Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes! That's exactly why I caved and ordered on 5/1. Feels like they're going to raise prices on the Y. If it was all part of Tesla's master plan, I absolutely fell for it.
We just happened to get lucky when we ordered ours! We kept holding off for over a year. We even quit looking at the site to check the price. Then we had to make a trip to Dallas the first of April. I told my wife we should go drive one and see what it was like. We contacted the SC’s in the area and they didn’t have one to demo. So without hesitation I told my wife that I would find a well used one sitting on a lot so we could see what the car was like after some wear and tear. We happened to find one with 50k miles sitting on a lot about 3 miles from our hotel. We both drove it briefly. We went to eat dinner and discuss our thoughts about it. We ordered the car while sitting at the table (Cheesecake Factory)!!! I loaded the Tesla page and it was 14k less than the last time I remembered looking. 😱 Of course every other vehicle we were considering has gone up 20-30k. So for us we were glad we waited a year. Then while on order the 2 quick price drops happened….so we did full PPF. Also bought some more Tesla shares with the savings. 👍

I know I could care less what happens with the prices now that we purchased. If they go down in price from here, I know I bought at the time they were the cheapest they had ever been. I do feel bad for those that bought last year but that is a risk when making any large purchase.

Reactions: CyberCruiser
Nah, you just have to rigorously hit that refresh button on the app every hour or so lol.

My OD was April 7th and I ordered the mobile charger on April 14th around noon and a few hours later VIN was assigned. I don't know if that's co-incidence or what.

It takes about 4-5 working days. I think mine was delivered around 20th or 21st.
You pick up your car tomorrow, right? 🍿

We decided to do full PPF…all painted surfaces. Ceramic tint on all the windows…figured Tesla saved us some money on the purchase discounts..🤣 might as well full PPF. We live in a dusty climate so it is more peace of mind knowing we did the best we could to protect the paint. We plan to drive it and enjoy it and know it’s not perfect but we want to keep it as nice as we can, for as long as we can!
If it’s ok with you ,can you please share the shop details, price per service, etc.

Guess I’ll post this here. Summing up my ride so far. First Tesla buying experience. Love the no haggle pricing, not a fan of trade in offer but I’m in a state where you get a tax credit so it was a wash and easier than dealing with the private sale or a Carvana thing. I found myself constantly opening the Tesla app to see if there were any updates, so no alerts to those that asked if you get any. Tesla Service Advisor or whatever the staff are that you text are not timely. Seems they are quick to send a text when you need to do something, but a 24-hour turnaround time for any questions I had. But when you call their customer service, text or however you interact, I have yet to have a bad experience. They’re friendly and very helpful (when you have their ear). I ordered a MYP on 4/6 while on vacation so couldn’t immediately enter my trade info because it required photos of car. But next day the price dropped $2K and I actually had to call and get the new price reflected in my purchase, but no VIN so no urgency on the price correction yet they quickly updated it in the app while I was on the phone with them. A week or so later and there was a larger $3K reduction. Just before that price cut I went through a tedious process to become an American Consumer Council member so I could join the United States Senate Federal Credit Union (USSFCU) and get a 72 month 4.24% zero down loan. A couple days ago the price went up $250 but it didn’t change my price (sweet!). Then yesterday (5/3) I got my VIN and that’s when things went 0-100 in no time. I had to scramble because they gave me two delivery options; 5/5 or 5/6. I chose 5/6 because I needed to get the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) from Tesla to send to USSFCU so they can finalize the loan, cut a check and overnight it across the country (VA to WA). Being on the West Coast and having to hurry up and wait for Tesla customer service to open at 9am PST to correct the incorrect MVPA today so I could get it over to the credit union before noon (3pm their time) to allow time to get the check to FedEx to get it on Friday (no delivery on Saturday when I am taking delivery). Down to the wire, got it done and tracking the check (in flight).

And now you’re caught up. Just got a few accessories delivered today and more tomorrow (floor mats, mud guards, screen protector, console organizer, blackout emblem covers, ceramic interior stuff, upgrade flood lights and other things).

Next step, the delivery checklist and hoping it’s great quality and no whammies.

