Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good luck, we applied on May 18 at USSFCU and have called every day this week but still don't even have an approved account. According to older reddit posts, Tesla used to match rates, has anyone had any success with that or has that ended? My wife also is approved for Tesla loan but we would obviously rather have the lower rate but seems unlikely we will get a loan by next Tuesday when we don't even have an account yet.
How much are the rates at Tesla? I gotten approved by USSFCU I would apply to tesla to check their rates out too, but if it’s higher than what I’m already getting then I might as well just stay with USSFCU.

When I applied for USSFCU, I had to upload a lot of verification documents before they even approved me for the bank itself. Then I got assigned a loan processor after I got approved for a bank account. I would call them and have a representative have a loan officer callback. That’s how I got someone to pick up my account ASAP. Make sure you upload your driver license, proof of residence, income records etc when you apply for the loan.

Reactions: jonjon09
MYLR
Silver
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
Trailer Hitch
OD: May 31
ODD: June-July
I ordered yesterday. Today it says my delivery date is June1 - June 10. Are they trying to slip a inventory unit on me or is this a pretty common thing which will change over the next few days. No VIN number.

I really don't see how I can get all the paperwork for trade in and payment done in that time. Haven't even got a trade in quote yet.

How much are the rates at Tesla? I gotten approved by USSFCU I would apply to tesla to check their rates out too, but if it’s higher than what I’m already getting then I might as well just stay with USSFCU.

When I applied for USSFCU, I had to upload a lot of verification documents before they even approved me for the bank itself. Then I got assigned a loan processor after I got approved for a bank account. I would call them and have a representative have a loan officer callback. That’s how I got someone to pick up my account ASAP. Make sure you upload your driver license, proof of residence, income records etc when you apply for the loan.
Current Tesla rate is 5.69% so definitely better to stick with USSFCU. Thanks for the advice I will see if a loan officer will talk to us even though we don't even have an account yet.

Reactions: retbesla
Same here. Especially if I decide to lease, it doesn't make sense that I do PPF for the car, which I won't be able to take over after the lease and Tesla or someone else may use it somewhere or Tesla may just recycle it after my lease.

However, I might risk to pay $ to repair if the dent/ding is more than reasonable tear/wear during the lease term. Overall, PPF is like the insurance option, if you want, you can get it to keep your car in good look and give you a peace of mind.

If I decide to cash buy and keep it for 4+ years, I probably will do full PPF.

I’ve never had enough wear and tear that would’ve exceeded the cost of full PPF. This is also assuming the damage would’ve been prevented by the PPF in the first place. If you’re returning a lease with dents/dings/paint gouges that are larger than what a manufacturer allows, I’d likely have many more suggestions regarding general vehicle maintenance than just PPF.

The most consistent excess wear charge that I’ve experienced over the years is tires (~4/32” minimum tread depth requirement by most manufacturers).

How much does PPF cost now? back to 2015, I got partial front for $1000. ( half hood, full bumper)

Most of the examples on the forums regarding avoiding excess wear and tear charges would require the use of full vehicle PPF. The small paint chips on the hood and bumper that are inevitable don’t even get a second glance by the lease intake team.

I like the concept of PPF, and I definitely understand that it’s a great fit for some of the more obsessed among us. Although, I’d have to create a new category of car person if I saw a leased car with full PPF. :)

I’ve never had enough wear and tear that would’ve exceeded the cost of full PPF. This is also assuming the damage would’ve been prevented by the PPF in the first place. If you’re returning a lease with dents/dings/paint gouges that are larger than what a manufacturer allows, I’d likely have many more suggestions regarding general vehicle maintenance than just PPF.

The most consistent excess wear charge that I’ve experienced over the years is tires (~4/32” minimum tread depth requirement by most manufacturers).

Most of the examples on the forums regarding avoiding excess wear and tear charges would require the use of full vehicle PPF. The small paint chips on the hood and bumper that are inevitable don’t even get a second glance by the lease intake team.

