Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So based on my VIN PF7844xx I am getting the 3.0 šŸ«¤. My first Tesla so Iā€™m not going to turn it down. Iā€™ve already fully insured and paid for the car but I canā€™t take possession until 6/9/23 in Council Bluff, IA (165 miles South of where I live). Crazy that you have to pay for the car and have insurance on the car 12 days before you can even view the car?? šŸ˜–. I am not liking this Tesla buying experience. If the Yā€™s fit and finish donā€™t satisfy my expectation then do I get a full refund? I know my insurance company will not refund my money. Seriously Tesla needs to improve this buying experience!

So based on my VIN PF7844xx I am getting the 3.0 šŸ«¤. My first Tesla so Iā€™m not going to turn it down. Iā€™ve already fully insured and paid for the car but I canā€™t take possession until 6/9/23 in Council Bluff, IA (165 miles South of where I live). Crazy that you have to pay for the car and have insurance on the car 12 days before you can even view the car?? šŸ˜–. I am not liking this Tesla buying experience. If the Yā€™s fit and finish donā€™t satisfy my expectation then do I get a full refund? I know my insurance company will not refund my money. Seriously Tesla needs to improve this buying experience!
You should be able to ask your car insurance to backdate coverage to begin on pickup day, that's what I've done and they provided me a temporary ID card that I could upload to the Tesla website. I have State Farm.
You can also wait until pickup date to do final payment I believe. They let us schedule delivery date prior to both of those items being complete on the app so shouldn't impact your delivery date.

Agreed with this. I didn't complete all of my processes yet, especially the trade-in offer is valid for 30-days and lease option is valid for 60-days. But, it's good to know what Tesla may offer to you. So far, Tesla offers me the fair value to help early terminate my lease, so I can end the existing lease earlier and get into Tesla, without having to pay the final few months' lease payment. To me, it's worthy.

However, if I fully own this trade-in vehicle, I might do it differently.

The bottom line to me is, as long as the trade-in value isn't way off too much, I'm okay with Tesla's offer since it saves all the hassle involved with the sale and tax.
My trade value was better with tax savings with Tesla. My delivery date went over 30 days, so I had to give an updated picture of my odometer, and they dropped the offer by 100. Still better than cash offers elsewhere, and I really didn't want to go through a private sale beating to maybe make 1K . . . I have done that before, and it's an a$$whip.

Reactions: retbesla
You don't have to pay in advance. I just setup payment in the app, will pay day of delivery after acceptance.

You should be able to ask your car insurance to backdate coverage to begin on pickup day, that's what I've done and they provided me a temporary ID card that I could upload to the Tesla website. I have State Farm.
You can also wait until pickup date to do final payment I believe. They let us schedule delivery date prior to both of those items being complete on the app so shouldn't impact your delivery date.
Yes, and all you have to do is prove you have insurance on your current car - almost all insurance companies will cover your new car as long as you call them within 24 hours (you can even call them at time of delivery).

Someone on reddit got HW4 on a PF7841XX. Who knows, you might get lucky.

Reactions: pkmody
Wow, that almost sounds like "bait and switch", to be honest.
If you don't mind, what was your trade (make / model)?
2019 Range Rover Velar. 60k miles. No damage, No accidents, pristine condition because thatā€™s how I keep my cars. Estimated trade in value from Tesla was $39k to $42k. Real offer from Tesla was $29,600.

You can buy one now around $40k used so Teslaā€™s real trade in offer ended up being a little higher than others offered. I lost about $30k in value on the car in 2 years. Biggest loss Iā€™ve ever taken on a car. Teslaā€™s estimate is actually what made me pull the trigger on switching to a model Y, so I wasnā€™t too happy their real offer was so much lower.

