Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Near as I can tell, they firm it up during the week before your delivery. (noticed all my numbers on my trade changed last night by a couple hundred dollars)
Would you mind sharing the detailed process of the trade-in? I am still fuzzy on that.
Did they lower your estimate? I thought once they make an offer, it's firm & valid for 30 days.
Did you have to send pictures? What are their requirements for the pics?
I would just like to be prepared. You can directly message me also, if you prefer!
Thanks a lot for any info you can share!

Reactions: bubohoot
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but for those that have scheduled delivery, you can go further out than the delivery date right? Mine currently is May 28th to Jun 6th and i'll be out of town starting the 28th and not back until the 5th, so not sure I'll be able to get there on the 6th. Im thinking it may change for me anyway as I have a VIN, but I still cant schedule, and the window is 3 days away.
They will offer up your car to someone else. That's what happened to my neighbor and they had to wait another 3 weeks...

So tomorrow is the DAY. Train to St Louis, drive back Bluey to Chicago.

Wasn't there a checklist I should be using? I googled it, but there's a flipping ton of them.

Recommendations?

Side note: I'm not a panel gap psychopath, but are there any that are concerning? I've bought/ddrivenAmerican muscle cars. Do you want to see uneven gaps, but a mass-produced anything, especially USA muscle cars.

Edit: annnnnd as I hit send on that I just got a call from St Louis, they ran into an issue with the front fender, and they're putting on an entirely new front fender. Delayed pick up until next week..... Good freaking thing I reached out to make sure we were good to go. Dammit.

So tomorrow is the DAY. Train to St Louis, drive back Bluey to Chicago.

Wasn't there a checklist I should be using? I googled it, but there's a flipping ton of them.

Recommendations?

Side note: I'm not a panel gap psychopath, but are there any that are concerning? I've bought/ddrivenAmerican muscle cars. Do you want to see uneven gaps, but a mass-produced anything, especially USA muscle cars.
Just look over the car as you would any other car. Are there glaring paint imperfections? Do the doors all open and close appropriately? How about the windows, trunk and frunk? Do the seats work? Does the AC work? Radio? Does it drive forward and backward? lol

Just look over the car as you would any other car. Are there glaring paint imperfections? Do the doors all open and close appropriately? How about the windows, trunk and frunk? Do the seats work? Does the AC work? Radio? Does it drive forward and backward? lol
Got it, so what a normal human would do. The gap stuff, while not ENTIRELY unwarranted all the time, is pretty hilarious to me.

I guess the silver lining is the SA helping me through the process is awesome. He's the one who's been looking over the new car, and he didn't like the way the bumper's paint looked after they repaired it. He asked his manager to look at it, and they both agreed just put on a brand-new bumper. He said he's making sure that the car will look like a car he would be ok driving off the lot. He also said it's the end of the quarter and it's f*%king nuts there right now. Man, I was so damn excited to get the car tomorrow though. 😭

E129A517-0CAC-491F-B7FA-6B61B598C32D.jpeg

Uh oh. Guess we’re going to see who did and didn’t make the cut on their Model Y this month. Could be worse… could have paid $15k more for the car 😂🫢

man... I am so happy for everyone taking delivery - but I am so perplexed. I have a black on black MYP on order since 5/8 and I'm in Los Angeles.. Fremont is 5 and a half hours from me yet people with identical if not similar builds from LA too and other states have VINs and delivery dates. I don't have a VIN yet... Tesla is strange!! Explaining this purchasing/waiting process to someone who has no clue about Tesla would be very difficult lol.. Here's to hoping complaining publicly expedites the process 😬😬😬😬

Reactions: bubohoot
man... I am so happy for everyone taking delivery - but I am so perplexed. I have a black on black MYP on order since 5/8 and I'm in Los Angeles.. Fremont is 5 and a half hours from me yet people with identical if not similar builds from LA too and other states have VINs and delivery dates. I don't have a VIN yet... Tesla is strange!! Explaining this purchasing/waiting process to someone who has no clue about Tesla would be very difficult lol.. Here's to hoping complaining publicly expedites the process 😬😬😬😬

You've ensured everything is updated in the app/your account?

You've ensured everything is updated in the app/your account?
Yeah since day 1. Registered name. No trade in. Payment set to cash until I have to change it over to financing. Didn't want to get a loan and potentially have to redo it should the delays continue. But they are all checked green and my app and account says it will notify me when to take the next steps in the delivery process..

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Does this actually affect being assigned a VIN? I've only completed the registration piece as I don't want to value my trade-in until I know it's going to be within the 30 days it's effective.
The trade-in valuation is a range (think low to high), and is not a final offer until they have reviewed the car in person. So, in my opinion, it doesn't matter if you do it early because it is subject to change by Tesla. Also, the trade in range for my low mileage 3 was a very low range, and even if there was a tax advantage allowed in this state, it would have been offset by the low offer.

1685045413658.png