Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am looking for financing options for Washington state. Anyone have recommendations for 72 or 84 month loans. Looking into DCU but also found Sound CU to be really competitive. They are quoting 2.54% up to 84 months for "green" vehicles. They also have this auto advantage thing. Basically a loan structured like a lease to keep the payments down with a guaranteed residual value at the end of the loan where you either refi into a normal loan to pay off the balloon or turn it in to them for the "guaranteed value". Anyone ever use them or have experience with the auto advantage route?

• Informative
Reactions: nguyem86 and jebinc
First day back in my EDD window, 12/3-12/16 😬. No VIN assigned yet.

Curious, what has been your experience with status updates to your order? Mine typically happen overnight, so I wake up and see either an updated EDD window, payment prompt, etc.

Same for you all? Or do you get notified during the day?

What was your previous EDD before assignment? When was your VIN assigned? Congrats!
  • After completing first set of tasks (financing mainly), it moved to 3-31 Dec.
  • In Nov first week, it moved to 30 Nov to 13 Dec.
  • Next change was 2 Dec to 12 Dec.
  • Vin assigned on 30th Nov and edd changed to 6 Dec to 9th Dec.
  • Today got update to schedule delivery.

So I am looking for financing options for Washington state. Anyone have recommendations for 72 or 84 month loans. Looking into DCU but also found Sound CU to be really competitive. They are quoting 2.54% up to 84 months for "green" vehicles. They also have this auto advantage thing. Basically a loan structured like a lease to keep the payments down with a guaranteed residual value at the end of the loan where you either refi into a normal loan to pay off the balloon or turn it in to them for the "guaranteed value". Anyone ever use them or have experience with the auto advantage route?
Bumping for visibility. Anyone have any other options that are better or have experience with Sound CU or their Auto Advantage program?

Bumping for visibility. Anyone have any other options that are better or have experience with Sound CU or their Auto Advantage program?
I was going to go with PenFed, but it sounds like Sound CU might be the best option. I looked into lightstream and DCU as well and heard they both have terrible customer service and no branches in WA, makes it hard to move quickly if they don't answer their phone and no physical location to visit. And without actually applying, it's hard to say where you'll land on the APR range...

I was going to go with PenFed, but it sounds like Sound CU might be the best option. I looked into lightstream and DCU as well and heard they both have terrible customer service and no branches in WA, makes it hard to move quickly if they don't answer their phone and no physical location to visit. And without actually applying, it's hard to say where you'll land on the APR range...
Yeah, quotes on a website and an approval are very different things.

Report back if you happen to give them a shot (if you don't mind).

Yours could be on that truck. It seems to me a black Y at bottom 🙂

I don't have a VIN assigned yet, so no such luck. I wish.

My understanding is that VIN is assigned at the factory, when the car is built/ready, and then my SA said "it takes about 3-5 days to get a car from the factory." This matches my earlier experience with a botched delivery; my VIN was assigned 11/14, and then the days I was given to pick up the car were 11/18, 11/19, or 11/20.