Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by the person who helped with the test drive that they were not allowed to sell cars to out of state customers unless specifically stated as ok on the website- for instance I see inventory options (I am located in VA) for Raleigh, NC but when you open the details page - it says car can only be registered in NC and SC which means they are restricting by state for some reason. Is this true?
Yeah, sadly it is. You CAN get them to transport it, but it'll cost anywhere between $500 - $2000. They technically are not supposed to do this, but I almost paid the $2k for a Blue/White interior 7 seater from Cali a couple of weeks ago.

What annoys me a bit is how Tesla has a pretty decent presence in a lot of states, but they don't have any sort of transportation system ala CarMax. For example, the car that matches my build is only in St Louis, I'm in Chicagoland. They wouldn't transport it for me because it's less than 500 miles. I have to take a train down from Chicago to St. Louis, Uber to Tesla in St. Louis to take delivery.

Got a VIN yesterday and an updated delivery date of 5/29-6/5, of course i'll be out of town from 5/28-6/4 :)
I ordered our MYP MSM / Black interior 5 seat 21“ Uberturbine on May 4th in PA, perhaps we will see a significant update or Vin soon as well. Here’s hoping. As it is now still showing May 27 - June 24 as ODD. All accelerated Delivery options have been MYLR 7 seater, TOW and wrong colors + mainly more in cost due to 7 seater & tow, however lower in performance and smaller wheels.

Waitingfortesla.com currently shows US MY count as LRAWD - 156 MYAWD - 45 PAWD - 3 : not many performance models to go around at the moment. Latest build dates have been in the May 13-16th range. Perhaps this coming week we will see more new builds.

Reactions: Ryan Moser
Is it possible to ask the local center that gives delivery to swap out the 20 inch inductions and put on 19 inch wheels. Some dealers for ICE cars will do this for you if requested. It seems there are just a lot of 20 inch MYs out there, not sure if thats because they prioritize these as they are more expensive or whether this is truly a preference for people ordering.

Is it possible to ask the local center that gives delivery to swap out the 20 inch inductions and put on 19 inch wheels. Some dealers for ICE cars will do this for you if requested. It seems there are just a lot of 20 inch MYs out there, not sure if thats because they prioritize these as they are more expensive or whether this is truly a preference for people ordering.
Not unless you're bringing in the other set of wheels/tires. I don't think thats something they stock for customers (could be wrong).

Yes they said no they will not swap out the 20 inch with 19 inch. Fine I just have to decide whether to wait weeks for the 19 inch or take a chance on the 20 inch and hope the ride is not too bad.
Maybe go talk to someone at a store where they do demo drives and see if they have different MY's with the 19 and 20's and drive them both? Not sure what else to tell ya.

Earliest available pick up date changed to tomorrow (05/20) so made an appointment. Best of luck to us all.
Picked up the car yesterday. After actually seeing the car in person, miles on the odometer seemed high (22) but guess it's not too bad. Spent a lot of time inspecting exterior/interior. Left rear quarter panel has a few tiny (white, car is black) paint bubbles(?) -- looked like dust at first but doesn't wipe off. Actually sent the car in to "service" on the lot to try to have the paint buffed or whatever. No dice. They said they tried but couldn't fix it. Probably needs actual paint work so created a real service appointment before taking the car home.

Also pointed out to them and took pictures of trunk lid bottom not being flush with the bumper (slight "underbite"), under the same service request.

Other than that, everything seemed fine. Although while driving a bit around town today, I noticed a flapping noise (had windows down) from what I thought was the rear right wheel. Pulled over and ended up being rear left wheel plastic cover loose and one of the inner metal clips was falling off. Sigh. Snapped it back into place and seems fine now.

Still no change... seeing movement on other LRs which is encouraging, but with my luck it'll get scheduled for the week I'm out of town helping my mom after a hip replacement... was hoping I'd have it by then and be able to take it on the trip.
And like magic, I get an update!

Update 5/22
MYLR
Blue 5 seat black
Hitch
Ordered 5/1/23
EDD "May-June" 6/5-6/30 6/8-6/17
VIN assigned
Savannah GA

Looks like a Freemont build...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bucketz
MYLR
white
5 seat black interior
20” rims
OD: 5/15
EDD: June-July
EDD1: May23-June6th
no vin
not sure how accurate this first estimated delivery date is but that’s the only update i’ve gotten
there is another one available same build but white interior but not sure if there’s anything wrong with maybe a reject