Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we sure about PF762xxx? there was someone here PF78xxxx and said it was HW3. Maybe the VIN doesnt matter?
I can confirm my VIN “was” PF785xxx, and had HW3. I was supposed to pick it up today. It was literally flawless, other than the big dent in the hatch lid heh. The whole HW3/HW4 thing and CO offering 5k tax rebates starting July 1st I just couldn’t accept it. Put a hold on my order until June 10th, then they will assign a new VIN from somewhere. Hopefully it’ll take 5-6 weeks hehe.

The guy I spoke to at Tesla today said he hadn’t seen a HW4 MY yet, and wouldn’t/couldn’t acknowledge they even exist. Once I mentioned “the internet” he kinda smiled and said they just haven’t seen them yet, but agreed I should hold off.

VIN assigned this morning 👍

New EDD is 6/1 - 6/8

Delivery date requested today, set for 6/3 👍

VIN PF7843
Same order and estimated dates, close to my VIN, in the southeast... you're giving me hope but teasing me too!

Not too worried about HW4 honestly. Don't see it having a huge impact on basic AP, and half the reason I bought the car was that Teslas are the first car I ever truly had fun driving. I'm not letting a computer drive it for me except for long boring trips...

Reactions: Simans82
I can confirm my VIN “was” PF785xxx, and had HW3. I was supposed to pick it up today. It was literally flawless, other than the big dent in the hatch lid heh. The whole HW3/HW4 thing and CO offering 5k tax rebates starting July 1st I just couldn’t accept it. Put a hold on my order until June 10th, then they will assign a new VIN from somewhere. Hopefully it’ll take 5-6 weeks hehe.

The guy I spoke to at Tesla today said he hadn’t seen a HW4 MY yet, and wouldn’t/couldn’t acknowledge they even exist. Once I mentioned “the internet” he kinda smiled and said they just haven’t seen them yet, but agreed I should hold off.
Same boat here in Colorado, I had decided already to be ok with losing out on the increased tax credit since with my tax situation is wasn't quite a $3k difference, but now with missing out on HW4 I'll be waiting it out. Not sure if it is worth still going to my delivery day on the off chance my VIN does have HW4...

Same boat here in Colorado, I had decided already to be ok with losing out on the increased tax credit since with my tax situation is wasn't quite a $3k difference, but now with missing out on HW4 I'll be waiting it out. Not sure if it is worth still going to my delivery day on the off chance my VIN does have HW4...
Same here. I have a car being delivered June 5th. Getting it before July 1st means 3k less tax credit in CO. So I'm not sure what I will do. If its HW4, I think I will take it anyway, if not, maybe reorder in July.

Reactions: Peppers4Peace

Did you go to the Aurora location with payment already done, or ready to pay at delivery and then just told them no because its not HW4?

I called tesla and after a lengthy hold, they were able to confirm my car VIN PF787XXX is HW3. I told them that if i take delivery before July 1st the CO tax credit would be 3k less and i was considering cancelling my order. They recommended to think it over and I can put the order on hold for up to 14 days. Haven't decided what I will do yet. Take car next week with HW3 and 2k tax credit, hold order for 14 days and hope for HW4 and that it doesn't arrive until July, or cancel order and reorder (lose $250 order and $250 price increase).

Did you go to the Aurora location with payment already done, or ready to pay at delivery and then just told them no because its not HW4?
It was at Aurora yea, I had a cashier’s check ready to go. I was leaning towards taking the car but the dent in the hatch killed it for me, as it’s not something they can easily fix due to it’s location, it’d be a whole new hatch.

Reactions: Peppers4Peace