Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla today and asked about HW4. They said that my car is how that it does have AP04. She did caveat by saying that, while this is what she sees on her system the car that is delivered can possibly have a different spec. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am also picking up my MYP this Friday!
MYP
Blue
OD: 4/26/23
EDD: 6/2/23
VIN: PF782xxx

Anyone know if I'll have HW4? Seems like I won't if this is coming from Fremont, right?

@Daniel In , that would be interesting to see if you had HW4 since your VIN is F782xx... HW is supposed to start around F789500+ for the Freemont, CA builds.

Has anyone been able to read what the Austin theoretical VIN# cutoff for HW4 should be? There was a Reddit or Twitter post somewhere (since deleted) that appeared to have a cutoff. But it has since been deleted possibly because it showed not-for-consumer information.

@Daniel In , that would be interesting to see if you had HW4 since your VIN is F782xx... HW is supposed to start around F789500+ for the Freemont, CA builds.

Has anyone been able to read what the Austin theoretical VIN# cutoff for HW4 should be? There was a Reddit or Twitter post somewhere (since deleted) that appeared to have a cutoff. But it has since been deleted possibly because it showed not-for-consumer information.
Yea that's why I was surprised when I spoke with them. I hope it's true .

Reactions: pkmody
@AbblePC , can you show the screenshot on your Model S as to where it shows what HW version you got? This way, @Nurse.SLANG can take a pic of that on their car.

I think that this will be the overall proof that the Y, in fact, has HW4. Because here's a thought... what if Tesla just changed suppliers on the cameras and ONLY changed the cameras? I.e. - no "faster CPU", no radar, etc. that would make it truly HW4?
It’s pretty much irrelevant as my display is nothing like the updated Model Y displays from a MS 2016 90D.

So, will the driver like your case, who gets the lower scores in May because the sudden hard brake or hang-out after 10 PM, still pay less than 333 in June?
Just found out I have Version 1.0 of the Tesla Insurance. This means the "night driving" is not a factor. Thank god. I don't do much night driving anyways but sometimes I leave out of state on vacation and we drive at night.

Reactions: retbesla
I called Tesla today and asked about HW4. They said that my car is how that it does have AP04. She did caveat by saying that, while this is what she sees on her system the car that is delivered can possibly have a different spec. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am also picking up my MYP this Friday!

How did you manage to call Tesla and get to someone who is in a position to answer questions about your order?

Sometime in the past few weeks did a Tesla Advisor call you to discuss delivery location and dates? I just got my VIN (Fremont 795xxx)
and replied to a text from Tesla requesting an Advisor call. Hopefully I'll hear from someone in next day or two.
I will also ask them if my MYP will have HW4. I don't follow how your contact sees your car has HW4 but the car you pick up might not have it?

If an advisor tells me that I'll tell them when they have the car at the pickup location to send me a photo of one of it's side cameras. If it's not a new model camera then it's not HW4 and I'm not going to take it. If the advisor tells me that it has HW4 and it does not, then it will be up to them to fulfill my order with one that does. Since they prioritize MYP because they bring most revenue, I suspect they have the lowest wait time from order to delivery. When I placed order est. delivery was June - July. VIN came in yesterday.

Reactions: AbblePC
You don't have to pay in advance. I just setup payment in the app, will pay day of delivery after acceptance.
Yes, wait until delivery date and INSIST on inspecting the car before signing any paperwork. They try to do all of the paperwork first to prevent a refusal. You always have the absolute right to inspect before signing anything. Take a flashlight and small yellow post-it notes. Any issue, stick on a post-it and take a photo with your camera. Then tell them to fix any issues and you will be back. It will get any issues fixed MUCH faster. Otherwise some people have reported having to wait a month or more for an appointment. They have gotten much better, but there are things that you can do to stack the deck in your favor. Signing paperwork first means you own it and cannot reject.

Reactions: AbblePC
How did you manage to call Tesla and get to someone who is in a position to answer questions about your order?

Sometime in the past few weeks did a Tesla Advisor call you to discuss delivery location and dates? I just got my VIN (Fremont 795xxx)
and replied to a text from Tesla requesting an Advisor call. Hopefully I'll hear from someone in next day or two.
I will also ask them if my MYP will have HW4. I don't follow how your contact sees your car has HW4 but the car you pick up might not have it?

If an advisor tells me that I'll tell them when they have the car at the pickup location to send me a photo of one of it's side cameras. If it's not a new model camera then it's not HW4 and I'm not going to take it. If the advisor tells me that it has HW4 and it does not, then it will be up to them to fulfill my order with one that does. Since they prioritize MYP because they bring most revenue, I suspect they have the lowest wait time from order to delivery. When I placed order est. delivery was June - July. VIN came in yesterday.
You need to get to the service center and not the Tesla advisor/rep.

was moving some stuff to my new place and was in the car with my wife and told her I see my damn car everywhere today especially.. MYP everywhere! complained about it being day 22 of no VIN.. she runs into the store, I refresh my app and boom! Finally a VIN and the Tesla Vision notice... no text about it yet.. but man am I happy... now waiting for loan approval from USSFCU (applied today and they have a high volume of applications) so I won't hold my breath.. should have HW4 since my VIN is in the 9600s!!

Model Y Performance
Black paint black interior
OD: May 8th
EDD: June/July
EDD1 this past weekend: May 20th- June 3rd
EDD2: (5/23/23) May 26th-June 9th
VIN Assigned 5/30
Los Angeles

was moving some stuff to my new place and was in the car with my wife and told her I see my damn car everywhere today especially.. MYP everywhere! complained about it being day 22 of no VIN.. she runs into the store, I refresh my app and boom! Finally a VIN and the Tesla Vision notice... no text about it yet.. but man am I happy... now waiting for loan approval from USSFCU (applied today and they have a high volume of applications) so I won't hold my breath.. should have HW4 since my VIN is in the 9600s!!

Model Y Performance
Black paint black interior
OD: May 8th
EDD: June/July
EDD1 this past weekend: May 20th- June 3rd
EDD2: (5/23/23) May 26th-June 9th
VIN Assigned 5/30
Los Angeles
Awesome news, congrats!

Reactions: Bucketz
MYP - White Interior - Midnight Silver (Now Red)

OD: 5/8/23

EDD: June-July

EDD2: May 28th - June 11th

Changed color to red 5/25.

EDD3: June 3 - June 17

Received VIN: 5/30/23 Fremont PF795 (almost certainly HW4 🤞

EDD4: June 11 - June 18

Reactions: Bucketz