Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A very interesting short message from the 510 number:

"Hi xxx, as a resident of Michigan, your vehicle must be paid in full before it is permitted to enter the state. Please complete payment now to avoid delays to your delivery.

Reply to this message if you need assistance."

I am paying in cash and will have the money ready by tomorrow but still it feels very early to pay at this stage.
I did not even have a chance to select a delivery date.
Not complaining as I am still lucky finding a matching inventory vehicle but thought I can go with the "normal" buying process.
Might be something that other Michiganders might find useful.

A very interesting short message from the 510 number:

"Hi xxx, as a resident of Michigan, your vehicle must be paid in full before it is permitted to enter the state. Please complete payment now to avoid delays to your delivery.

Reply to this message if you need assistance."

I am paying in cash and will have the money ready by tomorrow but still it feels very early to pay at this stage.
I did not even have a chance to select a delivery date.
Not complaining as I am still lucky finding a matching inventory vehicle but thought I can go with the "normal" buying process.
Might be something that other Michiganders might find useful.
You and other Michiganders should be complaining to your state legislature representative to repeal the laws that prop up legacy dealerships preventing direct sales and servicing

Reactions: Chrisyn
Woke up to a nice text this morning! Got a VIN for one of my cars! Looks like it is coming all the way to south Florida from Freemont.

#1 MYLR Silver/White, 5 seat, 19”, Tow, EAP
OD 4/23
EDD1 May-Jun
EDD2 May 17 - Jun 14
EDD3 Jun 3 - Jun 30
No VIN

#2 MYLR Black/Black, 5 seat, 19”, Tow, EAP
OD 4/23
EDD1 May-Jun
EDD2 May 26 - Jun 30
EDD3 Jun 2 - Jun 30
EDD4 Jun 5 - Jun 12
VIN 5/22

Woke up to a nice text this morning! Got a VIN for one of my cars! Looks like it is coming all the way to south Florida from Freemont.

#1 MYLR Silver/White, 5 seat, 19”, Tow, EAP
OD 4/23
EDD1 May-Jun
EDD2 May 17 - Jun 14
EDD3 Jun 3 - Jun 30
No VIN

OD 4/23
EDD1 May-Jun
EDD2 May 26 - Jun 30
EDD3 Jun 2 - Jun 30
EDD4 Jun 5 - Jun 12
VIN 5/22
Dang, congrats! Was hoping it was your silver/white one, would give me hope for mine. Good luck!

Reactions: tjr0806

OD 4/23
EDD1 May-Jun
EDD2 May 26 - Jun 30
EDD3 Jun 2 - Jun 30
EDD4 Jun 5 - Jun 12
VIN 5/22
This is very close to my config except that I did not choose EAP, only standard auto-pilot. And my order date was 4/22, hoping to get a VIN soon! I'm in New Hampshire and expect to be picking it up in Paramus, NJ so I'm sure there's some transport logistics complicating this too.

Reactions: tjr0806 and pkmody
Found this on waiting for Tesla. It's my car, in Jacksonville (my dealership), but 7 seats and tow hitch. Just not sure I want the extra seats.

WaitingForTesla.com - Vehicle Details
Any thoughts from folks out here with the 7 seat model. Am I giving up anything? Do the second row seats now operate differently? Same leg room in the second row on 5 seat vs 7 seat? From what I've read, you don't really give up anything for the third row.