Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird, I was told since they have no idea when a VIN will be assigned that they can't make firm offers. They claimed it was due the very fluid used car market. When did you order?
I think their offers are valid for 30 days....so if you don't get a delivery date within 30 days then you have to resubmit. But if within 30 days I think the quote is valid.

Reactions: King David
New member here, wish I’d found this forum before ordering, may have saved a lot of headache.

MYLR
MSM
7 Seat - Black
Tow
OD: June 27th
ODD: July
EDD1: July 1-11 Notified of delivery June 30, couldn’t accept
EDD2: July 23- Aug 20
VIN: None

Right after ordering, got a VIN. I didn’t understand the ridiculous end of quarter pushes they do, and they notified me at 7:06am on June 30th that I had to pick up the car that same day or lose it. I hadnt even finished all my app tasks since I was expecting delivery in July, was doing 3rd party financing and the check was due to be delivered next day. Anyway, not to get into it but was forced to let go of the VIN and get back in the queue. Still waiting for a new VIN. Worried my financing will become problematic if this draws on. Frustrated they rushed my first VIN without communicating with me otherwise I wouldn’t be in this situation. Sigh. Some day I may have a Tesla Y…

Reactions: fsb1
It is the final offer................................HOWEVER, I have read on TMC where some buyers protested, challenged, complained and provided comparisons to KBB, Carmax, Carvana, etc. and Tesla actually matched those offers. YMMV
This is crazy. When I called and talked to them a couple weeks ago, just after receiving my lowball trade offer, they said it was not negotiable. The offer was over $2k less than their initial low estimate ($26-$29k). I had offers from Vroom and KBB that were for ~$26,500, and they told me to just sell it to one of them as there was nothing they could do, except remove the trade from the deal. They removed it and I sold it to a KBB dealer and that was that.

What I will say, is that their offer was pretty close to what Carvana was offering. I wonder if they just use them to move the trades out. They do not resell them. Maybe someone who traded in can run their old VIN and see where it ended up.

This is crazy. When I called and talked to them a couple weeks ago, just after receiving my lowball trade offer, they said it was not negotiable. The offer was over $2k less than their initial low estimate ($26-$29k). I had offers from Vroom and KBB that were for ~$26,500, and they told me to just sell it to one of them as there was nothing they could do, except remove the trade from the deal. They removed it and I sold it to a KBB dealer and that was that.

What I will say, is that their offer was pretty close to what Carvana was offering. I wonder if they just use them to move the trades out. They do not resell them. Maybe someone who traded in can run their old VIN and see where it ended up.
I've heard that they sell them all through Carvana. I've also read where they run them through the nearest auction house. I doubt that they hang onto any of them more than a few days, except for the used Teslas which they may resale themselves.

MYLR
Midnight Silver Metallic
5 Seat - Black
Tow
OD: July 10th
ODD: July-Aug
EDD: None

Eagerly awaiting my trade in offer to see if I need to move on some of the others I have gotten online.
Well they flashed a MYP at me with the exact same specs as mine and a 2 week delivery time, now we are in a MYP.

MYP
Midnight Silver Metallic
5 Seat - Black
No Tow
OD: July 10th - July 13th switch from LR to P
ODD: July-Aug
EDD: July 26-Aug 1
VIN: 7SAYGD********

Reactions: CuriousWren
First EV!! I'm super excited!

MYLR
Midnight Silver
19" Gemini Wheels
5 Seat/Black
Enhanced Autopilot
OD: July 6th
ODD: July-August
EDD: None

Okay so I found one in existing inventory that had everything plus a tow hitch so a snagged that when I had the chance
VIN: July 10th (7SAYGDEE3PF)
EDD: July 23-30

Routed to Clarkston as of yesterday

They rushed me to schedule pickup, and the bastards didn't even have the car, and now rescheduled it for the weekend, i realize it's 2 days. But i still don't trust it. I ordered last Wednesday. It was born the week before the 4th of July

Reactions: Hoxlox
@willwllx Please PM your contact. I ordered late on July 11, got the VIN early July 13. It was announced that the NJ state rebate for FY2024 re-started on July 12 (only order date counts, not delivery date). Based on dealer advice, reordered on July 13 and cancelled previous July 11 order. However, "lost" 250 and no VIN transfer. :-(

@willwllx Please PM your contact. I ordered late on July 11, got the VIN early July 13. It was announced that the NJ state rebate for FY2024 re-started on July 12 (only order date counts, not delivery date). Based on dealer advice, reordered on July 13 and cancelled previous July 11 order. However, "lost" 250 and no VIN transfer. :-(
I’m in the same boat. Ordered 7/8 and received a vin on 7/13. Now I have to cancel and reorder to qualify for rebate. Will cost me 250 but will save 1250 overall.