I like the concept of PPF, and I definitely understand that it’s a great fit for some of the more obsessed among us. Although, I’d have to create a new category of car person if I saw a leased car with full PPF. :)
I had never heard of PPF or ceramic coating until I ordered a Tesla and joined these forums. 😂😂. I guess that shows my age. We just used to wax …

I heard that Tesla paint quality is not as Robust as other car manufacturers and get scratched easily . Is that true ? I always ceramic coat my cars and want to do the same to Tesla but just wondering if PPF will make sense due to Tesla inferior paint quality?
Ceramic coating is not going to do anything to deter scratches or paint chips. You are fooling yourself if you believe this. PPF will protect the paint to a point. As a rule, I have been PPFing the front of our cars (1/3 of the hood, but recently full hood) for 20 years now. One of our cars with 150k miles still look great with the front PPFed. Note, however, that WHEN (not if) the PPF eventually peels due to rocks causing tears, etc, if you need to remove/replace it, there is a chance that it will peel off along with the paint on your car. This happens regardless of brand of car (I have/had most lux brands). Given what I've seen with Tesla, it's even more likely.

As a rule, anything car-build-related with Tesla relatively sucks... paint quality, fit and finish, ride quality, amenities, user interface, reliability, etc. What we are buying here is software technology, Autopilot, safety and superior charging ability. It's the Mac/Apple of the automotive world. The fit and finish of the Tesla is making my Chevy look like a Lexus... For those old enough, do you remember the "ball bearing" commercial from Lexus maybe 30 years ago? No way in hell would Tesla pass that. But many car manufacturers today would. As for the paint, just do a quick search and read for yourself. Even better, go to your Tesla delivery center and look at the cars that are currently being delivered and judge for yourself.

Here's that ball bearing commercial...

I ordered yesterday. Today it says my delivery date is June1 - June 10. Are they trying to slip a inventory unit on me or is this a pretty common thing which will change over the next few days. No VIN number.

I really don't see how I can get all the paperwork for trade in and payment done in that time. Haven't even got a trade in quote yet.
Thats an “estimated delivery date” as everyone here enters when showing their orders as: EDD June1-10. Unless of course you actually did receive a delivery date at which time they would ask you to choose within a 3 day on average date range to specify which day within those 3 days to take delivery. You would also probably have received a Vin# as well being so soon.

MYLR
Red exterior, black interior
Gemini Wheels
Tow hitch
Originally ordered May 16
Bit on an accelerated delivery in a different color on May 30
Regretted settling on color and changed my order back to red on May 31
EDD is currently June 4-13
Located Woodstock, GA

MYP
white exterior/black interior
OD: 5/31
EDD (6/1): June 9-23

Originally ordered a MYLR mid-April then upgraded to a MYP after receiving the MYLR VIN last week. Received the MYP VIN the same day of switch. The VIN was a bit older than the ones that were already getting assigned/delivered and I was told by the SA via text it had HW4 only to confirm with a Tesla associate that it actually had HW3. Was supposed to take delivery Saturday but ended up cancelling the order to wait for HW4. Hope to finally get the car soon!

Update:
MYP
Black/Black
OD: 5/13/23
ODD: Jun-Jul
EDD: June 3rd - 17th (05/23/23)
EED2 May 29th - June 11 (5/29/23)
VIN: Still no Vin
Update:
MYP
Black/Black
OD: 5/13/23
ODD: Jun-Jul
EDD: June 3rd - 17th (05/23/23)
EED2 May 29th - June 11 (5/29/23)
Planned delivery date 6/7/23
VIN: PF794***
Confirmed HW4 - Just replied to the texts I have been receiving from Tesla to confirm.

I was waiting for a Vin and saw no change. Decided to finance some of the car and after getting Tesla financing I got a Vin and request to schedule delivery within 20 minutes. Not sure if they are connected, but sure does seem like it. Excited for first Tesla.

Today is delivery day for my MYLR (VIN A125xxx). I found out about the HW4 update last night, so a fair amount of anxiety about my VIN probably not including the update. In the end I will take delivery regardless as I don't really want to wait until July for the next one, which as I understand there is no guarantee it would have HW4. I will post back tomorrow to confirm which version it has.

VIN A125xxx is HW3.

• Informative
Reactions: jonjon09
Ceramic coating is not going to do anything to deter scratches or paint chips. You are fooling yourself if you believe this. PPF will protect the paint to a point. As a rule, I have been PPFing the front of our cars (1/3 of the hood, but recently full hood) for 20 years now. One of our cars with 150k miles still look great with the front PPFed. Note, however, that WHEN (not if) the PPF eventually peels due to rocks causing tears, etc, if you need to remove/replace it, there is a chance that it will peel off along with the paint on your car. This happens regardless of brand of car (I have/had most lux brands). Given what I've seen with Tesla, it's even more likely.

