Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP
Black
5 Seat - White
No Tow
OD: July 22nd
EDD: 7/28-8/4
VIN: Issued

This is my second Tesla, but first ordered through Tesla directly. I’m going on three days into my EDD timeframe, but I haven’t heard anything. Is this normal? I’ve completed all of the prelim steps, I guess I’m just waiting for that text/email.
*UPDATE: I contacted the facility it’s being delivered to, and it was on the truck this morning. Delivery is scheduled for Wednesday, 8/2 at 11AM! I’m stoked!

Reactions: Alonzo
Be careful what you ask for. It's a double edged sword. If you get the quote too soon, it may expire before your vehicle is delivered. Tesla would prefer that you not know until the last minute, so that you have limited options and are under pressure to take their normally low bid.

I would wait until you get a VIN, then text the SA to speed up the trade quote process. Until then, just let it ride. Some have gotten good bids from Tesla, many have not. Try to have other options available.

Good luck.
Very interesting. When you say, "... their normally low bid", are you suggesting that their actual bid (on a Tesla trade - not another make) is frequently much lower than the "estimated trade in" from Tesla's own website? Is that the pattern?

Stan

Very interesting. When you say, "... their normally low bid", are you suggesting that their actual bid (on a Tesla trade - not another make) is frequently much lower than the "estimated trade in" from Tesla's own website? Is that the pattern?

Stan
The below is common and exactly what I had to deal with last month:

Tesla returned their Trade-in offer to me with just over a week before my delivery date. Gave me just enough time to go to CarMax and get a $2k better offer.

If you're trading in a Tesla, that may be different.

Hello folks! Newbie here so hope I do this right:

MYLR
Midnight Silver
19" Wheels
5 Seat - White Interior
Tow Package
OD: July 30
ODD: July-August 2023
EDD: TBD
VIN: TBD

I am an existing Model 3 owner so this will be my second Tesla. I am trading in my M3LR to take advantage of the one time FSD transfer - which I paid much less for than what it costs now! Initial trade-in estimate is in the ballpark of other estimates, so I will likely stay with the Tesla offer unless the final trade-in value radically changes - though some posts now have me nervous! I assume it will be much easier to transfer the FSD if I trade-in, so hope it does not change.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason. Some people get a VIN very quickly, others wind up waiting a couple weeks (or more).

I'm coming up on 1 week, no VIN...no matter how many times a day I obsessively open the app to check :D
Yeah, there really is no need for them to send me an alert. I’ll probably see the update in the app before the alert ever comes through.

Stan

If you go back and read the thousands of posts in these waiting rooms, I think you'll find that the approximate trade-in from their website is lower than their final official offer most of the time. In my case, sending in photos and other info should have increased the value, as they showed just how primo my trade was. Instead, they lowered offer several thousand. Tesla's offer for my trade was substantially lower than the several other bids I got.

With regard to your trade, I missed the part about it being a Tesla you are trading. It does seem that they do a little better on Teslas than SOB's. I hope it works out for you the way you want it to. Good luck.

If you go back and read the thousands of posts in these waiting rooms, I think you'll find that the approximate trade-in from their website is lower than their final official offer most of the time. In my case, sending in photos and other info should have increased the value, as they showed just how primo my trade was. Instead, they lowered offer several thousand. Tesla's offer for my trade was substantially lower than the several other bids I got.

With regard to your trade, I missed the part about it being a Tesla you are trading. It does seem that they do a little better on Teslas than SOB's. I hope it works out for you the way you want it to. Good luck.
It’s really not to hard to get a better offer. Edmunds and Kelly Blue Book offer services to sell your car to a list of local dealers. I took mine to two different dealers that contacted me through their referral. One of them gave me every penny of my asking price the other was several thousands lower.