Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will vouch for this. Ceramic makes a big difference in ease of care if you're a regular vehicle washer like me. My 2021 Model 3 LR was the first time I'd had ceramic on a vehicle and I really enjoyed how easy it was to keep clean because of it.
How much does it cost typically (ballpark idea) and if you can mention the place/city/state etc? (PPF I believe even front would be 1500-2000 range I believe)

Never done that but Tesla has paint issues (at least 2019 models are a pain to wash/clean. Thanks!

MYLR (keeping it cheapish)
White
Gemini wheels
5 seat black Interior
Tow hitch
OD: 24 May
ODD: Jun-Jul
EDD: 20-30 Jun
VIN: none yet
San Jose, CA

Just wondering, how accurate are those EDDs, historically? I'd like to apply for Tesla financing but don't want my loan approval to run out before delivery.

White
Gemini wheels
5 seat black Interior
Tow hitch
San Jose, CA

Just wondering, how accurate are those EDDs, historically? I'd like to apply for Tesla financing but don't want my loan approval to run out before delivery.
I believe tons of MYLR without any options are stacked up in the end of June (my OD:5/5, EDD2: 6/11-30, no VIN).

An interesting FYI about HW4 and VINs. I saw an inventory MYP show up today in my region and asked my SA for the VIN (which he kindly gave me). I had the insider guy on reddit check it, and it turned out to have HW4. The VIN was F7874xx, which is MUCH lower than widely reported for the Fremont HW4 transition. I suspect the original VIN owner released the car thinking it was HW3. Unfortunately, by the time I learned it was HW4, the car had been scooped up. Still awaiting my own HW3 delivery...

Reactions: vijay_vj
Faced with a dilemma, albeit a good one. Just got a text saying my car has arrived already and I can pick up as early as tomorrow. Only problem is, for whatever reason I waited until Tuesday of this week (didn’t have VIN at the time but felt it was coming soon) to apply for the loan and haven’t heard back from USSFCU yet.

I’m going to call them in a bit but as a backup, I applied through Tesla this morning on the app which approved me through chase almost immediately. So I have that as a fall back option.. But, that would mean that I have to submit payment through the app yet I keep seeing people say they’re reluctant to use the plaid payment processing on the app, any reason why?

I’d probably refi through USSFCU to get that sub 5% rate even if it’s 4.99% lol..
Loan got situated. E-signed all paperwork this am, check was overnighted via Fedex from USSFCU and added GAP insurance. Delivery re-scheduled from Sunday to tomorrow at 12pm at the SC 14 minutes from my place. Tint and Ceramic Coating scheduled for Monday. Definitely excited. I will post some pics when I get the car..

Reactions: bcs127 and Simans82
White
Gemini wheels
5 seat black Interior
Tow hitch
San Jose, CA

I believe tons of MYLR without any options are stacked up in the end of June (my OD:5/5, EDD2: 6/11-30, no VIN).

MYLR
White/White
OD: 5/13/23
EDD: June 9- 30th (05/23/23)
EED2 June 16 - June 23 (6/2/23)
VIN: PF796***
Should be HW4
Another simple W/W MYLR here. My OD: 5/7, EDD 2: 6/20 - 6/30.

No VIN. Usually, the finally EDD sticks with the range. But, I did see some others getting EDD 3 or more with the further delay.

White
Gemini wheels
5 seat black Interior
Tow hitch
San Jose, CA

Just realized that you're in San Jose, and you have Tow, so I bet your car's priority is higher than those who don't have Tow or farther away. :)

Before ordering my MYLR, I was told that the car would arrive earlier if getting MYP or selecting other colors.

How much does it cost typically (ballpark idea) and if you can mention the place/city/state etc? (PPF I believe even front would be 1500-2000 range I believe)

I got a quote from my preferred local shop (Raleigh, NC area) for $2,080 for full front coverage of self-healing PPF and $880 for ceramic. I'll add tint and then there's a local sales tax on top of that.

Reactions: AJ..
Have you had any issues with the ceramic coat on top of PPF negating the self-healing properties of the PPF? One installer told me he got complaints that his film wasn't healing but come to find out it was because he paid another installer to ceramic coat on top of it. Idk if that had any truth to it or not but that has kept me from doing ceramic on top of PPF, I have only coated the rest of the car.

Never noticed this or if it were happening, it's insignificant enough that I don't notice it. And I notice A LOT. I'm the type of person that can point things out that normal people wouldn't care about. Like for example, I noticed that it looks like ALL Tesla doors appear to be pre-dinged. But in reality, their suppliers suck such that all the doors look wavy under certain lighting. These were all brand new cars that were being delivered.

Reactions: jonjon09
Update (!!): changed color from white to red today and delivery update from June - July to 31May - 9June

MYLR
Red
7 Seat Black Interior
20" Induction (still debating if is should order the 19" instead & sell off to buy aftermarket 19" in black color)
Tow Hitch
OD: May 27 (changed color from white to red May 31)
ODD: 31 May - 9 June
EDD: awaited
VIN: awaited

Changed to 19” after a lot of reading up.

Super noob question (moving to the US from Canada) trying to figure all the additional costs to the base price like title, registration, taxes etc (NJ).

I see the attached from the Tesla app but it doesn’t show the 6.625% sales tax. Does that show up later at some stage?

Attachments

• IMG_3874.jpeg
    IMG_3874.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 82
If I have an assigned VIN and a delivery window (not a date, window of 1 week, no date scheduled) and for some reason I decide to cancel the purchase I understand I will loose the 250$ order fee but will they also charge me shipping/destination fee etc since I cancelled after the VIN was given? I just wanted to know the options in case.

Super noob question (moving to the US from Canada) trying to figure all the additional costs to the base price like title, registration, taxes etc (NJ).

I see the attached from the Tesla app but it doesn’t show the 6.625% sales tax. Does that show up later at some stage?
Here in Texas I believe you pay the sales tax direct to the county when you register the car. Maybe the same for you?

My taxes were a part of that middle section. It came out to about $4,900 that could not be a part of finance. Therefore, I had to pay it out of pocket as a "down payment" which really doesn't go into the finance part. So really, it's $0 down but not really $0 down LOL