Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a really strange message today from the delivery team stating that they were unable to secure a temporary tag due to processing delays from my county. They forced me to reschedule 5 days out, so now my pick up date is 6/30. Wow. This doesn't make any sense, as these tags are delivered digitally via website form. I think the vehicle is delayed in transit and worst case, they found serious damage to the vehicle and had to send it to body shop.

Finally it is my turn to pick up MYLR W/W. My originally scheduled pickup would be next Monday.

In crowded delivery area, 16 out of 23 are MY. 13 out 16 MY today is white exterior color. 3 out of 13 white MY, have no matrix, are either from Austin or without HW4. And more white MY are outsides waiting for the next hour’s delivery.

I was able to inspect the car in/out before signing all the papers. The battery is about 72% and I tested and charged onsite to 77%.

Except gaps in rear doors/trunk and some tiny items misplaced insides, overall mine is good.

With so many new cars onsite, I saw Fremont generally has better build quality.

Thanks all for staying with me in the past 48-days. Your assistance and courage really help me survive in such TDAD (Tesla Delivery Anxiety Disorder) days.

Good luck to all who are still waiting for MY. Wish you all get the good delivery in the next couple of days. And wish those in CO got the good ones right on July 1.

Enjoy!!!

@Frostburn I am happy that you received your vehicle without any issues. Although I am a little disappointed that I ordered the same exact configuration as you May 14th with delivery to Norfolk… my first opportunity for delivery was scheduled for this Sunday 5/25, but then I received a text stating delivery was running late and I was forced to reschedule. Currently have delivery scheduled for Monday 6/26… fingers crossed that it doesn’t slip again.
Same story. Was supposed to pickup tomorrow. SA texted me and said it was delayed and asked to pick up on 06/27. I said I am traveling and they said they cannot delay more than 06/30. I said I can pickup on 06/26 but they can confirm only tomorrow. They are really pushing for max June sales !

Just picked up my MYLR! Overall, the delivery was smooth and no major issues. If I’m being picky, there were some alignment issues but I didn’t mind enough to reject as I don’t think any build will be absolutely perfect. Most important for me was the windshield and glass alignment and those looked spot on.

Got to inspect the exterior and interior for as long as we wanted and then submitted final payment via the app once we accepted delivery.

Drive home was a bit nerve-wracking in the new car but happy to finally have it home and can get the summer started!

Just picked up my MYLR! Overall, the delivery was smooth and no major issues. If I’m being picky, there were some alignment issues but I didn’t mind enough to reject as I don’t think any build will be absolutely perfect. Most important for me was the windshield and glass alignment and those looked spot on.

Got to inspect the exterior and interior for as long as we wanted and then submitted final payment via the app once we accepted delivery.

Drive home was a bit nerve-wracking in the new car but happy to finally have it home and can get the summer started!
Any paint imperfections? Also please detail the alignment issues which you saw.

Reactions: Forata
Picking mine up in Richmond on Sunday. We’re you allowed to look over and inspect before accepting delivery?
Yes we went in because I couldn't start the process from the app on my phone (Turns out they need to take their own photos after they receive the vehicle to start the owner acceptance process). They gave me the card keys and walked out with me and said to look it over and offered to answer any questions I had. They took some photos of the car while we were talking to another couple that was also picking up their Model Y and then he again said if I needed anything to let him know and take as much time with it as I needed to before accepting. It was a nice easy process and I am super happy with the quality of our build. The car is so much fun to drive, I'm not sure I'll ever get used to how effortlessly it moves.

Does anyone know.. for the final payment is it just the payment that is on Tesla? It doesn’t include my loan amount but since my two day window is only Sunday and Monday, I can’t even get my check sent overnight cause they’re not opened. 🙄

But the amount they’re saying for final payment is just my down payment amount. So should I just be paying the down payment for now?

The associate when I asked, all he said was.. please keep us updated. Like what?!