Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Red MYLR earlier today from Paramus, NJ... was quite a seamless experience with almost NO human interaction (thought there might be a briefing etc)

Wanted to ask if anyone is getting the magnetic cargo cover with their 7 seater? I did not get it.
The cargo cover would only be usable in the 5 seat config since the extra 2 seats take up the space it would cover.

Reactions: UrbanNomad
Quick poll: how many people are putting PPF on the front of their car? Ceramic coating? It annoys me that everywhere I look says it is a must do thing. Is this marketing or does the paint really suck that much?
I plan on at least PPF on the front bumper. Have heard that the paint on Teslas are softer and more prone to chips. Other than that, I will not be doing ceramic coating, as I would prefer to regularly wax/polish myself.

I will do diy ppf full front and ceramic on the rest . I plan to keep this car as long as I can
All cars after a certain number of miles get rock chips . Mixed stories out there on the Tesla's paint quality. Depends a lot on your luck :) ! This is my most expensive spend on a car so I am definitely going to baby it .... lol

Reactions: Sai Ko and Citherly
What is this AUF1 ? Is this standard for all new cars ?
Yes, new cars built in June are getting AUF1 premium sound

From Reddit thread:

6/26/2023: AUF1 AUDIO FIRMWARE OPTION Premium Immersive SoundThe "Premium Immersive Sound" is something new that I just started noticing on newer builds (early June and newer). I'm not sure if they changed something with the speakers themselves or number of speakers.

Last edited:
Yes, new cars built in June are getting AUF1 premium sound

From Reddit thread:

6/26/2023: AUF1 AUDIO FIRMWARE OPTION Premium Immersive SoundThe "Premium Immersive Sound" is something new that I just started noticing on newer builds (early June and newer). I'm not sure if they changed something with the speakers themselves or number of speakers.
Nice did you get this info using your vin from from the reddit vin lookup thread ?

I will do diy ppf full front and ceramic on the rest . I plan to keep this car as long as I can
All cars after a certain number of miles get rock chips . Mixed stories out there on the Tesla's paint quality. Depends a lot on your luck :) ! This is my most expensive spend on a car so I am definitely going to baby it .... lol
I am just planning to PPF headlights and the high impact rocker panel areas for now. I can't do full PPF as I have to do everything myself without any helping hands 🤣

Just a quick update: First day having the car, installed the all-weather mats then took a drive. Up popped the passenger restraint fault... While I'm not upset, it's pretty annoying to have an issue like this come up on the first day of owning the vehicle. Reached out in the app and via text and not really getting much response.
Sad to hear that. Service appointment should take care

I just got a text from Tesla, and I can schedule an appointment for pick-up! They said that the MY will be built in the next 1-2 days, so the VIN is not yet ready. I picked this Thursday and hope that it will be ready by that time.

@Alonzo, I still haven't got the VIN, but you are pretty close! 👍
So you got a delivery date before a vin?! Geez. They really want end of quarter sales

Reactions: DaBinlo
So here’s my update

I got my vin on Saturday, scheduled delivery Sunday. Rescheduled delivery cause I need proof of payment for Monday at 2pm. 2pm rolls around I get to Tesla, they said the car was going through inspection still. They sent me home, paid for my Uber to go back. Came back around 5-6 and they told me they can’t release the car because something was wrong with the car. So they’re now rescheduling me for tomorrow 😒 I better get a pristine vehicle with all the nicer tech.

I also had to take my bf out for pho because he’s grumpy haha 😂

So here’s my update

I got my vin on Saturday, scheduled delivery Sunday. Rescheduled delivery cause I need proof of payment for Monday at 2pm. 2pm rolls around I get to Tesla, they said the car was going through inspection still. They sent me home, paid for my Uber to go back. Came back around 5-6 and they told me they can’t release the car because something was wrong with the car. So they’re now rescheduling me for tomorrow 😒 I better get a pristine vehicle with all the nicer tech.

I also had to take my bf out for pho because he’s grumpy haha 😂
What was wrong?