Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have yet to see a change from ODD to EDD Still showing the generic June- July. Anyone else?
Same here, also ordered MYPAWD MS / Black 21” 5seat etc.. no VIN yet no new EDD and from what I am seeing on waiting for tesla.com there has not been many new MY’s built within the last several days. This is aggravating to say the least to also see others ordering after us and getting VIN’s and schedule deliveries and with the same configuration.

And now I'm officially worried, reading on line that basically Tesla notifies you for delivery and you get 3 days and if you can't make it, you go back in line. Being out of town, it sounds like my best hope is my edd changes from 5/28 -6/6 to after 6/5. Does this sound accurate to anyone else? #firstworldproblems.

And now I'm officially worried, reading on line that basically Tesla notifies you for delivery and you get 3 days and if you can't make it, you go back in line. Being out of town, it sounds like my best hope is my edd changes from 5/28 -6/6 to after 6/5. Does this sound accurate to anyone else? #firstworldproblems.
I've heard the same, but have not experienced not being able to make the date. You may want to talk to someone at your nearest delivery center to see how they handle it.

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but for those that have scheduled delivery, you can go further out than the delivery date right? Mine currently is May 28th to Jun 6th and i'll be out of town starting the 28th and not back until the 5th, so not sure I'll be able to get there on the 6th. Im thinking it may change for me anyway as I have a VIN, but I still cant schedule, and the window is 3 days away.
So my experience was I entered my trade information about 3 weeks ago already, prior to receiving a VIN or a DD. It changed slightly a day ago as my DD is now Saturday. The numbers that changed was my payoff on the vehicle being traded in (and thus my down payment). The value they quoted me did NOT change. Although there's threads on this forum of some folks saying that, it didn't happen to me.

I thought it was a bit odd yesterday, then realized quoted payoffs are generally 10 days, so i guess I'm not surprised. I was afraid based on those other threads here that they may change the value, but they did not.

Hope that helps.

Would you mind sharing the detailed process of the trade-in? I am still fuzzy on that.
Did they lower your estimate? I thought once they make an offer, it's firm & valid for 30 days.
Did you have to send pictures? What are their requirements for the pics?
I would just like to be prepared. You can directly message me also, if you prefer!
Thanks a lot for any info you can share!
So Pro tip, get quotes from a few places. If you're ordering a car you should have plenty of time to get a few (if there's one in inventory you'll have alot less time but probably still can). I would wait on the Tesla trade in offer until you have a VIN (or close to it), as their offer is only good for 30 days. When you start the process you'll take and/or attach several pictures of the vehicle you want to trade. In addition you'll take a picture of the registration.

If your trade is valuable enough, even if Tesla is slightly lower than places like carmax or KBB, in most states the trade in value knocks the taxable purchase price down far enough to still make it worth trading in. But it all depends on what these places offer, YMMV.

So my experience was I entered my trade information about 3 weeks ago already, prior to receiving a VIN or a DD. It changed slightly a day ago as my DD is now Saturday. The numbers that changed was my payoff on the vehicle being traded in (and thus my down payment). The value they quoted me did NOT change. Although there's threads on this forum of some folks saying that, it didn't happen to me.

I thought it was a bit odd yesterday, then realized quoted payoffs are generally 10 days, so i guess I'm not surprised. I was afraid based on those other threads here that they may change the value, but they did not.

Hope that helps.
I've put down a bit of a down payment and I have the cashiers check for Tesla for the rest in hand. My issue is simply that I go out of town early morning on the 28th and won be back until the 5th, so if I get a note from Tesla to schedule delivery any time between now and 6/3 (unless by some miracle its early). I'm not going to be able to schedule, and I really dont want to go back in line and wait another 5 weeks and likely more now that the orders are really getting delayed.

How do you know if it’s HW3 or HW4?
I thought I quoted you earlier when I replied, but alas I did not. More info, if you look at your side cameras you should have a line on them if its HW4. Looks like this.

Reactions: bubohoot
I've put down a bit of a down payment and I have the cashiers check for Tesla for the rest in hand. My issue is simply that I go out of town early morning on the 28th and won be back until the 5th, so if I get a note from Tesla to schedule delivery any time between now and 6/3 (unless by some miracle its early). I'm not going to be able to schedule, and I really dont want to go back in line and wait another 5 weeks and likely more now that the orders are really getting delayed.
Chat with your SA, since you don’t have a DD scheduled yet they may be able to work something out.

I thought I quoted you earlier when I replied, but alas I did not. More info, if you look at your side cameras you should have a line on them if its HW4. Looks like this.

Really hoping my saturday delivery has this, might have to run up tomorrow and look on the lot lol.

Alighty doing this for the second time. I ordered my 1st Tesla MYLR Last January 2022, waited 9 months, got the car end of September 2022.

1 week ago, I got into a car wreck= total loss (other guy's fault as he didn't see the red light and ran into me-USB footage caught it all!. No injuries as they are the safest cars out there =)
His insurance paid me out now so i'm ordering again and glad the wait isn't the same time frame as having a baby! LOL
Glad the car is cheaper now but interest rates are much higher....

MYLR
Blue
Black Interior
Gemini wheels
No tow hitch
OD: May 10
ODD: June-July
EDD: None
VIN: None
B88AC496-B25A-4805-AFD5-F76D3A2987D2.jpeg
E135E2EC-EFB2-4BCA-9F98-A71DC3990BDF.jpeg
Took my delivery today! No issues!
Pretty cool, I picked it up from the Fremont factory.

The guy wasn’t supposed to tell me, but it was confirmed with hardware 4. You can tell by the cameras as well since there’s 3 forward cameras.
Came with a trunk cover too!

For those asking if you can push delivery. I waited until the last minute to schedule my delivery, even though I wasn’t ready. (Had to wait on financing). But I scheduled it the farthest date allowed. Then as the day got closer, I was able to call and push the delivery date by a day, they didn’t have issues with it. However, I ended up calling back because I was able to pick it up earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: bubohoot and In4lo
View attachment 941112View attachment 941114Took my delivery today! No issues!
Pretty cool, I picked it up from the Fremont factory.

The guy wasn’t supposed to tell me, but it was confirmed with hardware 4. You can tell by the cameras as well since there’s 3 forward cameras.
Came with a trunk cover too!

For those asking if you can push delivery. I waited until the last minute to schedule my delivery, even though I wasn’t ready. (Had to wait on financing). But I scheduled it the farthest date allowed. Then as the day got closer, I was able to call and push the delivery date by a day, they didn’t have issues with it. However, I ended up calling back because I was able to pick it up earlier.
This is so cool!.
Any chance you can take a couple pics of your side repeater?

So I believe if you get this message, you’d be getting the HWD4.

“"We are taking the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability (if purchased). This new approach enables improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact some features."”