Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYL4
Red
5 seat- Black interior
Tow Hitch
OD: July 23
ODD: July - August
EDD: July 25 - Aug 3
VIN: assigned July 25

Surprised to find VIN assigned so quickly. Actually saw an inventory car that seemed to match my spec and submitted the "contact me" form but no contact and now with a VIN assigned, I will sit tight!

Kind of humorous that the EDD includes today's date. Uh, I don't think that's gonna happen!

I'm assuming this is an Austin Y (I'm in NC) and should have HW4 which is a must for me.

Still haven't seen a quote for my trade-in 2018 Model 3. Also transferring FSD which the rep told me in-person Sunday "was just a matter of signing a document." Hoping Tesla's trade offer is decent, otherwise I'll be pioneering the "forfeit your FSD" as I sell the 3 for cash to someone else.
Update: Delivery Date assigned - Monday July 31. If that holds, it will be 8 days from order to delivery.

Congratulations! did they reach out to you for the cancelled order or you had find out for yourself?
Thanks. My SA reached out.
Still haven't seen a quote for my trade-in 2018 Model 3. Also transferring FSD which the rep told me in-person Sunday "was just a matter of signing a document." Hoping Tesla's trade offer is decent, otherwise I'll be pioneering the "forfeit your FSD" as I sell the 3 for cash to someone else.
I have this issue too. It states pending trade but when I go into my financing, it shows the trade value. I'm curious why the final trade in value is taking so long.

VIN Assigned 7/27
EDD (7/27) August 8 - August 15

It's getting real!
Glad you're getting closer. The variation in timing between orders is just weird. You and I have the same spec...it took you over a week to get an EDD range, and 3 weeks to get a VIN?

Meanwhile I got an EDD within 1 day of ordering...and according to that estimate, I'll also get my car by Aug 15 at the latest (no VIN yet).

Reactions: UglyDuckling
With Fremont plant shutting down per multiple reports, does that mean any in-process orders will get the next "model"/updates/whatever you call it with Tesla's non-model year nomenclature? I can't find any reports on how long the shutdown will take, but that can't be a quick process either.

Update:
MYLR
Blue
5 Seat - Black
Tow Hitch
OD: July 23rd
ODD: July-August
EDD: Aug 3rd-Aug 17th
VIN: None

Hopefully, this gets done soon!
Transferring FSD from my
‘21 Red MY AWD LR 7-Seater 20” Wheels with Hitch HW3,

to a

‘23 Blue MY AWD LR 5-Seater, 20” Wheels no Hitch HW4:

Ordered on 07/19/23 at 9PM EST.
VIN assigned on 07/20/23 at 545PM.
Delivery was available in less than 7 days. Picking it up on 07/29/23..

I am in Atlanta, GA.

Reactions: UglyDuckling
Difficult to find hard info, but it does look like activity levels are quite low at the Freemont plant this week Tesla appears to have shut down Fremont factory for upgrades

Aren't all MYPs built in Freemont? If the factory's offline for a bit, that makes my Aug 1 - Aug 15 delivery sound quite optimistic.
I have the same EDD and it came through yesterday (OD: 7/24). My thought exactly. If it's just factory upgrades, fine. If that means the car is different, I don't mind waiting a couple weeks.

Well, things just took a weird turn.
I ordered a MY LR and offered to trade in my Model 3 with FSD and get the FSD transfer.
My contact at Tesla is insisting that due to a firmware compatibility issue, they are unable to transfer FSD to the Model Y.

Has anyone else run into this, and were you able to get it resolved? I believe the issue is that I am in FSD Beta on the Model 3, and that apparently
is not yet working on the Model Y with HW4. But I would be satisfied with the thing they are selling called FSD for $15K on the Y.

Reactions: baguette
What year is your current M3?

I am transferring FSD from a ‘21 MY to a ‘23 MY and have not been told of any issues so far. They had me sign a form for the transfer. Picking it up in a couple of days. Fingers-crossed.
It's a 2018 Model 3 with FSD.
I found another thread on this forum that says there may be a glitch in Tesla's backend systems that is preventing the transfer from working with 2018 Model 3's that have FSD, but the system doesn't recognize it. Sweet :) ! If anyone knows of a great escalation protocol let me know. I can't imagine this is what Elon wants to happen.