Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : June 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR
Black
5 seats
Black interior
Standard wheels
OD: 6/11
ODD: June-July
VIN: None
EDD#1: June 23 - June 30
EDD#2: June 24- June 30
EDD#3: June 25 - June 30
EDD#4: June 26 - June 30
EDD#5: June 27 - June 30
I just receive text from 510 with a link to delivery pick up at Fremont on June 29. The text says “we currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 1-2 days. A VIN will populate in your Tesla Account when your vehicle has been built.” I was able to schedule my delivery pick up on June 29 without a VIN number yet.
It seems like everyone in here have a VIN before schedule a delivery. I wonder if anyone experienced the same situation like me? And base on what the text says, should the car will be built within 1-2 days should have HW4 and matrix lights with it right? What if it’s not? What should I do?

Sorry for the long text it’s my 1st time getting a Tesla and everything is so different from what I’ve expected.
I receive another text today it said: “
Fremont Tesla

Hi Cuong, we currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 1-2 days. A VIN will populate in your Tesla Account when your vehicle has been built.
Your vehicle should be ready by tomorrow so hang tight!
Once it's made you would be matched to a VIN automatically.

Kind Regards”

Still no VIN, though. I don’t mind picking up late; I just want to get the VIN number so that I can check it on Reddit to make sure it comes with HW4.

MYP
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
5 Seat - Black
Tow
OD: June 21st
ODD: June - July
EDD #1: 06/23 - 06/30
EDD #2: 06/24 - 06/30
EDD #3: 06/25 - 06/30
EDD #4: 06/26 - 06/30
EDD #5: 06/28 - 06/30 & VIN ASSIGNED on (06/27/23)
VIN: ASSIGNED - PF825010
Scheduled Delivery: 06/30

EoQ PUSH...HOLD....HOLD....HOLD....UNLEASH THE VINs....schedule the DELIVERIES!!!
MYP
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
5 Seat - Black
Tow
OD: June 21st
ODD: June - July
EDD #1: 06/23 - 06/30
EDD #2: 06/24 - 06/30
EDD #3: 06/25 - 06/30
EDD #4: 06/26 - 06/30
EDD #5: 06/28 - 06/30 & VIN ASSIGNED on (06/27/23)
VIN: ASSIGNED - PF825010
Scheduled Delivery: 06/30
Early Delivery Scheduled: 06/29

My updates are finished. I wish the rest of you good luck in your deliveries!

We had our Model Y delivered to the house few days ago on the East coast. No issues with the car or delivery besides two shipping delays spanning a week. We had ordered early May and the car is Fremont built base model (Hw4) Couple of things that may interest people based on what I have seen on the forums

- We had two people registered on the car and neither was present for delivery.

- One of the registrant signed the paperwork few days earlier at the Service center for both. Other party was not present.

- Paid via Plaid on delivery with the existing Tesla account registered to someone who wasn’t on the title.

- Got the runaround about all the points above via Tesla delivery Text messages. They told us NO multiple times about doing pickup without all parties present at delivery.

- Lesson here is that the local Tesla delivery center will take care of your situation, so deal with them directly if you have an unusual situation.

- Delivery was by a local Tesla rep who drove the car to our house and Ubered back.

Hope this helps.

MYLR
MSM
5 Seat-Black
OD: June 1st
EDD: None
VIN: None
MYLR
MSM
5 Seat-Black
OD: June 1st
EDD: June 18-30th
EDD: June 24th-30th (changed everyday from June 18th)
Vin: F816 - June 24th
Car Delivered to my house June 25th (Guy drove from Fremont factory and then hopped in an Uber)
Car is almost perfect except small panel gap on rear passenger door. Decided to live with it so they don't make it worse or cause other problems.

I receive another text today it said: “
Fremont Tesla

Hi Cuong, we currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 1-2 days. A VIN will populate in your Tesla Account when your vehicle has been built.
Your vehicle should be ready by tomorrow so hang tight!
Once it's made you would be matched to a VIN automatically.

Kind Regards”

Still no VIN, though. I don’t mind picking up late; I just want to get the VIN number so that I can check it on Reddit to make sure it comes with HW4.
It should be fine because every MY made by Tesla Fremont is with HW4 now.

MY LR Red
5 Seat White Interior
Tow
OD: 6/7
EDD: Jun-Jul
VIN: Fremont build on 6/22
On Site 6/24
Scheduled DD #1: 6/27

Looks like it will be 20 days from order to delivery. I am in Oregon, so only a few hundred miles from Fremont.
Took delivery on 27th as scheduled. A few scuff marks around on paint, guess is when cleaning car someone drug the hose across the paint. They buffed most out, but one has to go to a body shop and if they can't fix it, new front bumper panel, mark is generally below LH headlight. Kind of disappointed, but didn't feel like waiting another month and honestly in a year or two probably won't be only scuff marks.

Frunk is a little misaligned bigger gap on right than left, but "within tolerance". As the saying goes. The rest of the car looked pretty good and no other noticed issues with 40 miles now.

Front mud flaps and I assume the rear PPF were installed by the service center. Matrix headlights are present as well as HW4 cameras with red lens.

Reactions: Elektrick
Maybe wet sanding could sort that, always though to know with a Tesla paint job.
The SC was able to repair it but when I got home, I noticed they damage my steering wheel, now I have a small cut on the 2 o clock position. Going back for them to look at it. Sigh.
20230628_165948.jpg

Reactions: Elektrick
How is it possible that I have an identical order from back on 5/18 and still don't have a VIN or delivery date?

That seems very odd. 20 days from order to my driveway in Oregon so very strange you are over a month longer.
This anomaly happens unfortunately when your order gets grouped up in a new batch. ie...When your order misses the tail end of its current batch. Insanity I know. There could be factors such as paint selection etc. It was a common occurrence during my M3P order, also an EOQ push.

Hang in there. I've also seen where one would get a VIN and DD back to back. It's wild and unpredictable. Tesla style.

Reactions: Shelby Griggs