Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR
Red
7 Seat White Interior
29" Wheels
OD: May 21
ODD: June 1 - June 16
VIN assigned : May 30
Picked up: 06/06

Drove home and later went for a extended leisure drive with family. This car drives awesome & smooth! Cannot wait to explore all the features. There are some road damages in the freeways in our area and the 19'' seemed to handle them pretty well, same as my BMW X5. I found the drive to be quite as there is no pronounced engine noise as such, again comparing to X5.

The white interior on Red just looks & feels cool. I did take a chance getting it with kids though :) And already there are smudge marks from eating in car. I was easily able to get them off. So, while I am not concerned about the marks on the the white seat, the chore of keeping them clean always is not something I look forward to (as I usually do not spend time more than needed on cleaning cars). In hindsight maybe black would work out better with children. However, however, still the white just looks just amazing !!

I had decided not to go for EA right away. But was surprised to see, that with basic auto pilot, the car is able to recognize the signals turning green and alerting me to that ( except for one turn where I drove by few times where it could not, maybe due to the angle of the signal lights ).

I was not aware of the HW3 / HW4 and got to know only after reading through these forum. I had called up the SA after VIN was assigned. Dashed all my hopes, that there is no such thing as HW4 on Model Ys at all :) And they would not even confirm about Matrix headlights. Maybe, they are directed not to. Happened to check through on reddit forum by providing VIN where confirmed it was HW4. Still due to experience with SA, I was not sure what to expect.

During pickup today, even before checking in, first thing I did was go find the car in parking lot ( had my name on it ) and looked for red tinted camera's and other tell tale signs. It is a HW4 !

Happy driving all and hope you get your VIN's assigned & delivery dates confirmed soon with the HW that you are looking forward to !

Out of curiosity, did they point it out to you or did you have to find it yourself and point it out to them?

I'm surprised you accepted the vehicle like that.

Took delivery of my MYP in fife, WA today. Had HW4 as expected and would have been pretty flawless if not for this paint defect on the trunk. View attachment 944640
View attachment 944641
It has a dark patch almost like they didn’t spray enough undercoat or something. I’m guessing they is going to need to be in the shop for awhile to sand and respray:(. I have an appointment for Thursday.

The 32500 is worth about 34500 for a trade in FL.
True here in Texas as well. However, trading in to Tesla requires signing over the title and sending it in Fedex Overnight before you ever see your Tesla car. So, if for some reason you decide to reject your new car, they've already got your endorsed title and all the paperwork necessary to sell it to someone else.

Not saying that Tesla would steal my truck, but stuff happens when humans are involved. It's not without risks.

True here in Texas as well. However, trading in to Tesla requires signing over the title and sending it in Fedex Overnight before you ever see your Tesla car. So, if for some reason you decide to reject your new car, they've already got your endorsed title and all the paperwork necessary to sell it to someone else.

Not saying that Tesla would steal my truck, but stuff happens when humans are involved. It's not without risks.
Weird, must be a Texas thing due to the "no direct sales". I just had to bring my title with me, and we signed it over AFTER we accepted the car.

MYLR
Blue
White
5 seat
19" wheels
EAP
Towing.
OD 5/10
ODD - Jun-Jul
EDD - Jun-Jul, then Jun 10-30, now back to Jun-Jul.
What the heck? Why is Tesla punishing me? All I did is agree to give them a bunch of money in exchange for a specific config. How does the schedule move backward?

I ordered same as you except for red paint with white interior on 03/22. have received several changes in EDDs and suggestions about other available cars so I know that my App is up to date. EDD now June 15 - 29, changed from June 24 - June 30. No VIN yet, talking to SA today in Baltimore.

Took delivery of my MYP in fife, WA today. Had HW4 as expected and would have been pretty flawless if not for this paint defect on the trunk. View attachment 944640
View attachment 944641
It has a dark patch almost like they didn’t spray enough undercoat or something. I’m guessing they is going to need to be in the shop for awhile to sand and respray:(. I have an appointment for Thursday.
Personally, I would just ignore this defect. Its not very noticeable and the paint appears to be well adhered. IMO, paint work after build is never as durable/long lasting as factory paint work.

Reactions: SeanTT and Alonzo
Assigned VIN PF802XXX this morning with updated delivery of June 19-25! Also was prompted to agree to Tesla Vision terms.
A VIN is progress!! I ordered exact same car on the same day. I'm in San Diego. Still waiting for VIN and still have EDD of 6/5 - 6/17...I'm guessing 6/5, 6/6, and 6/7 are out of the question....🤣🤣).

Interestingly, the graphic of my car disappeared and was replaced with a link to look at a car available now (Blue MYLR, 7 seat 🙄).

Personally, I would just ignore this defect. Its not very noticeable and the paint appears to be well adhered. IMO, paint work after build is never as durable/long lasting as factory paint work.
I'm surprised...To each his/her own, but I wouldn't even accept that car, let alone ignore it (I guess OP is the happy medium between us)... Just seems to me that for $60k, they could at least get the paint correct. I'd also be concerned that all 7 layers weren't applied and would result in different wear patterns down the road.

Reactions: id436eg9045
I'm surprised...To each his/her own, but I wouldn't even accept that car, let alone ignore it (I guess OP is the happy medium between us)... Just seems to me that for $60k, they could at least get the paint correct. I'd also be concerned that all 7 layers weren't applied and would result in different wear patterns down the road.
Agreed. This is a personal risk/reward decision. To me its small stuff, but to some this could be a deal-breaker.

Reactions: LegalMike
Within a day. It ended up expiring as my car took over 30 days to arrive, but when they renewed it, I only needed to provide a new picture of my odometer, and they changed to offer down by 300.00. Still was the best with Tax savings. And it was incredibly easy. They moved the license plate over for me, inspected nothing, and trade was complete.
what state are you in, does it really save taxes? b/c you are essentially "paying" for the price of the new vehicle with your trade in