Iā€™d never buy a Range Rover again for a myriad of reasons but the biggest one being they lose a ton of value in a few years. Cost me tens of thousands in cash out of pocket just to get rid of the car.

hmmmm, doesnā€™t say anything. Canā€™t find it anywhere where it specifically states HW4.
In your GUI menu under Software (where you also see and manage software updates and notes), there may be an area under ā€œAdditional hardware informationā€ or ā€œAuto Pilot Hardware verā€ on my Model S that is where it shows for me. Iā€™ve also noted that inside the mobile app clear at the bottom under ā€œSpecs & Warrantyā€ it lists all the hardware or config of your Tesla.
@AbblePC , can you show the screenshot on your Model S as to where it shows what HW version you got? This way, @Nurse.SLANG can take a pic of that on their car.

I think that this will be the overall proof that the Y, in fact, has HW4. Because here's a thought... what if Tesla just changed suppliers on the cameras and ONLY changed the cameras? I.e. - no "faster CPU", no radar, etc. that would make it truly HW4?

@AbblePC , can you show the screenshot on your Model S as to where it shows what HW version you got? This way, @Nurse.SLANG can take a pic of that on their car.

I think that this will be the overall proof that the Y, in fact, has HW4. Because here's a thought... what if Tesla just changed suppliers on the cameras and ONLY changed the cameras? I.e. - no "faster CPU", no radar, etc. that would make it truly HW4?
;)

Had an interesting discussion about that very thing today!

1685479927623.png

No new cameras for me. I got a little obsessed for a hot minute, almost took a different color car and betrayed my #BlueGang, but I saw the error in my ways.

2019 Range Rover Velar. 60k miles. No damage, No accidents, pristine condition because thatā€™s how I keep my cars. Estimated trade in value from Tesla was $39k to $42k. Real offer from Tesla was $29,600.

You can buy one now around $40k used so Teslaā€™s real trade in offer ended up being a little higher than others offered. I lost about $30k in value on the car in 2 years. Biggest loss Iā€™ve ever taken on a car. Teslaā€™s estimate is actually what made me pull the trigger on switching to a model Y, so I wasnā€™t too happy their real offer was so much lower.

Iā€™d never buy a Range Rover again for a myriad of reasons but the biggest one being they lose a ton of value in a few years. Cost me tens of thousands in cash out of pocket just to get rid of the car.
Thanks a lot for your response!
Sorry to hear about your money loss on that Range Rover.
So what I am hearing is that other trade-in sites (vroom, carmax, carvana, etc) had offered you even less than the $29,600 that Tesla offered? Did you end up trading it in at Tesla?

Surprisingly Tesla Insurance gave me a better deal than Geico did on my two cars. Downside is that it calculates your mileage and driving score every month so premiums could change :eek:
If your Tesla score goes down, will the Tesla Insurance Premium still be lower than Geico?

Many of Tesla Insurance premium could be around the half of other Insurers. I'm wondering how low scores we go will then bring Tesla premium to match others'.

I'm picking it up Friday, so I'll know then. I've asked Tesla a couple of times if they can tell if it's HW3 or HW4, and they always respond "we don't comment on specific parts used in the car . . ." - I could call the service center, but since I'm taking it no matter what, I'll just wait and look for the indications that people have posted here.
I called Tesla today and asked about HW4. They said that my car is how that it does have AP04. She did caveat by saying that, while this is what she sees on her system the car that is delivered can possibly have a different spec. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am also picking up my MYP this Friday!

If your Tesla score goes down, will the Tesla Insurance Premium still be lower than Geico?

Many of Tesla Insurance premium could be around the half of other Insurers. I'm wondering how low scores we go will then bring Tesla premium to match others'.
Right? TBH I had $500 deductibles with Geico and it was $333/month and with Tesla it was $100 cheaper at $220. I opted for $1k deductible and reduced it an additional $14 a month.

Thanks a lot for your response!
Sorry to hear about your money loss on that Range Rover.
So what I am hearing is that other trade-in sites (vroom, carmax, carvana, etc) had offered you even less than the $29,600 that Tesla offered? Did you end up trading it in at Tesla?
Yeah. Some were close and one was even the same. Carvana was the lowest and they offered $24k.

Reactions: flixden