Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We called Tuesday afternoon, yesterday afternoon, and this morning. Doesn't seem like they can do anything when we do, simply say operations has the application and will process it soon...
Sorry to hear. I'd say since you have the back up plan, you should be fine until they get you going. Instead apply for a refi. I read on another thread on here that USSFCU will allow you to refi at whatever rate they get you should it be during or after your delivery. When you call after your account is approved, see if you can get a loan officer on the phone to better assist you.

Reactions: jonjon09
Yeah, I had the pay now button after I setup my ACH, but didn't click it. They keep asking me to, and I explain I will after I accept the car. They seem to have no problem with that response. I don't really think they can require you to pay for something you haven't inspected and picked up.
I was thinking the same and paid anyway, with keeping in mind if delivery is refused it should be just as easy to ACH back the money if need be or in a situation a replacement delivery was too far off.

Reactions: Brown1428
I was thinking the same and paid anyway, with keeping in mind if delivery is refused it should be just as easy to ACH back the money if need be or in a situation a replacement delivery was too far off.
yeah, I just got paranoid reading stories here. These forums are a double edged sword. 🤣 I also don't like paying for something until I see it.

yeah, I just got paranoid reading stories here. These forums are a double edged sword. 🤣 I also don't like paying for something until I see it.
It is smart to be a little paranoid. Personally I would never ever agree to become financially responsible for a car that I have not inspected. Understand inspection prior to payment is not an option in all states.

Reactions: pkmody
It is smart to be a little paranoid. Personally I would never ever agree to become financially responsible for a car that I have not inspected. Understand inspection prior to payment is not an option in all states.
But Lemon Laws are and are a part of the documentation Tesla gives to each delivery recipient. Payment or not there are protection laws in place to receiving damaged goods.

For me this forum was a wealth of information. When I visited the Tesla Showroom for the first time I was shocked by the small size of the showroom and just 2 reps who were overrun by people with questions . I really could not get much out of them apart from how to start the car and fold the middle seat . All other invaluable information has come from this forum and its members!

Reactions: Bucketz
I just left the local Tesla store to drop off our 2021 MY LR lease return, and I was able to see our 2023 MYP that was just dropped off at the lot. Our car and all others that had VINs PF784 and PF786 had HW3. Based on all of the postings since I received my VIN, this doesn't come as a surprise.

Order date 5/1, VIN on 5/16, delivery date requested 5/27, delivery date set for 6/3.

Can't wait to pick it up Saturday! I'll be installing the same Eibach springs/spacers I had on the LR as well as getting it prepped and ceramic coated. Tint is scheduled for next week. Let the fun begin! 👍

View attachment 942992
Any plans of ppf ?

No plans for PPF. We don’t keep cars long enough to justify the cost.
Same here. Especially if I decide to lease, it doesn't make sense that I do PPF for the car, which I won't be able to take over after the lease and Tesla or someone else may use it somewhere or Tesla may just recycle it after my lease.

However, I might risk to pay $ to repair if the dent/ding is more than reasonable tear/wear during the lease term. Overall, PPF is like the insurance option, if you want, you can get it to keep your car in good look and give you a peace of mind.

If I decide to cash buy and keep it for 4+ years, I probably will do full PPF.

Thanks for that info. I'm hoping that I'll get the vin before then, but at least I'll know to reach out to them before then to make sure things remain ready to go.
I just spoke to my loan processing agent, she told me she would honor my rate if my vin does has not been issued since I got approved prior to the new rates. Hopefully whoever you’re dealing with will honor it for you in case they don’t get you your vin on time!

Faced with a dilemma, albeit a good one. Just got a text saying my car has arrived already and I can pick up as early as tomorrow. Only problem is, for whatever reason I waited until Tuesday of this week (didn’t have VIN at the time but felt it was coming soon) to apply for the loan and haven’t heard back from USSFCU yet.

I’m going to call them in a bit but as a backup, I applied through Tesla this morning on the app which approved me through chase almost immediately. So I have that as a fall back option.. But, that would mean that I have to submit payment through the app yet I keep seeing people say they’re reluctant to use the plaid payment processing on the app, any reason why?

I’d probably refi through USSFCU to get that sub 5% rate even if it’s 4.99% lol..
Did you call them?

Reactions: Bucketz
Same here. Especially if I decide to lease, it doesn't make sense that I do PPF for the car, which I won't be able to take over after the lease and Tesla or someone else may use it somewhere or Tesla may just recycle it after my lease.

However, I might risk to pay $ to repair if the dent/ding is more than reasonable tear/wear during the lease term. Overall, PPF is like the insurance option, if you want, you can get it to keep your car in good look and give you a peace of mind.

If I decide to cash buy and keep it for 4+ years, I probably will do full PPF.
I heard that Tesla paint quality is not as Robust as other car manufacturers and get scratched easily . Is that true ? I always ceramic coat my cars and want to do the same to Tesla but just wondering if PPF will make sense due to Tesla inferior paint quality?

Reactions: retbesla