Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thoughts from folks out here with the 7 seat model. I've ordered the 5 seat, but a 7 seat identical looks to be available. Am I giving up anything? Do the second row seats now operate differently? Same leg room in the second row on 5 seat vs 7 seat? From what I've read, you don't really give up anything for the third row.

Any thoughts from folks out here with the 7 seat model. I've ordered the 5 seat, but a 7 seat identical looks to be available. Am I giving up anything? Do the second row seats now operate differently? Same leg room in the second row on 5 seat vs 7 seat? From what I've read, you don't really give up anything for the third row.
I don't have the 7 seat model, but the space for those seats has to come from somewhere. As I understand it, on the 5 seater there are 2 underfloor storage areas behind the rear seats. In the 7 seater model, the most forward storage area is instead occupied by the 3rd row seats.

You can see the full dimension specs for 5 seats versus 7 seats in the Tesla Model Y owner's manual.

With the 5 seat version you get the following benefits
  • 0.7" more headroom in the 2nd row seats
  • 0.9" less legroom in the 2nd row seats (that is weird)
  • 4.2 cu ft more storage behind the 1st row seats
  • 3.8 cu ft more storage behind the 2nd row seats

Reactions: pkmody
You can see the full dimension specs for 5 seats versus 7 seats in the Tesla Model Y owner's manual.

With the 5 seat version you get the following benefits
  • 0.7" more headroom in the 2nd row seats
  • 0.9" less legroom in the 2nd row seats (that is weird)
  • 4.2 cu ft more storage behind the 1st row seats
  • 3.8 cu ft more storage behind the 2nd row seats
Thanks - looks about what I thought.

MYP
Black/Black

OD: May 20
ODD: June-July
EDD: N/A
VIN: M/A
Location: Utah registration. Florida pick up while out here for work

Hope I did that right. (ODD means delivery date shown after order is placed?) some one help me out if I did it wrong, thanks!

Reactions: In4lo
IT'S HERE! And by here, I mean in St. Louis, where I'll take a train ride and drive Bluey home...

Beyond HYPED

IMG_18352.jpg

MYLR
White/Black, 5 Seat, 19", No tow
OD: May 4
ODD: May-June
EDD: May 21-28
VIN: May 9
Long Island, NY

This is way too soon. How do I know I'm not getting a car that someone else had rejected
My husband just ordered a MYLR also on LI. Blue/black, 5 seat 19" with tow on 5/11. His EDD is 5/30-6/13 currently.... Very similar timing to yours. Seems fast. No VIN yet, though.