Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20230307001.png
20230307006.png
20230307004.png
20230307003.png

yes, but this doesn't look like the new camera. I'm confused.
it should be like this I believe, picture took from Model S.

Reactions: AJ.. and GS-7
So I believe if you get this message, you’d be getting the HWD4.

“"We are taking the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability (if purchased). This new approach enables improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact some features."”
I'm pretty sure anyone who lost USS got this message and it is completely independent of HW4.

Are there people considering rejecting their order if it does not have HW4 installed? Not a concern for me at this point, as I still have yet to receive an EDD update since ordering on 5/17.
I was able to confirm that the one I ordered did not have HW4. I’m torn on whether or not to reject it. It’s not just FSD that has improved but the cameras are much better and it has higher definition radar. Sucks to buy something brand new and not get the latest and greatest. Even if I rejected it and asked for a new delivery date there’s no guarantee the new one would have HW4.

VIN: Assigned (May 16)
EDD1(May 16): May 19-26
DD: May 22, but Tesla called and pushed it to the 24 because it was delayed in shipping.

All looked good. The washer fluid tubing was not connected up under the cowl (main line and one of the wiper blades). Easy fix did in the pickup lot myself. Make sure you test that.

Car has HW4 (3 front cameras and new larger side pods). VIN is F778xxx for reference.

DD: May 22, but Tesla called and pushed it to the 24 because it was delayed in shipping.

All looked good. The washer fluid tubing was not connected up under the cowl (main line and one of the wiper blades). Easy fix did in the pickup lot myself. Make sure you test that.

Car has HW4 (3 front cameras and new larger side pods). VIN is F778xxx for reference.
Congrats, please do share Photos. Was this a Freemont build ?

I'm pretty sure anyone who lost USS got this message and it is completely independent of HW4.
I know this message is also on their Tesla website but when your VIN is assigned, the message would say “there are some modifications to your car that needs to be acknowledged”. The message is also customized to whatever model you’re getting. You would have to hit accept and acknowledge before moving on with the following steps. I heard some people received this message and some didn’t

Definitely worth it. I haven’t driven a long range but after having my performance for a couple weeks it still blows my mind how fast it is
To be fair, they are all pretty fast compared to what the average driver is used to. Personally, better ride comfort, smaller tires (cheaper to replace down the road) and a bigger battery is more important than the few times I’ll punch it. Also insurance on a “performance” car was much more for me
So tomorrow is the DAY. Train to St Louis, drive back Bluey to Chicago.

Wasn't there a checklist I should be using? I googled it, but there's a flipping ton of them.

Recommendations?

Side note: I'm not a panel gap psychopath, but are there any that are concerning? I've bought/ddrivenAmerican muscle cars. Do you want to see uneven gaps, but a mass-produced anything, especially USA muscle cars.

Edit: annnnnd as I hit send on that I just got a call from St Louis, they ran into an issue with the front fender, and they're putting on an entirely new front fender. Delayed pick up until next week..... Good freaking thing I reached out to make sure we were good to go. Dammit.

I have this bookmarked and ready to rock for when my day comes

Are there people considering rejecting their order if it does not have HW4 installed? Not a concern for me at this point, as I still have yet to receive an EDD update since ordering on 5/17.
I am considering it. I have no plans to buy FSD, but the cameras themselves are improved and allegedly the blindspot in the Model Y is fixed (saw some youtube video a few weeks ago claiming that, no clue how true it is, I wasn't even aware of a blindspot lol).

And yea I don't want to pick up a brand new car at almost $60 with the old system if others are getting the new at the same time.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow.

Reactions: Bucketz
I am considering it. I have no plans to buy FSD, but the cameras themselves are improved and allegedly the blindspot in the Model Y is fixed (saw some youtube video a few weeks ago claiming that, no clue how true it is, I wasn't even aware of a blindspot lol).

And yea I don't want to pick up a brand new car at almost $60 with the old system if others are getting the new at the same time.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow.
Yeah, I'm torn on this decision, too. I don't care for FSD right now, but it would be a bit ridiculous to have a new build and not the latest hardware.

I pick up in about 5 hours, so I'll keep you all posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bucketz

Im pretty sure all MY have 3 front cameras, and in HW4 one of those is a blank and not used.

How do you know when it was built? Just the VIN assignment time?
I got the text of being assigned a VIN at 7am mountain time on May 16th. Asked my SA if it was built on the 15th a day or so later and he said "nope it was built on May 16th", so it had to be early in the day heh.

The "scan my tesla" app will tell you down to the hour and minute I guess, but you need the adaptor for the harness and the OBD2 reader to do it.

Only odd thing is some people got this message when they accepted their new car, some did not. I got one, but I remember someone else stating they didn’t. Don’t pick up my car until 6/2.
I got the message for sure. My bf is adamant it’s HW4 and guy at Tesla confirmed it but I’ll check out the
Only odd thing is some people got this message when they accepted their new car, some did not. I got one, but I remember someone else stating they didn’t. Don’t pick up my car until 6/2.
I definitely got the message. The lenses are bigger it seems and the viewpoint from the cameras in the car is wider than before. This is my 2nd model Y in 8 months lol. My husband is adamant it’s HW4 but I’m not too sure to be honest lol

My SA finally got back to me, and tells me the car I'm picking up tomorrow is HW3.

Kinda disappointed. Between that and Colorado incentives on EV purchases going from $2000 to $5000 on July 1st makes me think I should not accept this car and try to go to the back of the line and wait.

Reactions: retbesla