Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again it works like a debit card. You have to have enough money in your bank account when you pay the final payment. I think the money will be deducted right away.
Thanks. I set it up and the only option is “pay”.

So I paid it anyway.

It is the lease, so the amount is small. Hopefully this won’t deny my right to reject the car if the car has serious defects.

Reactions: TJ2000
I have a question about the finance part. If I get my Vin and I end up rejecting it because of some QC issues, do I need to take the loan again because it is linked to 1st vin? I am confused with this process. My loan is approved but the CU asked for sale agreement which will be generated after I get the vin assigned. I will upload or send it to the loan officer for my check to be disbursed. On the delivery day if I reject the VIN the check needs to reissued as it's tied to first VIN?

I have a question about the finance part. If I get my Vin and I end up rejecting it because of some QC issues, do I need to take the loan again because it is linked to 1st vin? I am confused with this process. My loan is approved but the CU asked for sale agreement which will be generated after I get the vin assigned. I will upload or send it to the loan officer for my check to be disbursed. On the delivery day if I reject the VIN the check needs to reissued as it's tied to first VIN?
If you do not have a VIN ready by the time your loan offer expires, you will need to reapply for your loan. I heard someone said that some banks will ask for the check to come back if you reject your vin because they will need to issue a new one and if it surpassed your expiration of original loan, they will run your credit again.

Reactions: Sai Ko
If you do not have a VIN ready by the time your loan offer expires, you will need to reapply for your loan. I heard someone said that some banks will ask for the check to come back if you reject your vin because they will need to issue a new one and if it surpassed your expiration of original loan, they will run your credit again.
Ok loan was approved just recently. I applied after I got EDD popped up. So if I reject the vin will I have the bank run credit check again considering my loan offer didn't expire ?

MYLR
Midnight Silver Metallic
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 29th
ODD: June - July
EDD: June 20 - June 29th
EDD 2: On June 13th the VIN was removed for some reason and Tesla reached out
EDD 3: On June 16th the same VIN was re-added back and I was able to set a Delivery Date
DD: June 23rd
VIN: 7SAYGDEE4PF803XXX (Assigned June 12th)

The whole missing VIN and the call from Tesla threw me for a loop but I think they just had some mix up or I was notified too early as the date the VIN was created was June 10th and I got it 2 days later and was able to setup a delivery date, then it all went away a day after that. Now we are back with the same VIN and delivery date. Cannot wait, just got the wall charger today and plan to finish the install tomorrow (Already ran conduit and the wiring)

Glad to see folks are starting to get VIN's for the May orders now. I stopped at a Tesla store last night and talked with the guy I ordered from and told him my EDD is now May 21-June 4 and he told to roughly expect a VIN on Tues/Wed this coming week. He said "Generally once you get that date range it means your car is scheduled to be built and it's usually right around 5 days before that range starts". So assuming he's correct I should hear something maybe Tuesday. And no I asked right away if he could see the schedule lol.

He did say "generally", so I assume there's exceptions, but hopefully means I can check the app less for the next few days lol.
So was your timeframe accurate to what the SA at the store said?

I was in a situation where I applied for a loan with a CU, got my VIN, was sent the check but decided to cancel my order to wait for HW4. I was told to send the check back (bc it's tied to the VIN) and was apply for a new loan. My initial interest rate was 3.99% back in April and was told by some loan staff that I could try to keep my rate since it doesn't expire until 6/18. I wasn't able to keep it and ended up getting qualified for 4.79% since rates have increased since April.

So yes, you'll have to send the check back and be issued a new one with the new VIN. The loan is tied to the VIN.

Not entirely true. I've heard reports that some MY owners have it preinstalled from Tesla PPF/Mudflaps, but apparently it is tied to region or so we are led to believe. That's why I was curious because I had already ordered mine, and I just wanted to make sure I still needed them.

Update to share: SA advised me that my MYP is currently inbound (in transit) from CA to Houston. So excited!
Anxiously waiting for my MYLR but my buddy just received his and it came with the PPF and mudflaps. So maybe a NW region thing.. If mine does I guess I will return the PPF and mudflaps I ordered out of excitement... LOL

I was in a situation where I applied for a loan with a CU, got my VIN, was sent the check but decided to cancel my order to wait for HW4. I was told to send the check back (bc it's tied to the VIN) and was apply for a new loan. My initial interest rate was 3.99% back in April and was told by some loan staff that I could try to keep my rate since it doesn't expire until 6/18. I wasn't able to keep it and ended up getting qualified for 4.79% since rates have increased since April.

So yes, you'll have to send the check back and be issued a new one with the new VIN. The loan is tied to the VIN.
I opted for 3yrs term and got 4.49%. I don't want to loose my credit score with inquiries 😂 I hope for better built Y and need not reject vin

Another update. I had to reach out to the SA 508# to have them release my MVPA for my loan funding, and this also caused my EDD to move up. 🤷‍♂️

MYP
MSM / Black Int
Tow
OD: 5/23
EDD1: June-July
EDD2: June 26-30
EDD3: June 22-30 (as of 6/18)
VIN: PF8089xx (Assigned 6/13)
MVPA released on 6/18

Anxiously waiting for my MYLR but my buddy just received his and it came with the PPF and mudflaps. So maybe a NW region thing.. If mine does I guess I will return the PPF and mudflaps I ordered out of excitement... LOL
Interesting. Full PPF, or the PPF in the front and the lower door parts?

As for mud flaps, yesterday I saw 5 Tesla MY on the same block of streets. 3 of them are with mud flaps and 2 of them have their front mud flaps broken. Those bottom parts are either scratched or cut irregularly. It appears they don’t last long when hitting bumps or potholes here. Or some brands of mud flaps are made of the bad/hard materials.