Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector died on me after 2+ year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dvashi

Nov 6, 2023
troy
I have been using a Tesla wall connector for 2+ years with no issues. Installed through Tesla's recommended licensed electrician. All of a sudden my wall connector stopped working and I called an electrician, he came out within 3 hours and inspected everything. I was with him all the time and everything looked 100%. All cable, switch, wirebox, breaker, all voltage reading looks good. I called Tesla and they are saying they are seeing grounds error on their side. Which I haven't seen on my side( no msg, no red light, etc) till now. Basically, they are saying it's an error on my side and that's why it's died. It's still under warranty. I don't what to do. Please advise. Anyone experienced anything like that?

I think the issue with Tesla will be the connector is reporting errors, which seem indicate a problem outside the connector. However, if there is an internal problem it could well cause such errors. Since you took the initiative to have an electrician look at it, I would get a write-up from him starting he inspected the setup and all the wiring is good - then send this to Tesla.

Upvote 0
I called Tesla and they are saying they are seeing grounds error on their side. Which I haven't seen on my side( no msg, no red light, etc) till now.
I don't have advice, just more questions. Did they see a gnd error with car plugged or not plugged in? Were they more specific, or just said "ground error"? Did they suggest a plan of action? Can the car be successfully charged elsewhere?

Upvote 0
Tesla customer services told me “There has been 2-3 error, that shows on their side. I have not received any error msg or red light. He was not specific, just said ground error and asked me to resolve it. I asked him if I didn't have any error msg on my side and how I was supposed to prevent the situation and act on it right away. He could say anything. I even asked him if it was a ground error, then why I had not been notified or made aware of it, it's a safety issue. He could not answer it. He asked me to submit all the pictures and info again. I can charge my car through other means but not through a wall connector.

• Helpful
Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
I think the issue with Tesla will be the connector is reporting errors, which seem indicate a problem outside the connector. However, if there is an internal problem it could well cause such errors. Since you took the initiative to have an electrician look at it, I would get a write-up from him starting he inspected the setup and all the wiring is good - then send this to Tesla.
Yes, making sure the OP says the Tesla recommended electrician.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0