Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think they are thrashing the engines, isn’t it a test script?

I bought a new aircraft engine from the factory and waited 8 weeks while it was being built. The test paperwork came with the engine. The engine was ran on a test stand for almost an hour, my $38k engine was ran at 200 RPM above red line twice during the test, both times for several minutes. Beats something breaking on the first takeoff.

I was in the car with him while he went through the sequence. It ran a short test sequence and he then manually redlined it multiple times. Every car goes through it. He told me it's totally fine and with all the computer controls the car knows what it can and cannot handle. It was a wild experience.

MYLR
White
5 white seats
19" wheels
OD: July 3
EDD: None
VIN: None

This will be my first EV.
I now have a VIN and a revised delivery of today (7/23) through July 30. I need to get the check and send them my insurance data.

The car is from Fremont, and it does not have ultrasonic sensors, relying on cameras. Fortunately, I didn't order Autopilot nor FSD. I expect to use their traffic-aware cruise control, and hope that things work well enough for that.

Update: Delivery scheduled for July 24th

MYLR

7 seats
Midnight Silver Metallic exterior
Black interior

OD: July 14th
ODD: July-August
EDD1: July 17-29
EDD2: July 18-29
EDD3: July 19-29
EDD4: July 20-30
EDD5: July 22-28

VIN: Assigned July 20 (Fremont build)

Pick up was Monday (tomorrow) at 10:00 am but I happened to look at the app this evening and it has changed to Tuesday at noon. No email or other communication. Glad I didn’t go tomorrow.

I now have a VIN and a revised delivery of today (7/23) through July 30. I need to get the check and send them my insurance data.

The car is from Fremont, and it does not have ultrasonic sensors, relying on cameras. Fortunately, I didn't order Autopilot nor FSD. I expect to use their traffic-aware cruise control, and hope that things work well enough for that.
Delivery is now scheduled for THursday afternoon, 7/27. This will be interesting.

It has been over a week since I received the VIN but nothing has been updated from a delivery date standpoint.

Does it usually take that long to get a tighter delivery date? I called the Tesla location and they were able to tell me that it was enroute, so I guess that's good.

I guess there is really no rhyme or reason whatsoever

From receiving my VIN to the 'congrats you can schedule an appointment for delivery' text it took 10 days.

Yet for my friend it took 2 days. But, we are receiving the car on the same exact day (just 30 minutes apart).

His is from Austin to NC, mine is from Fremont to NC.

So, i guess it's different for everyone. There really doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to when you progress through each part of the process... except... you will progress through it like everyone else ;).

From receiving my VIN to the 'congrats you can schedule an appointment for delivery' text it took 10 days.

Yet for my friend it took 2 days. But, we are receiving the car on the same exact day (just 30 minutes apart).

His is from Austin to NC, mine is from Fremont to NC.

So, i guess it's different for everyone. There really doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to when you progress through each part of the process... except... you will progress through it like everyone else ;).
Thanks for the insight.

Pretty crazy how you and your friend will be picking up the same day with completely different time schedules and location builds, pretty cool though.

Soon enough, I suppose.

Delivery Date Scheduled: July 28th

MYLR

White

20” Wheels
5 Seat - Black

OD: July 6th
ODD: July-Aug
EDD: July 26th - Aug 2nd
Scheduled Delivery: July 28th
VIN: 7/15

Funny Story....

Received the message today to schedule delivery.

Scheduled for this Friday July 28th.

Ordered our 2nd Tesla. Have a 2018 Tesla Model 3 and replacing a 2014 Toyota Prius-Plug-In PHEV.

MYLR
Midnight Silver (considering wrapping to a different color)
19" Gemini Wheels
5 Seat/Black
Enhanced Autopilot
OD: July 9th
EDD: July 12 - July 26
VIN: None

Update.

MYLR
Midnight Silver (Will wrap to a metallic silver)
19" Gemini Wheels
5 Seat/Black
Enhanced Autopilot (dropped EAP for now)
OD: July 9th
EDD: July 27th
VIN: 7SAYGDEE5PF839XXX
Per Tesla rep, Birthday; 07/20/2023 2:38 PM (PDT)

Last edited:
Just called Tesla (no waiting) and was able to move my delivery date up 1 day since I'll be picking up my kids from summer camp that saturday morning. Makes the day way less stressful now :).
nice I called the location where I'm picking up my car and they said it MIGHT get there Wednesday/thursday. 2 days early is still 2 days early. we're gonna try to not get back into a rental until the day we need to pick up the car and even then I might call in some favors to just give us a ride.

So far about 68 miles in, no problems. Still in honeymoon phase, watching my son like a hawk in and out of the car lol If anyone didn't get a referral, my SA is pretty responsive to emails and phone calls and might be able to set you up. send me a message :) I still lack trust in autopilot steering, is there a smoother disengage from it then braking or forcing control? Seems jerky, i can already hear the lady of the house complaining about car sick, i already am very tight with my movements, let alone the way the tesla handles, it's a bit jerky at times, especially when wanting to get back control. It could also be just being new.
@willwllx I tried getting a referral link added after the fact when my original referral link claimed it was valid but never went through. I was on the phone with an SA few times but they kept saying nothing they could do without cancelling the order. If you could message me your SA contact info I would like to reach out to see if your SA can do anything different.

MYLR
Blue
5 Seat - Black
19 " Gemini wheels
Tow hitch
OD: July 20
EDD: July 26-August 5
VIN: 7SAYGDEE2PF83 (currently en route someone canceled)

Greenville, South Carolina

Trading in my 2020 MYP and transferring my FSD. Tesla gave me $200 less on my trade in than Carvana, Carmax, etc. so I'm happy with that. Love my MYP...its the only car that is better today than the day I bought it (thanks OTA updates). That said I need the extra range, I'm almost out of warranty (B2B) and this year will be the last year I can take advantage of the EV credit.

I had to push my SA to get them to determine the final trade in value for my MYP. Also DO NOT sign the FSD transfer form until everything is in place. It is irreversible.
How long did it take for you to get the VIN number?