Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes they are saying they are under tremendous pressure and if I don't take delivery before June 30 they will remove VIN and give it to someone else. I went to the service center and talked to the guy as their text response was delayed and weak. I also got opportunity to inspect a blue model y performance parked for delivery . The paint quality was flawless . I could see very small swirls but that is fine. Also panel gaps looked even and tight . Lucky guy...
I just got a text, my delivery is being delayed again. They have set my delivery to Friday 6/30 at 6PM.

I called and spoke with them and said that this was impossible because my son has surgery scheduled this day.

At this point, they are trying to put pressure on me to take delivery before the end of the month.

I explained that this is the second time delivery has been rescheduled and the fact that they have boxed me in to a single day for delivery trying to increase their June numbers, it a then problem not a me problem.

At this point, if they can’t accommodate an earlier delivery and won’t let me take delivery on 7/1, they can refund me my deposit and I will find something else.

Pretty poor customer service in my opinion.

Picked up my new MYLR red/white today in Richmond Va., Austin build. Fantastic experience. No panel gaps, paint was good, car was prepped great. One thing I wasn’t expecting. Vehicle came with Pirelli Scorpion 19” tires. I thought they all came with Continentals. Probably ran out and slapped on something else. Very happy so far, car drove great the 60 miles home to Williamsburg, even though ran into 2 big rainstorms on the way.

Picked up my new MYLR red/white today in Richmond Va., Austin build. Fantastic experience. No panel gaps, paint was good, car was prepped great. One thing I wasn’t expecting. Vehicle came with Pirelli Scorpion 19” tires. I thought they all came with Continentals. Probably ran out and slapped on something else. Very happy so far, car drove great the 60 miles home to Williamsburg, even though ran into 2 big rainstorms on the way.
Congrats!!

I also received Pirelli 19” with Austin build.

Reactions: ERD5406 and Sai Ko
@Frostburn I am happy that you received your vehicle without any issues. Although I am a little disappointed that I ordered the same exact configuration as you May 14th with delivery to Norfolk… my first opportunity for delivery was scheduled for this Sunday 5/25, but then I received a text stating delivery was running late and I was forced to reschedule. Currently have delivery scheduled for Monday 6/26… fingers crossed that it doesn’t slip again.
Similar situation here. Pickup was scheduled for tomorrow 2 PM, but the SC texted me today saying the vehicle is still
in transit. I could not pickup my first VIN towards end of May since I was out of the country. This wait is becoming unbearable.

Well it was a crazy last couple of days, trying to get this deal done before going on vacation. But the folks at Seattle Tesla made it work. After a quick scare about being delayed in transit, I was able to keep my original delivery window and picked up our blue/white LR. Only had one little scuff on the upper window pillar but they got it out with some polish. Now it’s home and I’m looking forward to the first full wash that I can do.

IMG_5755.jpeg

Well it was a crazy last couple of days, trying to get this deal done before going on vacation. But the folks at Seattle Tesla made it work. After a quick scare about being delayed in transit, I was able to keep my original delivery window and picked up our blue/white LR. Only had one little scuff on the upper window pillar but they got it out with some polish. Now it’s home and I’m looking forward to the first full wash that I can do.

View attachment 950838
Congrats!!

So you went at 2 PM and the car has been ready? Wow.

Reactions: W R Carter
Congrats!!

So you went at 2 PM and the car has been ready? Wow.
Yup, it was all ready to go and hooked up to the charger when we got there. Spent the first 5 minutes wandering around the car because I didn't know what to do. They had it fully unlocked and accessible, so I spent about an hour looking through the car and having that little spot fixed. 10 minutes doing the paperwork and off we went. Got home and spent another couple hours going through the menus and settings and stuff like that.

Btw, just the friendly reminder to all white MYers, when using the windshield washer fluid, be careful. It is very blue and will leave blue mark everywhere if you spread a lot. And, if you unfortunately leave your driver side window isn’t closed, your interior, if white, will be colorful too.

• Informative
Reactions: AbblePC
As per order agreement I have 3 days to take delivery, Does three days start from when i get the notification or 3 days from the scheduled delivery?
I am traveling and Tesla is adamant on not delaying delivery for 2 days.

Below is the verbiage from the order agreement
Delivery; Transfer of Title. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other location as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers.

As per order agreement I have 3 days to take delivery, Does three days start from when i get the notification or 3 days from the scheduled delivery?
I am traveling and Tesla is adamant on not delaying delivery for 2 days.

Below is the verbiage from the order agreement
Delivery; Transfer of Title. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other location as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers.
my understanding is it's within 3 days of the date your car is ready for delivery.
e.g they notify you on the 25th that your car is ready 26th, you have to take delivery by 28th (26, 27 and 28).

my understanding is it's within 3 days of the date your car is ready for delivery.
e.g they notify you on the 25th that your car is ready 26th, you have to take delivery by 28th (26, 27 and 28).
Yesterday (6/25) when my delivery date was delayed they automatically changed my delivery date to 6/30. This is 5 days from the date they are telling me availability.

My interpretation is that they are saying my vehicle will not be available for delivery until 6/30 and I agree to schedule and take delivery within 3 days of that date.

Thing is, the first time my delivery was delayed, I received a text asking me to reschedule. When I went through the app I had the ability to schedule delivery on a day and time that worked for me. The second time my delivery was delayed they rescheduled the delivery to 6/30 and now I’m being told I need to take delivery before 7/1. Being rescheduled by them without input from me seems kind of shady and telling me I have to take delivery that day certainly does not give me the three day window detailed in the order agreement.

Yesterday (6/25) when my delivery date was delayed they automatically changed my delivery date to 6/30. This is 5 days from the date they are telling me availability.

My interpretation is that they are saying my vehicle will not be available for delivery until 6/30 and I agree to schedule and take delivery within 3 days of that date.

Thing is, the first time my delivery was delayed, I received a text asking me to reschedule. When I went through the app I had the ability to schedule delivery on a day and time that worked for me. The second time my delivery was delayed they rescheduled the delivery to 6/30 and now I’m being told I need to take delivery before 7/1. Being rescheduled by them without input from me seems kind of shady and telling me I have to take delivery that day certainly does not give me the three day window detailed in the order agreement.
I agree that they’re being shady. They can’t force you into taking delivery with only one day as an option. It’s just not reasonable.

Reactions: Truegrass

yep, their push to hit quarterly delivery target should not sacrifice our experience.

Reactions: Truegrass