midnight Silver SR+, rescheduled approx 20th-21st Sep.

...they aren't miraculously conceived nor do they appear out of thin air, there's a significant logistical and production schedule which is followed....
@Kilak You should be ashamed of yourself for destroying my faith ... and that of others ... in the miraculous conception of the Model 3.
Despite your comments I still cling to my belief that one day in the not too distant future and hopefully before Christmas my LR AWD is going to appear out of thin air onto the streets of Canberra; immaculate and miraculous. Any suggestion that logistics or production could be the true explanation of its arrival would simply belittle the mystery and majesty surrounding its incarnation.
You must understand that without such faith such waiting becomes unbearable.

• Funny
Reactions: TASKA9