Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery of my Model Y tomorrow, super excited. Lynwood location. It seems like I am hitting a rainy day, can i simply drive off and run through the entire checklist at home? Or do you recommend some No-Go checks that are necessary to do at the pickup?

Last edited:
Reactions: TKai
Taking delivery of my Model Y tomorrow, super excited. Lynwood location. It seems like I am hitting a rainy day, can i simply drive off and run through the entire checklist at home? Or do you recommend some No-Go checks that are necessary to do at the pickup?
I recommend: if it's driving and no errors popping up, take it home. It's under warranty, they will fix everything.

Take a closer look at home, but heck, they're all a bit different, the irregularities are part of the charm.

Open all the doors and inside stuff, check for actual rubbing (not likely).

This forum is over sampling for problems. Thousands of people just buy Teslas and never check in here, because there's nothing wrong with them.

It will be fine.

Reactions: TKai and mickeyt500
Interesting... down here in Kirkland, we didn't have the choice to pick it up. The only option was delivery to our house, which is scheduled for this Friday.

Delivery day yesterday! Had a 12pm-2pm window. Got a call from the delivery rep around 12:08 and was asked to confirm address and was told he would be arriving in about 15 minutes(!). After arrival, did a quick walk-around outside and in with the delivery rep and signed the docs. He helped setup the keys and walked through some simple settings and said if I happened to find any cosmetic damage to book a service request through the app.

Vehicle came with front mud flaps and rear door PPF.

On a more detailed inspection this morning found a couple minor panel gaps and some excess window trim and put in a mobile service request for next week.

Managed to hit a big pothole on the first drive and got curb rash on the right rear wheel 😅😭

Reactions: TKai
This is where we’re supposed to despair right?

MYLR (Blue/Black/No Tow/No FSD) OD: 7/19 just got pushed back to 2/15-3/15.

Frustrated my SA never mentioned the trade in resetting after 30 days would have an effect on my delivery time.
That stinks. I would definitely look into selling to Carmax, Vroom, etc. you will get a much better price. I sold my truck to Carmax and got $6k more than what Tesla was offering. Carmax was a relatively painless process also, took 1.5 hrs total from walking in to getting my check. Much easier then having to try and sell myself

That stinks. I would definitely look into selling to Carmax, Vroom, etc. you will get a much better price. I sold my truck to Carmax and got $6k more than what Tesla was offering. Carmax was a relatively painless process also, took 1.5 hrs total from walking in to getting my check. Much easier then having to try and sell myself
I had my SA remove the trade in from my order about a month ago because at that point I didn’t have an EDD. I do plan on trying to sell it myself now. This situation is especially frustrating I ordered when I did in order to get an AWD before winter and potential snow and icy driving conditions. It is what it is, but still frustrating.

Reactions: JayhawkCRNA
Delivery day yesterday! Had a 12pm-2pm window. Got a call from the delivery rep around 12:08 and was asked to confirm address and was told he would be arriving in about 15 minutes(!). After arrival, did a quick walk-around outside and in with the delivery rep and signed the docs. He helped setup the keys and walked through some simple settings and said if I happened to find any cosmetic damage to book a service request through the app.

Vehicle came with front mud flaps and rear door PPF.

On a more detailed inspection this morning found a couple minor panel gaps and some excess window trim and put in a mobile service request for next week.

Managed to hit a big pothole on the first drive and got curb rash on the right rear wheel 😅😭
Congrats on delivery! Sounds like some minor fit and finish issues. Ooof on the curb rash. Out of curiosity, overall were you satisfied with the condition? Sounds like minor issues but hoping you're "feeling good" about taking delivery.

Frustrated my SA never mentioned the trade in resetting after 30 days would have an effect on my delivery time.
Is this really true? My trade in offer just expired and I haven’t resent the updated miles yet,( it’s only about 75 miles). My edd date is December and don’t want to have that pushed back because of this. This would be the first time I have heard of this

Is this true? This is the first I’ve heard of this, my order date is July 1st and would hate to have it moved back because of this. My trade offer just expired but now I don’t know if I should submit new miles… any advice on this? My edd is in December…