Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For everyone who picked up already, would you recommend picking up from Fremont or getting it delivered to your home? Any pros and cons?
Pickup is always better. Don't get it delivered. You have better chance to reject if there's any major issues like paint defects etc. If you get it delivered they will say they will fix it. I don't feel good getting the paint damages fixed

Reactions: Bucketz and nhuqt
Update 06/23/23
MYP
Midnight Silver
Black
Tow
OD: May 17
ODD: June-July
EDD1: Jun 9-June 30
EDD2: (6/7) June 20-June 27
EED3: (6/15) June 17-June 27
DD Scheduled 6/23 (update 6/16)
VIN: (6/7) PF802xxx

Picked up car today, HW 4 as expected per the VIN. Charge at 87%. Exterior and interior were very clean! Panel gaps and panel alignment are great, all doors windows operate as expected. No issues found with paint. All good with the exception of the black lower portion of front bumper that had been scuffed. Input a service ticket prior to drive off lot. Tesla already scheduled a mobile service to repair next Friday. I expect the piece will need to be replaced, but no worries. No issues found with the interior. Car is a real pleasure to drive. Overall a very positive experience.
Just took delivery of our MYP MSM/Black on the 14th and already just yesterday afternoon my wife decided to curb the right rear 21” Uberturbine wheel while pulling out of a parking stall. I was really upset that she parked right next to a curb after explaining several times that low profile tires wont protect much on the wheels/rims. It is just a small chip in the outer wheel edge but it just doesn’t feel new anymore.

Now looking around for a replacement 21” Uberturbine wheel, just to have it back to that new status.. also worried now about alignment issue which I will have checked when the wheel is swapped out.

IMG_2207.jpeg

IMG_2208.jpeg

I know just a little chip compared to anything worse, but its just the thought of it being there that is more disturbing at the moment and will fade away in time.

It wont be the last, separate vehicles or assume the shared vehicle is a beater lol. That little chip is not going to have impacted alignment, a file and touch up paint will make it 90% disappear, but you'll have more soon enough I'm sure

MYLR5 - MSM/Black, 19”, no upgrades
OD: 5/21, Seattle
EDD: June - July
EDD2 (6/1): June 16 - June 30
EDD3 (6/17): June 21 - June 30
EDD4 (6/21): June 23 - June 30
VIN Assigned (6/23), New EDD July 7 - 14

VIN: PA135xxx (HW4, non-Matrix)

Car was born on 6/9, and I've seem some identical configurations with later ODs and later manufacture dates getting earlier delivery dates to Seattle. Anything I should read into that, or the fact that there's a relatively big delay between the manufacture date and my VIN assignment?

That appears to be the case, it doesn't show the hold in the app though, but the VIN has disappeared. I did not ask for another hold on the order, I asked them to hold the vehicle for me until July 1, instead they offered to hold my order until July 1 and I accepted. In my case the difference between hold and reorder is $500 since the vehicle price increased $250 since i ordered and the order fee is $250. Not a lot of money, but $500 after tax dollars is not nothing to me either.
Tesla asked me to schedule delivery, 26 and 27 are the only available dates. They declined to hold until July, so I said ok to release the car. As of now, VIN disappeared, order still active.

So I guess I’m in the same situation as yours now.

Reactions: boones
Date Revised

MYLR - Silver
5 Seat Black Interior
19” Geminis
OD: May 28
ODD: May - Jun
ODD 2: Jun - Jul (updated on Jun 1st)
EDD: Jun 14 - Jun 30 (updated on Jun 5th)
EDD 2: Jun 23 - Jun 30 (updated on Jun 15th)
EDD 3: Jun 24 - Jun 30 (updated on Jun 24)
VIN: TBD

Let’s see how many +1 day will add on my order... 🤣

Date Revised

MYLR - Silver
5 Seat Black Interior
19” Geminis
OD: May 28
ODD: May - Jun
ODD 2: Jun - Jul (updated on Jun 1st)
EDD: Jun 14 - Jun 30 (updated on Jun 5th)
EDD 2: Jun 23 - Jun 30 (updated on Jun 15th)
EDD 3: Jun 24 - Jun 30 (updated on Jun 24)
VIN: TBD

Let’s see how many +1 day will add on my order... 🤣
I bet you get a VIN by the end of day on Monday.

Reactions: nhuqt and retbesla