Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some photos. Got my car ceramic coated and full ceramic tint including the windshield.. loving it.. unfortunately it decided to rain in Los Angeles last night.. my luck.. so gotta take it back to make sure the coat wasn’t messed up.. either way.. if in LA.. I recommend Technic auto spa in Alhambra.. great service.. happy ordering/waiting/VINing/pick up/driving my friends!

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpeg
    IMG_0651.jpeg
    381.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0655.jpeg
    IMG_0655.jpeg
    344.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0661.jpeg
    IMG_0661.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 80
UPDATE #3!!!! 06/07
VIN assigned today... PF803XXX
Asked to schedule delivery
Was prompted on the app to accept Tesla Vision. Not sure if anyone has gotten this, but I want to assume because of this that it will be coming with HW4.. Waiting to hear back from my SA to confirm both HW4 and matrix headlights
It doesn't mean HW4. I got the same Tesla Vistion thing to accept for my first VIN and it was a HW3 car.

I come check on this thread every couple days and everyone keeps asking if their vehicle will have HW4. I'm not sure why people are even questioning it anymore when they receive a new VIN at this point. I don't think there's a single VIN above PF790xxx that isn't HW4. So simply put, if your number is higher than that, you have zero reasons to worry. And for perspective, they already have VINs above 800xx, which means it's a guarantee at this point.

UPDATE #3!!!! 06/07
VIN assigned today... PF803XXX
Asked to schedule delivery
Was prompted on the app to accept Tesla Vision. Not sure if anyone has gotten this, but I want to assume because of this that it will be coming with HW4.. Waiting to hear back from my SA to confirm both HW4 and matrix headlights
Glad to see some more movement on cars here. I think my white seats / LR are keeping me in the backlog. Hopefully within the next couple weeks they will start being available

Reactions: pkmody
Some photos. Got my car ceramic coated and full ceramic tint including the windshield.. loving it.. unfortunately it decided to rain in Los Angeles last night.. my luck.. so gotta take it back to make sure the coat wasn’t messed up.. either way.. if in LA.. I recommend Technic auto spa in Alhambra.. great service.. happy ordering/waiting/VINing/pick up/driving my friends!
If this is your first Black car then I will want to wish you all the best . They are a but of a hassle to maintain but they look just awesome!
Been searching through the site, is the price of the MY with HW3 the same price as what someone would have paid that received HW4?
Yes !

Reactions: Tazman81
MYLR
Red
7 Seat White Interior
29" Wheels
OD: May 21
ODD: June 1 - June 16
VIN assigned : May 30
Picked up: 06/06

Drove home and later went for a extended leisure drive with family. This car drives awesome & smooth! Cannot wait to explore all the features. There are some road damages in the freeways in our area and the 19'' seemed to handle them pretty well, same as my BMW X5. I found the drive to be quite as there is no pronounced engine noise as such, again comparing to X5.

The white interior on Red just looks & feels cool. I did take a chance getting it with kids though :) And already there are smudge marks from eating in car. I was easily able to get them off. So, while I am not concerned about the marks on the the white seat, the chore of keeping them clean always is not something I look forward to (as I usually do not spend time more than needed on cleaning cars). In hindsight maybe black would work out better with children. However, however, still the white just looks just amazing !!

I had decided not to go for EA right away. But was surprised to see, that with basic auto pilot, the car is able to recognize the signals turning green and alerting me to that ( except for one turn where I drove by few times where it could not, maybe due to the angle of the signal lights ).

I was not aware of the HW3 / HW4 and got to know only after reading through these forum. I had called up the SA after VIN was assigned. Dashed all my hopes, that there is no such thing as HW4 on Model Ys at all :) And they would not even confirm about Matrix headlights. Maybe, they are directed not to. Happened to check through on reddit forum by providing VIN where confirmed it was HW4. Still due to experience with SA, I was not sure what to expect.

During pickup today, even before checking in, first thing I did was go find the car in parking lot ( had my name on it ) and looked for red tinted camera's and other tell tale signs. It is a HW4 !

Happy driving all and hope you get your VIN's assigned & delivery dates confirmed soon with the HW that you are looking forward to !
Thanks for your post man! Its nice to see some positive delivery experiences. I have my delivery scheduled now June 18!

I've never been a fan of black cars, but seeing pics like these gives me a little regret on ordering red. They look so elegant, yet still don't sacrifice sportiness.

Absolutely beautiful!

Reactions: Bucketz
I've never been a fan of black cars, but seeing pics like these gives me a little regret on ordering red. They look so elegant, yet still don't sacrifice sportiness.

Absolutely beautiful!
Maintaining a black car for 8 years now. Used to wax every quarter, then moved to diy ceramic every 2 years with regular cleaning using quick detailers. Despite all the efforts it still gets dirty. This time decided for a white car ... lol

Maintaining a black car for 8 years now. Used to wax every quarter, then moved to diy ceramic every 2 years with regular cleaning using quick detailers. Despite all the efforts it still gets dirty. This time decided for a white car ... lol

What makes even less sense for me to admit my regrets is that I detailed for Porsche back in the early 2000s and even up until 4 years ago I ran a very successful detail shop. Not only that, but my wife has owned only black vehicles for the past 12 years.

I of all people know all about the headaches of maintaining black paint, and how a clean black vehicle will be the most exciting 5 minutes of an owner's week, and yet I laid in bed just 2 nights ago not sleeping looking at black MYP pics and highly considering changing my order. I'm not a smart man.

The next morning my VIN was assigned so I'm committed to red now.

What makes even less sense for me to admit my regrets is that I detailed for Porsche back in the early 2000s and even up until 4 years ago I ran a very successful detail shop. Not only that, but my wife has owned only black vehicles for the past 12 years.

I of all people know all about the headaches of maintaining black paint, and how a clean black vehicle will be the most exciting 5 minutes of an owner's week, and yet I laid in bed just 2 nights ago not sleeping looking at black MYP pics and highly considering changing my order. I'm not a smart man.

The next morning my VIN was assigned so I'm committed to red now.
I guess that answers my question.
Was going back and forth between msm and red for my MYP.
Just had my VIN assigned this morning.
Can’t change the color now without canceling?