Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : June 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR
Black
5 seats
Black interior
Standard wheels
OD: 6/11
ODD: June-July
VIN: None
EDD#1: June 23 - June 30
EDD#2: June 24- June 30
EDD#3: June 25 - June 30
EDD#4: June 26 - June 30
EDD#5: June 27 - June 30
I just receive text from 510 with a link to delivery pick up at Fremont on June 29. The text says “we currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 1-2 days. A VIN will populate in your Tesla Account when your vehicle has been built.” I was able to schedule my delivery pick up on June 29 without a VIN number yet.
It seems like everyone in here have a VIN before schedule a delivery. I wonder if anyone experienced the same situation like me? And base on what the text says, should the car will be built within 1-2 days should have HW4 and matrix lights with it right? What if it’s not? What should I do?

Sorry for the long text it’s my 1st time getting a Tesla and everything is so different from what I’ve expected.

Reactions: Elektrick
MYLR
Black
5 seats
Black interior
Standard wheels
OD: 6/11
ODD: June-July
VIN: None
EDD#1: June 23 - June 30
EDD#2: June 24- June 30
EDD#3: June 25 - June 30
EDD#4: June 26 - June 30
EDD#5: June 27 - June 30
I just receive text from 510 with a link to delivery pick up at Fremont on June 29. The text says “we currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 1-2 days. A VIN will populate in your Tesla Account when your vehicle has been built.” I was able to schedule my delivery pick up on June 29 without a VIN number yet.
It seems like everyone in here have a VIN before schedule a delivery. I wonder if anyone experienced the same situation like me? And base on what the text says, should the car will be built within 1-2 days should have HW4 and matrix lights with it right? What if it’s not? What should I do?

Sorry for the long text it’s my 1st time getting a Tesla and everything is so different from what I’ve expected.
  • End of Quarter (EoQ) push and making fiscal numbers cultivates exceptions, and weird changes are made to get every SINGLE last drop of cars off the lot before the close of the quarter on 06/30. A few 100 cars "could" be a positive or negative (EoQ) earnings report; we don't know!
  • IIRC — Someone in the Tesla Discord is describing a similar situation. I ordered an MYP on 06/21, not expecting to see delivery or VIN until Mid-July. Early this morning PST, I received a VIN for a vehicle with a build date of today, 06/27. Fremont is moving like a well-oiled machine; those ladies and gentlemen are pumping cars/SUVs off the line FAST. I wouldn't be too worried about it as they probably have an estimate of vehicles they're producing and know they will have (x) and rather get you ready for delivery to meet the 06/30 date.
  • IIRC — Coming from Fremont, it will have HW4, but matrix headlights are a toss-up for MYLR. Once you get a VIN, use the subreddit VIN check and get more information on your vehicle.
  • I cannot answer what you should do; hopefully, you have done research on the pros/cons of Matrix and if it's worth declining a VIN.
Congrats on your 1st Tesla!!!!

• End of Quarter (EoQ) push and making fiscal numbers cultivates exceptions, and weird changes are made to get every SINGLE last drop of cars off the lot before the close of the quarter on 06/30. A few 100 cars "could" be a positive or negative (EoQ) earnings report; we don't know!
  • IIRC — Someone in the Tesla Discord is describing a similar situation. I ordered an MYP on 06/21, not expecting to see delivery or VIN until Mid-July. Early this morning PST, I received a VIN for a vehicle with a build date of today, 06/27. Fremont is moving like a well-oiled machine; those ladies and gentlemen are pumping cars/SUVs off the line FAST. I wouldn't be too worried about it as they probably have an estimate of vehicles they're producing and know they will have (x) and rather get you ready for delivery to meet the 06/30 date.
  • IIRC — Coming from Fremont, it will have HW4, but matrix headlights are a toss-up for MYLR. Once you get a VIN, use the subreddit VIN check and get more information on your vehicle.
  • I cannot answer what you should do; hopefully, you have done research on the pros/cons of Matrix and if it's worth declining a VIN.
Congrats on your 1st Tesla!!!!

Wow nice. I ordered a MYP on the 21st as well, curious if I'll see any movement soon. I'm located in TX though.

MYP
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
5 Seat - Black
Tow
OD: June 21st
ODD: June - July
EDD #1: 06/23 - 06/30
EDD #2: 06/24 - 06/30
EDD #3: 06/25 - 06/30
EDD #4: 06/26 - 06/30
EDD #5: 06/28 - 06/30 & VIN ASSIGNED on (06/27/23)
VIN: ASSIGNED - PF825010
MYP
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
5 Seat - Black
Tow
OD: June 21st
ODD: June - July
EDD #1: 06/23 - 06/30
EDD #2: 06/24 - 06/30
EDD #3: 06/25 - 06/30
EDD #4: 06/26 - 06/30
EDD #5: 06/28 - 06/30 & VIN ASSIGNED on (06/27/23)
VIN: ASSIGNED - PF825010
Scheduled Delivery: 06/30

EoQ PUSH...HOLD....HOLD....HOLD....UNLEASH THE VINs....schedule the DELIVERIES!!!

Got a text from Tesla 6/25, scheduled pickup 6/29, although no VIN was assigned that day.
Today just got VIN assigned:
Vin 7SAYGDEE6PF8XXXXX

Looks like Austin build. How do I know if it has HW4 and Matrix lights? VIN Decoders I find don't mention that nor the build date.
Check Reddit for the VIN post and provide the OP with your VIN details for a detailed description of your vehicle. Also, I could be wrong, but from the look of that VIN, it's Fremont, not Austin. I only say that because my VIN looks mighty similar to that. I'm guessing 06/27 (Today) Build.

Check Reddit for the VIN post and provide the OP with your VIN details for a detailed description of your vehicle. Also, I could be wrong, but from the look of that VIN, it's Fremont, not Austin. I only say that because my VIN looks mighty similar to that. I'm guessing 06/27 (Today) Build.
Yes, I just realized that I was wrong. This is from Freemont. Thanks.

Reactions: CASE01
MYLR
MSM
5 seat white
OD June 7
ODD June - July
EDD June
VIN received June 9
Fremont build

Replacing my red MYLR that was written off as totaled after a mild collision in May
Picked up yesterday (Mon. 06/26) in Charlotte, another easy laid back delivery experience at this location. My advisor opened the car with the keycard, told me to take as long as I wanted to look it over and to just hit accept and head out if everything looked good. Couldn't find a thing wrong with the car so I hit accept, drove around front and moved my dog from my wife's car to mine then headed up the highway home.

MYLR, Black
5 seat, Black
19" Gemini wheels
OD: June 7th
EDD: June/July
Vin: June 13th: 7SAYGDEEOPA14*** (Austin)
EDD: (6/13) June 27-30
6/23: texted to schedule pick up on 6/27
6/26: texted to say still in transit, rescheduled to 6/28
SA called this morning (6/27) and said the car was here and can we come in for our original time of 4pm today. Sure thing we said.
Checked it over and everything looked good, we didn't see any issues. Came with Pirelli Scorpions tires.
Now to read up on a few things.
Picked up from the Riverside store.

Last edited:
Reactions: CASE01