As a rule, anything car-build-related with Tesla relatively sucks... paint quality, fit and finish, ride quality, amenities, user interface, reliability, etc. What we are buying here is software technology, Autopilot, safety and superior charging ability. It's the Mac/Apple of the automotive world. The fit and finish of the Tesla is making my Chevy look like a Lexus... For those old enough, do you remember the "ball bearing" commercial from Lexus maybe 30 years ago? No way in hell would Tesla pass that. But many car manufacturers today would. As for the paint, just do a quick search and read for yourself. Even better, go to your Tesla delivery center and look at the cars that are currently being delivered and judge for yourself.

Here's that ball bearing commercial...
So is your advise to PPF and not ceramic coat ? I plan to keep this car for atleast 5 years and if it still runs good give it to my son who will be ready for college by then .

Could not agree more on the build . My 8 year old Honda CRV is more comfortable than the Model Y. Surprisingly my wife and kids told me the most comfortable seat are the Third row in the Y which we will use only occassionally ! Go figure !

Planning to PPF full front to help protect the car a bit from rocks since I live in Vegas and we got a lot of those. Lots of construction going around and trucks carrying rocks. Eventually will ceramic coat to make cleaning easier with all the wind and dust out here 😭 I honestly never done this to ANY of my cars but considering this is my first “luxury” car and I’m paying the amount I am, I want to protect it as much as possible. I guess it depends on where you live!

Reactions: illusion
Planning to PPF full front to help protect the car a bit from rocks since I live in Vegas and we got a lot of those. Lots of construction going around and trucks carrying rocks. Eventually will ceramic coat to make cleaning easier with all the wind and dust out here 😭 I honestly never done this to ANY of my cars but considering this is my first “luxury” car and I’m paying the amount I am, I want to protect it as much as possible. I guess it depends on where you live!
We dont have that many rocks where I live but then if you start taking trips then paint chips are inevitable. I started noticing paint chips on my honda after around 4 years of ownership. I think front ppf makes sense while we do ceramic for the rest.

Theres pros and cons to ppf. I have put it on a few vehicles. The pros are it protects the paint pretty well ans most can self heal from minor scratches so they don’t get swirl marks.

The cons you don’t hear besides price is that it’s fairly easy for the installer to leave imperfections that look worse than no ppf and then any rock chips you get on the ppf will still leave a mark on the ppf so your car still looks bad after awhile and then your left with the choice of paying thousands more to replace it at some point.

So is your advise to PPF and not ceramic coat ? I plan to keep this car for atleast 5 years and if it still runs good give it to my son who will be ready for college by then .

Could not agree more on the build . My 8 year old Honda CRV is more comfortable than the Model Y. Surprisingly my wife and kids told me the most comfortable seat are the Third row in the Y which we will use only occassionally ! Go figure !

All of our cars have front PPF for protection. On top of that and on the rest of the car, I personally do my own ceramic coating since it helps keep the car cleaner (I've tested this to be true). It's just like waxing a car and I'd argue easier. And if anyone else tells you otherwise, they are selling you their services. The ceramic coating also lasts A LOT longer than regular wax or sealants.

Yes, you could accidentally go "heavy" on certain areas, but the "pros" do the same thing. And it would just be a PITA to remove it. Remember long ago when you accidentally waxed black plastic trims on your car and it was a PITA to remove them? Similar issue. If you don't know what I'm talking about or if you don't typically wax your cars, then you're better off paying someone else to do it. Hope this helps!

All of our cars have front PPF for protection. On top of that and on the rest of the car, I personally do my own ceramic coating since it helps keep the car cleaner (I've tested this to be true). It's just like waxing a car and I'd argue easier. And if anyone else tells you otherwise, they are selling you their services. The ceramic coating also lasts A LOT longer than regular wax or sealants.

Yes, you could accidentally go "heavy" on certain areas, but the "pros" do the same thing. And it would just be a PITA to remove it. Remember long ago when you accidentally waxed black plastic trims on your car and it was a PITA to remove them? Similar issue. If you don't know what I'm talking about or if you don't typically wax your cars, then you're better off paying someone else to do it. Hope this helps!
Have you had any issues with the ceramic coat on top of PPF negating the self-healing properties of the PPF? One installer told me he got complaints that his film wasn't healing but come to find out it was because he paid another installer to ceramic coat on top of it. Idk if that had any truth to it or not but that has kept me from doing ceramic on top of PPF, I have only coated the rest of the car.