Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5-seat White/White MYLR
19" Gemini
OD: May 29
EDD: June - July
EDD 2: June 17 - June 30
EDD 3: June 18 - June 30
EDD 4: June 19 - June 30
EDD 5: June 20 - June 30
EDD 6: June 21 - June 30
EDD 7: June 22 - June 30
VIN: PF814

VIN just assigned! Looks like NorCal folks getting their orders soon!
Delivery already scheduled for Saturday, 24th. Things moving very fast!

Most likely back to square one.

I paid off my current car and the financer is dragging ass to get me the title(even though I gave them my fedex info to overnight it) so I wont have my tradein title prior to delivery date.

Strong chance I have to release VIN and go back in line once I have my title in hand.
I don't have my title either. I paid it off on June 1, and is supposed to take 15-30 days to receive it from DMV (CA). If I don't have it by the time I take delivery, I will probably have to go into DMV and pay a fee to have a new title printed. Still don't know if that will be possible. I may have to sell to Carmax or another dealer that has access to title, to avoid the hassle.

MYLR: White Exterior / Black Interior, Tow Hitch added June 19th.

OD: May 3
ODD: May - June
EDD: June 8 - June 30
EDD 2: June 12 - June 26
EDD 3: June 13 - June 26
EDD 4: June 14 - June 26
EDD 5: June 15 - June 27
EDD 6: June 16 - June 27
EDD 7: June 17 - June 27
EDD 8: June 18 - June 28
EDD 9: June 19 - June 28
Added on Tow Hitch
EDD 10: June 20 - June 29
EDD 11: June 21 - June 30
EDD 13: June 22 - June 30
VIN: TBD
Bay Area

Dear Teslerrlaaaa,

Don’t you go breaking my hearrrtttt.

Yours truly.

MYLR: White Exterior / Black Interior, Tow Hitch added June 19th.

OD: May 3
ODD: May - June
EDD: June 8 - June 30
EDD 2: June 12 - June 26
EDD 3: June 13 - June 26
EDD 4: June 14 - June 26
EDD 5: June 15 - June 27
EDD 6: June 16 - June 27
EDD 7: June 17 - June 27
EDD 8: June 18 - June 28
EDD 9: June 19 - June 28
Added on Tow Hitch
EDD 10: June 20 - June 29
EDD 11: June 21 - June 30
EDD 13: June 22 - June 30
VIN: TBD
Bay Area

Dear Teslerrlaaaa,

Don’t you go breaking my hearrrtttt.

Yours truly.
No way you don't get it soon!

After I noticed that my VIN was assigned, I completed the insurance section right away not to delay anything any further. I had to upload a photo of my current insurance policy and that was it. I decided a while back that I didn’t want to get Tesla’s insurance so I got a quote from my current insurance (Connect through Costco) and they gave me a good quote so I decided to stick with them. That was last night around 11PM PST and when I woke up this morning at 7AM I had a text telling me to schedule my delivery.
Hi Julia!
The photo of your current insurance policy that you submitted, did that have the Tesla listed on it, or not?

Nah I was just comparing one of Lexus with Model y when I would break even. Tesla insurance is also way higher. So thinking of just getting Lexus and cancel Tesla
With the same price, ppl may get more equipment/features/comfort out of other cars. However, Tesla is in its own category, and it's hard to compare with other cars.

My target vehicles this time are all EV or PHEV, and I do have the Range Anxiety. In the end, Tesla is the winner since Superchargers are everywhere. And the reliability of Superchargers is also the key. The well established charging network for Tesla is the primary reason that I've decided to go with Tesla.

The photo of your current insurance policy that you submitted, did that have the Tesla listed on it, or not?
I just submitted my current proof of insurance. It did not have the Tesla listed yet.
Don't know the rule in your state, but in where I'm, we need to have VIN listed in the Insurance Policy/Card. And, if it's leased/financed, the lessor/dealer all want to see the vehicle is listed properly with the sufficient projections/policies as well.

Don't know the rule in your state, but in where I'm, we need to have VIN listed in the Insurance Policy/Card. And, if it's leased/financed, the lessor/dealer all want to see the vehicle is listed properly with the sufficient projections/policies as well.
I.would assume at pickup, but not to schedule the DD, correct?
I am paying cash, so I am puzzled anyways why Tesla needs my insurance info. It shouldn't technically be any of their business once I sign and they have the money ...

With the same price, ppl may get more equipment/features/comfort out of other cars. However, Tesla is in its own category, and it's hard to compare with other cars.

My target vehicles this time are all EV or PHEV, and I do have the Range Anxiety. In the end, Tesla is the winner since Superchargers are everywhere. And the reliability of Superchargers is also the key. The well established charging network for Tesla is the primary reason that I've decided to go with Tesla.
Looking at all manufacturers adopting NACS I am not sure how superchargers will fare. I don't know if there would be any exclusivity with Tesla owners. If you see some supercharger stations in bay area it will be always busy and occupied

Thanks! As in the card you carry with you in the car? I am asking because I am on vacation with like one bar of reception, but I may be able to submit a photo of that card in my truck. (If Tesla decides to give me a VIN today or tomorrow ...)
Yup, same card you carry on your car. Not sure what the qualifications are, like if you have to have collision or comprehensive and what not. Might depend on if you’re financing or not?

Reactions: flixden