Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seriously think that Tesla crashed our cars and are trying to cover it up. Do you have more info about this?
No sorry, they didn't give any more details.

It's possible they were damaged in transit, but it's also possible they're using that as an excuse for the delay.

Unfortunately we have no way of telling, we just have to take their word for it.

Congrats to everyone who is getting calls. Most awesome news.
I'm still in the land of zero contact but trying to be patient.
I hope they give me more than a couple of days notice from first call to delivery - need to fill out paperwork, get the custom plates to Richmond, settle the money stuff, and jump through any other hoops required.

Congrats to everyone who is getting calls. Most awesome news.
I'm still in the land of zero contact but trying to be patient.
I hope they give me more than a couple of days notice from first call to delivery - need to fill out paperwork, get the custom plates to Richmond, settle the money stuff, and jump through any other hoops required.
Anything could happen, but most likely for Richmond, you will get a call just before invoice generation and then a few weeks to the delivery call. When did you order?

Ordered: 17 October. Hidden VIN: 6 Nov. Car was on ANL Tongala according to the infallible oracle, @Vedaprime.

Wonder if it's worth reaching out with a polite query?

Tongala calls should pick up next 3 days into early next week. Still a bit early says the shiny oracle.

If you don’t have an invoice for a car on Tongala, I think a message to Melbourne delivery is ok. My car is on Tongala, but I was invoiced back on 26 November (and I got my hidden VIN exactly like you on 6 Nov - although I ordered May 31st!). We have been in contact with Tesla quite a bit since invoice generation - finalising financing with Macquarie, dropped off my custom plates to Richmond, a few emails clarifying details, etc.

I know some on this forum have been invoiced and a delivery date all in one go, so no need to worry, but can’t hurt to clarify.

Last edited:
Tongala calls should pick up next 3 days into early next week. Still a bit early says the shiny oracle.

With my Psychic abilities I can read between the lines... "Patience, grasshopper."

I am trying to be calm and patient. But, at the same time, I am a bundle of excitement and energy with no outlet. In other words...

Ohmmmmmmm. ARRRGGGHHHH!!!. Ohmmmmmmmmmm. ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! (repeat until phone call from Tesla)

If you don’t have an invoice for a car on Tongala, I think a message to Melbourne delivery is ok. My car is on Tongala, but I was invoiced back on 26 November (and I got my hidden VIN exactly like you on 6 Nov - although I ordered May 31st!). We have been in contact with Tesla quite a bit since invoice generation - finalising financing with Macquarie, dropped off my custom plates to Richmond, a few emails clarifying details, etc.

I know some on this forum have been invoiced and a delivery date all in one go, so no need to worry, but can’t hurt to clarify.

Polite email sent. Waiting is....

Does anyone else think they need to admit they have a problem when they have watched so many YouTube videos on the Model 3, including all the I just picked up my Tesla today ones that YouTube is starting to recommend ones from other languages as you have seen all the English ones? Just asking for a friend...

All those cold weather tests in the snow are very important to watch when you are in Queensland ;).

Does anyone else think they need to admit they have a problem when they have watched so many YouTube videos on the Model 3, including all the I just picked up my Tesla today ones that YouTube is starting to recommend ones from other languages as you have seen all the English ones? Just asking for a friend...

I have sadly progressed. I was doing that back in April, then the UK videos hit, then the AU videos hit, cycled back through past initial wave videos in different languages for Norway, then the Netherlands, China next. Then it was any video about the model 3 - watched some dude in Vegas explain how to wash the car (I mean he had nothing of any insight, but it was a Model 3). I had all this covered by July. I know more about the excruciatingly detailed plumbing of the aircon on a Model 3 than any person including the engineer that designed it should know. Moved on to obsessive ship tracking, container and dock logistics (watched a 20+ minute video showing how they load and unload 4 cars into a container). But wait there’s more, Autonexus videos, trucking logistics, accessories upon crap accessories. Now the dig your Model 3 out of the snow videos! And throughout the whole thing a smattering of drag races against every vehicle imaginable. So I’d say your “friend” has a problem. But there is a know cure that is 100% effective - a delivery date. I hope to get mine soon!

Last edited:
I have sadly progressed. I was doing that back in April, then the UK videos hit, then the AU videos hit, cycled back through past initial wave videos in different languages for Norway, then the Netherlands, China next. Then it was any video about the model 3 - watched some dude in Vegas explain how to wash the car (I mean he had nothing of any insight, but it was a Model 3). I had all this covered by July. I know more about the excruciatingly detailed plumbing of the aircon on a Model 3 than any person including the engineer that designed it should know. Moved on to obsessive ship tracking, container and dock logistics (watched a 20+ minute video showing how they load and unload 4 cars into a container). But wait there’s more, Autonexus videos, trucking logistics, accessories upon crap accessories. Now the dig your Model 3 out of the snow videos! And throughout the whole thing a smattering of drag races against every vehicle imaginable. So I’d say your “friend” has a problem. But there is a know cure that is 100% effective - a delivery date. I hope to get mine soon!
Wait, what.. there are Autonexus videos! Gee I wonder what I, urrrm I mean my friend will now be looking up tomorrow night.