Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may have found a way to push the V10 update.. Or it may have just been a coincidence :rolleyes:

I made a service booking via the Tesla app and one of the items I ticked was the software update.

Shortly afterwards I got in my car and saw the 'download' icon on the top of the screen.

However, although I now have the update available I don't have a strong enough wifi signal in my garage and the download hasn't progressed. I tried connecting to my 4G and the download hasn't progressed either.

I have no wifi where my car is. I go for a drive and hotspot off my phone for a download.

I turn on the phone hotspot, Once you put the car in drive, you need to turn wifi on manually and once in good data area, connect to the phone hotspot when the phone has a 4g connection.

• Informative
Reactions: straw_man
I’m at 757, I’ll add another 400 today.

The car has already had its first bath, I rocked into Coffs supercharger only to notice the car was looking a little unkept, so a quick dash into BigW and then to the closest car wash - like new.
I live on a short dirt road, made extremely dusty by recent dry weather. My car is completely covered in a fine layer of dust every time I drive the 300m from the main road to my driveway. At least I now have my mudflaps fitted, although this required the purchase of a low-profile floor jack, and the use of a hockey puck to jack up the car without damage. I now have 4 floor jacks!

Interestingly, I noticed that the inner guards were not very well fitted on the car. The rear driver's side was in front of the metal, for example. Much nicer now though.

I live on a short dirt road, made extremely dusty by recent dry weather. My car is completely covered in a fine layer of dust every time I drive the 300m from the main road to my driveway. At least I now have my mudflaps fitted, although this required the purchase of a low-profile floor jack, and the use of a hockey puck to jack up the car without damage. I now have 4 floor jacks!

Interestingly, I noticed that the inner guards were not very well fitted on the car. The rear driver's side was in front of the metal, for example. Much nicer now though.

What was stopping the installation of the mudflaps without having the car jacked up? I've ordered the mudflaps but don't have the jack or the hockey pucks.

What was stopping the installation of the mudflaps without having the car jacked up? I've ordered the mudflaps but don't have the jack or the hockey pucks.
The bottoms of the front flaps are secured by two long plastic rivets which replace the factory short rivets which secure the inner guard. The tops of the flaps are partially secured by a built in plastic clip, but this is not good enough. The idea is that you drill a small pilot hole in the inner guard where the top hole is and then screw in one of the included screws. This makes the flaps far more secure. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this without taking the wheel off, maybe if you have a very low profile right angle adapter?

Wheels come off pretty easily, little hook through the hole in the nut cover to pull it off, then a 21mm socket. Nuts are open top and very light.

If you are in Melbourne, then come over to my place and I will give you a hand. Otherwise, there is bound to be someone in any city with the gear to help.

If you want to buy a low profile trolley jack, I bought a 3000kg unit from Supercheap for $215 (club price). It is very nice. I bought a bunch of hockey pucks from AliExpress. You can have one if you like since really I only need one. You can also get pucks which has a big nipple thing that goes into the hole in the chassis where the jack point is. I might get one since it can be a bit of a pain locating the puck correctly.

The bottoms of the front flaps are secured by two long plastic rivets which replace the factory short rivets which secure the inner guard. The tops of the flaps are partially secured by a built in plastic clip, but this is not good enough. The idea is that you drill a small pilot hole in the inner guard where the top hole is and then screw in one of the included screws. This makes the flaps far more secure. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this without taking the wheel off, maybe if you have a very low profile right angle adapter?

Wheels come off pretty easily, little hook through the hole in the nut cover to pull it off, then a 21mm socket. Nuts are open top and very light.

If you are in Melbourne, then come over to my place and I will give you a hand. Otherwise, there is bound to be someone in any city with the gear to help.

If you want to buy a low profile trolley jack, I bought a 3000kg unit from Supercheap for $215 (club price). It is very nice. I bought a bunch of hockey pucks from AliExpress. You can have one if you like since really I only need one. You can also get pucks which has a big nipple thing that goes into the hole in the chassis where the jack point is. I might get one since it can be a bit of a pain locating the puck correctly.

Thanks for the offer, yep I'm in Melbourne. I'll see how I go with it. I do have a right angle attachment for a drill so I'll see how I go.

But hooking up for a drive might be fun

I’ll see how I go once I try to install my mudflaps, but if drilling a hole is not possible without taking the wheel off, then I’ll probably just use a dab of Sikaflex to anchor the top part of the flap. Sikaflex is incredible stuff. There is one kind of plastic it won’t stick to (the plastic used in the cartridge nozzle!) so hopefully the plastic in the mudflaps is different :p

I’ll see how I go once I try to install my mudflaps, but if drilling a hole is not possible without taking the wheel off, then I’ll probably just use a dab of Sikaflex to anchor the top part of the flap. Sikaflex is incredible stuff. There is one kind of plastic it won’t stick to (the plastic used in the cartridge nozzle!) so hopefully the plastic in the mudflaps is different :p

I was easily able to drill the hole just by turning the wheels to full right and then full left lock. Lucky it only needs the hole for the fronts!

• Helpful
Reactions: Vostok
I was easily able to drill the hole just by turning the wheels to full right and then full left lock. Lucky it only needs the hole for the fronts!
LOL, I did not think of that. I guess I wanted to take the wheels off anyway so lateral thinking was suppressed :)

@Vostok, I might use the sikaflex idea for the top of the rear flap to get it to move around a bit less. The less movement, the less likely it is to damage the paint. Then again, I could just use screws in the back as well, although the rear inner guards are some sort of fibrous material that might not take a screw.

Wailing has been quieting down, of late. Me, No invoice, no update to email stating expect DEC16-31st delivery. Would seem unlikely for me, with public holidays, based on everyone else’s stated lead time of invoice/ delivery notice(weeks / 5-10 days). Wonder when I will get my new estimated delivery window, my fifth? Wonder when they let you know if your car has issues?