Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to parse this thread and figure out typical delivery timeframes...it looks like it's anywhere from ~10 to ~30 days?

I'll be ordering an MYP Blue/White soon, probably.
Sounds about right! lol.

All told, my process SHOULD only take 24 days - July 4 to July 28. My friend ordered on July 17/18 and gets his on July 29. But, he also will be purchasing his 3rd Tesla (trading in his 2020 M3) so I'm not sure if that bumped him up a bit in line as a 'returning customer.'

MYL4
Red
5 seat- Black interior
Tow Hitch
OD: July 23
ODD: July - August
EDD: July 25 - Aug 3
VIN: assigned July 25

Surprised to find VIN assigned so quickly. Actually saw an inventory car that seemed to match my spec and submitted the "contact me" form but no contact and now with a VIN assigned, I will sit tight!

Kind of humorous that the EDD includes today's date. Uh, I don't think that's gonna happen!

I'm assuming this is an Austin Y (I'm in NC) and should have HW4 which is a must for me.

Still haven't seen a quote for my trade-in 2018 Model 3. Also transferring FSD which the rep told me in-person Sunday "was just a matter of signing a document." Hoping Tesla's trade offer is decent, otherwise I'll be pioneering the "forfeit your FSD" as I sell the 3 for cash to someone else.

Last edited:
MYL4
Red
5 seat- Black interior
Tow Hitch
OD: July 23
ODD: July - August
EDD: July 25 - Aug 3
VIN: assigned July 25

Surprised to find VIN assigned so quickly. Actually saw an inventory car that seemed to match my spec and submitted the "contact me" form but no contact and now with a VIN assigned, I will sit tight!

Kind of humorous that the EDD includes today's date. Uh, I don't think that's gonna happen!

I'm assuming this is an Austin Y (I'm in NC) and should have HW4 which is a must for me.

Still haven't seen a quote for my trade-in 2018 Model 3. Also transferring FSD which the rep told me in-person Sunday "was just a matter of signing a document." Hoping Tesla's trade offer is decent, otherwise I'll be pioneering the "forfeit your FSD" as I sell the 3 for cash to someone else.
Congrats! If the letter before the final numbers in your VIN is an A, then it's from Austin.

Reactions: Pabs324
Model Y Long Range AWD Blue w/ White interior
5 Seat
19" wheels

Ordered: 7/21
VIN Assigned: 7/21
Delivery Date Assigned: 7/22
Estimated Delivery Date: Scheduled for 7/24

VIN: F838XXX

Order to delivery in less than 3 days. Much faster than I was anticipating
Update: Delivered as scheduled on 7/24 (factory floor to delivery in 4 days). Car was almost perfect in terms of build quality, spent an hour in the parking lot inspecting the vehicle. Some pressure buffeting from the rear hatch that I mostly fixed by adjusting the stops. Some dirt on the sun visor and I discovered a tiny scratch on the inside of the door. AC doesn't seem to get as cold as my old Model 3, not sure if it is a defect or just a byproduct of changing HVAC systems with the heat pump.

Huge quality difference from my 2018 Model 3. Drives so much smoother and much better NVH. LED Matrix headlights are a huge improvement from my previous Model 3. Ryzen upgrade from the Intel Atom is really nice. Never thought I'd say this but I like having the PWS as people know if I'm backing out or driving through the parking lot. HW4 cameras are much nicer too. Hopefully the better interior camera with IR helps out with false positive strikes on FSD.

No USS is definitely worse as it is much less accurate and precise. It alarms for things much lower than the rear bumper such as curbs and flowers. It struggles with distance estimation with blank white walls. Also I miss having HomeLink installed at the factory, Mobile Service is coming by next week to install it.

Very pleased overall with my Model Y :)

PXL_20230725_001046023.jpg

PXL_20230725_002347238.jpg

PXL_20230725_210923725.jpg

Reactions: SpaceAggie
Hey there order/spec buddy.

Will be interested to see which of us gets it first...you ordered a day earlier, but I'm a little closer to Freemont...if that matters.
Looks like we got another right after me - I was hoping Blue wasn’t going to be everywhere. Here in Charlotte, there seems be like a million Whites on the road, every stop light you see one. Now today I saw 3 Blue while out running errands. SMH

EDD2: July 30 - August 7

I spoke with a sales representative, and heard my car is in trasit now. Expect to be arrived hub location on 7/27, and they will ship it to Paramus via overnight delivery.
Expected pickup day is now

EDD3: July 28 - July 29
The app is still not showing delivery date selection as of yet.

Pickup is scheduled - July 29
Call center agent told me that I would get a delivery scheduling notice when the Paramus center receive the delivery which was expected on 7/27 but I got the text today (7/24).
Truly excited!

Looks like we got another right after me - I was hoping Blue wasn’t going to be everywhere. Here in Charlotte, there seems be like a million Whites on the road, every stop light you see one. Now today I saw 3 Blue while out running errands. SMH
White and gray are definitely the ones I see the most. I really like the way the gray looks, but they're already everywhere, plus now it's the "free" color so there's going to be even more. I don't buy black or red cars so...that left me with blue.

Update: Delivery scheduled for July 24th

MYLR

7 seats
Midnight Silver Metallic exterior
Black interior

OD: July 14th
ODD: July-August
EDD1: July 17-29
EDD2: July 18-29
EDD3: July 19-29
EDD4: July 20-30
EDD5: July 22-28

VIN: Assigned July 20 (Fremont build)

Disappointing pick up today. Considered rejecting Y but I sold my other car and can't go without for another couple of weeks.

Issues found:

Two small dents in rear bumper
A few scratches across car that the Tesla employee buffed out
Gouges in center console, only found later when lifting center lid.
The middle row seats don't always fold down when pushing button. Mechanical noises but then nothing.

I made an appointment to bring the car in to a service center next week to fix the issues. I will update how that experience goes.

Fremont build

The dents don't show up well on camera but I have attached the interior damage.

Attachments

• IMG_3662.jpeg
    IMG_3662.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 79
Congrats! If the letter before the final numbers in your VIN is an A, then it's from Austin.
Thanks! 7SAYGDEE1PA... so it's Texas born :) !

The app no longer shows "similar models in stock for earlier delivery" so looks like I'm locked in for this one which is fine.

Now waiting on the trade-in offer. Kelley Blue Book's "cash offer from partners" was $4K higher than Carvana's. We'll see what TSLA does.

Reactions: superblast
No USS is definitely worse as it is much less accurate and precise. It alarms for things much lower than the rear bumper such as curbs and flowers. It struggles with distance estimation with blank white walls.
AFA the rear camera, I made a mark on the ground and backed up until the mark was at the bottom of the image. In the case of my care, it left a foot between the bumper and the mark. I use that mainly for backing in to curbs for charging.

MYLR
5-seat black with black interior
OD: July 3rd
ODD: July - Aug
EDD: Aug 2 - aug 16
VIN: Assigned july 18

Is it possible to find out which boat the car comes with, searching by VIN? I have tried to find new information about this without any luck so far.

There was a study done back in the 70s that details what they called the "Blue Chevette effect." A professor bought a new car (guess which) and started seeing it everywhere. He knew it was a popular car, but wondered if it was just his perception that changed. It was. Now you have Blue MY effect!

Reactions: UglyDuckling