Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivered yesterday in Charlotte! Perfect condition. Only quirk was that it took almost 24+ hours to sync my cloud profile to the car. No biggie though!
PXL_20230728_172945131.MP.jpg

Interesting. Did you buy FSD at the same time as your Model 3, or upgrade to FSD later? I bought EAP and then upgraded to FSD when Elon announced the $2000 special. Maybe I got "bargain FSD" that doesn't qualify?!?
I bought FSD at time or ordering... I have heard the same thing from other threads which is really weird. IIRC FSD was more expensive if ordered after the fact, but I do remember they had a huge price drop.

MYP
Black
5 Seat - White
No Tow
OD: July 22nd
EDD: 7/28-8/4
VIN: Issued

This is my second Tesla, but first ordered through Tesla directly. I’m going on three days into my EDD timeframe, but I haven’t heard anything. Is this normal? I’ve completed all of the prelim steps, I guess I’m just waiting for that text/email.

I‘m at 6 days now since I submitted my trade in details and photos and I still haven’t gotten an offer from Tesla. I don’t want to confirm the financing or anything until they get back to me on the trade in, because the financing “page” in the app doesn’t account for the trade in value. Or is that normal?

I‘m at 6 days now since I submitted my trade in details and photos and I still haven’t gotten an offer from Tesla. I don’t want to confirm the financing or anything until they get back to me on the trade in, because the financing “page” in the app doesn’t account for the trade in value. Or is that normal?
Send a text message... they will push that out to you. I had to do the same thing.

Here was my reply from Tesla:

Just sent an email to our trade team, you will hopefully see that reflected later. I know sometimes they won't look at it till a pick up date is set, but I sent the email to see if we can get that going now.
If we can be of any more help please let us know! We are looking forward to getting you into your new Model Y!

Reactions: K5TRX and rogersmj
Glad you're getting closer. The variation in timing between orders is just weird. You and I have the same spec...it took you over a week to get an EDD range, and 3 weeks to get a VIN?

Meanwhile I got an EDD within 1 day of ordering...and according to that estimate, I'll also get my car by Aug 15 at the latest (no VIN yet).
I suspect they run batches of similar cars down the line in Fremont. I happened to put my order in a few weeks before the blue/white/tow batch was scheduled while you ordered right before.

Of course this is total conjecture on my part.

I did get an update from my SA advising that my car is in transit and expected to arrive at the local delivery center on August 4th. I hear that the trains are often delayed by a few days, and depending on the number of cars at the rail terminal it can also take a few days for it to travel those last few miles. I'll just continue to impatiently wait. LOL

MYLR
White
5 Seat - Black
19 " Gemini wheels
OD: July 28th
ODD: July-Aug
EDD: July 31st-Aug 7th
VIN: 7SAYGDEE9PF84xxxx

Does anyone know when this was built? HW4? Battery 4680? Matrix lights?
Can I call someone to find out or will I know when I pick it up?

Been lurking for a while and just wanted to add my stats now that I have a delivery date scheduled, although I'm hoping they'll be able to bump it up a day if the car is here early. Never thought I would buy a Tesla, but it checked off pretty much every box I had at a reasonable price. My wife and I are both super excited. We already have one EV and got hooked.

MYLR
Red multi-coat exterior
5-seat all black interior
19" Gemini wheels
No other options added
OD: July 21
ODD: July-August
EDD: July 27-August 10 (changed on July 22 or 23)
VIN: July 30 (Fremont car)
Scheduled delivery: August 4
Delivery location: Washington state, US

Reactions: BagheeraNY
MYLR
White
5 Seat - Black
19 " Gemini wheels
OD: July 28th
ODD: July-Aug
EDD: July 31st-Aug 7th
VIN: 7SAYGDEE9PF84xxxx

Does anyone know when this was built? HW4? Battery 4680? Matrix lights?
Can I call someone to find out or will I know when I pick it up?
I don't believe you can determine build month from the VIN but all recent Model Ys have had HW4 so you should be good. That's a Fremont build so you should have Matrix headlights. All the LRs come with 2170 batteries which isn't a bad thing.

Reactions: player13
My trade-in offer came a day before my MYP pick-up date which was about 25-days later. They waited til the last minute to give me a low-ball offer that I rejected.

MYLR W/W/5/19/Tow/FSD Xfr
OD: 29.Jul
ODD: Jul-Aug
EDD: None
VIN: None

Asked for trade-in quote on my 2018 M3 LRDM. Any tips on how to shake the tree to get that quote any sooner?
Stan in CO
Be careful what you ask for. It's a double edged sword. If you get the quote too soon, it may expire before your vehicle is delivered. Tesla would prefer that you not know until the last minute, so that you have limited options and are under pressure to take their normally low bid.

I would wait until you get a VIN, then text the SA to speed up the trade quote process. Until then, just let it ride. Some have gotten good bids from Tesla, many have not. Try to have other options available.

Good luck.