Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see the website now reflects the Silver color is free and the White is an additional $1000. Interesting, maybe Tesla wants a bit more color diversity instead of all the white ones on the road!
For most of 2022, both white and silver were "free" colours. I'd love to know why Tesla changes these options from time to time. When M3 first came out black was the free color and now black is the second most expensive color option.

I pulled the trigger... i been dragging my feet for a week. Worst case scenario i get cold feet and i lose $250

MYLR
Deep Blue Metallic
5 Seat - black interior

19 " Gemini wheels
OD: July 5th
ODD: July- August
EDD: None
VIN: None

waiting on my f250 tradein quote, got some 54k offers from dealers on KBB . i know when you go in , they will try and _ew you down. I paid 75k. My invoice was 65k plus tax for the truck. SO 54k i guess is in the ballpark. hopefully they come in similar and i can save the damn sales tax

Reactions: King David

waiting on my f250 tradein quote, got some 54k offers from dealers on KBB . i know when you go in , they will try and _ew you down. I paid 75k. My invoice was 65k plus tax for the truck. SO 54k i guess is in the ballpark. hopefully they come in similar and i can save the damn sales tax
I just went through this same thing with our CX-5. Tesla's trade estimate was between $26-$29K. My highest online offer was with KBB $26.5, followed closely by Vroom $26.1. As soon as I received my VIN, they made an offer below $24K. I had it removed from the deal after speaking with a Tesla rep and sold it through a KBB dealer in my area. I got exactly what I was offered online.

I will bet Tesla lowballs it once finalized. You do have more sales tax credit at play, so hopefully they get it close enough to make it worth your while.

Reactions: Alonzo and willwllx
I just went through this same thing with our CX-5. Tesla's trade estimate was between $26-$29K. My highest online offer was with KBB $26.5, followed closely by Vroom $26.1. As soon as I received my VIN, they made an offer below $24K. I had it removed from the deal after speaking with a Tesla rep and sold it through a KBB dealer in my area. I got exactly what I was offered online.

I will bet Tesla lowballs it once finalized. You do have more sales tax credit at play, so hopefully they get it close enough to make it worth your while.
I am not gonna get shafted on the truck. The truck is perfect still. It's only miles were long highway road trip miles. So it's not even towed anything. Of course, you're not going to get what you paid for it. I think after taxes i paid 70k or so. I'd have to look it up. I would prefer something closer to 60k than 50k for it. So if they come in around the KBB of 54ish id be ok with that. I think... Losing 17k in taxes/fees burns though. Price of buying new i guess

Same happened to me. I had an initial range of 31k to 35k. Put the details in and got back 34k As what Tesla was going to offer. As of this morning I got an offer for 25,700. Gutted.

Grr. Looks like I am not becoming fully part of the family here.

Initially my trade in was estimated at 34,400, however this morning the offer came in at 25,700.

There is no way I can do that. It really got my hopes up.
Try CarMax or you local car dealerships. Sometimes the local car dealerships will purchase your vehicle from you. Selling you car in a private sell is also an option. You’ll miss out on tax savings not trading it in, but in a private sell on platforms like Autotraders Private Sell Exchange you could garner thousands more.

You’ll get soon don’t give up!!!

Reactions: King David