Guess I’ll post this here. Summing up my ride so far. First Tesla buying experience. Love the no haggle pricing, not a fan of trade in offer but I’m in a state where you get a tax credit so it was a wash and easier than dealing with the private sale or a Carvana thing. I found myself constantly opening the Tesla app to see if there were any updates, so no alerts to those that asked if you get any. Tesla Service Advisor or whatever the staff are that you text are not timely. Seems they are quick to send a text when you need to do something, but a 24-hour turnaround time for any questions I had. But when you call their customer service, text or however you interact, I have yet to have a bad experience. They’re friendly and very helpful (when you have their ear). I ordered a MYP on 4/6 while on vacation so couldn’t immediately enter my trade info because it required photos of car. But next day the price dropped $2K and I actually had to call and get the new price reflected in my purchase, but no VIN so no urgency on the price correction yet they quickly updated it in the app while I was on the phone with them. A week or so later and there was a larger $3K reduction. Just before that price cut I went through a tedious process to become an American Consumer Council member so I could join the United States Senate Federal Credit Union (USSFCU) and get a 72 month 4.24% zero down loan. A couple days ago the price went up $250 but it didn’t change my price (sweet!). Then yesterday (5/3) I got my VIN and that’s when things went 0-100 in no time. I had to scramble because they gave me two delivery options; 5/5 or 5/6. I chose 5/6 because I needed to get the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) from Tesla to send to USSFCU so they can finalize the loan, cut a check and overnight it across the country (VA to WA). Being on the West Coast and having to hurry up and wait for Tesla customer service to open at 9am PST to correct the incorrect MVPA today so I could get it over to the credit union before noon (3pm their time) to allow time to get the check to FedEx to get it on Friday (no delivery on Saturday when I am taking delivery). Down to the wire, got it done and tracking the check (in flight).

And now you’re caught up. Just got a few accessories delivered today and more tomorrow (floor mats, mud guards, screen protector, console organizer, blackout emblem covers, ceramic interior stuff, upgrade flood lights and other things).

Next step, the delivery checklist and hoping it’s great quality and no whammies.
We did the same thing, ordered most all the accessories before we got the car…🤣 good thing most of the items are fairly inexpensive! Hope delivery days well! Pics? This forum likes pics from delivery days as well! 👍🍿

That's awesome ! I ordered my accessories and got them delivered last week. Looks like we both are picking up our Teslas tomorrow. Congratulations :)

Reactions: OlyY
Weird, just received an email and text saying my VIN has been assigned. My delivery date is tomorrow and I get this text/email now ? Just to make sure I looked at my VIN and it's still the same. I guess it's just required communications that have to be sent before the delivery. I replied back to the 508 number asking if that was random system generated text/email, and I'm waiting for their response

Reactions: carcrazyguy
Weird, just received an email and text saying my VIN has been assigned. My delivery date is tomorrow and I get this text/email now ? Just to make sure I looked at my VIN and it's still the same. I guess it's just required communications that have to be sent before the delivery. I replied back to the 508 number asking if that was random system generated text/email, and I'm waiting for their response

Also got this text and email, with delivery scheduled in 2 hours. Must be a glitch in the system? I haven’t heard of anyone ever getting a notification of a VIN assignment (at least from what I’ve seen on the forums).

Also got this text and email, with delivery scheduled in 2 hours. Must be a glitch in the system? I haven’t heard of anyone ever getting a notification of a VIN assignment (at least from what I’ve seen on the forums).
I also just got this text / email. despite having my VIN in the app for nearly a week. My EDD is still May 14 - 21 and I am still unable to submit final payment / Schedule Delivery Date / Review Agreements.

I also just got this text / email. despite having my VIN in the app for nearly a week. My EDD is still May 14 - 21 and I am still unable to submit final payment / Schedule Delivery Date / Review Agreements.
If it's a third party loan payment and if the check is received by Tesla then they will cash that check after you take delivery and Review Agreements will be available 24 hours before your delivery. Right now on the app Review Agreements is greyed out but since my delivery is tomorrow at 11, I guess 11 am today I will be able to view that section.

I got the same text (and got an email) with delivery already scheduled.

If it's a third party loan payment and if the check is received by Tesla then they will cash that check after you take delivery and Review Agreements will be available 24 hours before your delivery. Right now on the app Review Agreements is greyed out but since my delivery is tomorrow at 11, I guess 11 am today I will be able to view that section.
I'm financing, but plan on submitting my down payment via ACH.

Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Avi_FL
I did get a text and email notifying me that I was assigned a VIN, but I had already knew that from incessantly checking the app and those notifications came the next day after I had already scheduled my delivery. So yes, seems weird that it tells you it’s time to schedule your delivery when I already did and likely a disconnect in their notification and app systems?